3 Flayer Youngling team = Win.

90 Goblin Shaman
I have 3 of my little blue babies now and I am undefeated in pvp. One super fast breed and 2 mid in all but 2nd highest speed stat.

Little goblin with the 3 Slayers er.. Flayers, that's me out there.

Right now I only finish 1 out of 2 battles because folks just run. Your undead won't stop this nah nah nah lol.

Hit me up to battle.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully, the Flayer will get nerfed soon enough to be balanced.
Edited by Zeglo on 12/12/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
All undead teams say hi
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Lol l must have fought you then in a PvP match up cause they had 3 Flayers, and the all three Flayers ended up taking dirt naps.

My team was
Feline Familer (rare)
Murkablo
Restless Shadling (rare)

Flayers are ok, but not great. Alot of people seem obsessed with the skill Reflect. Other pets have Reflect, like the Anubisath Idol, Mana Wyrmling, Soul of the Aspects, and Shimmering Wyrmling.

Now with PvP fight if you know how to use the Flayer they can be pretty good, however ive taken mine of my Trainer Daily rotation casue non of it multi-attacks (Blitz and Triple Snap) seem to hit more then once on Trainer pets.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
single maggot says hi
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Zeglo
Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully, the Flayer will get nerfed soon enough to be balanced.

Honestly, I'd wager half of the teams out there could beat triple Flayer teams.

Flayers are weak against a ton of different pets, so stacking three of them will lose very hard to a lot of comps, especially since Undeads are so popular now.

A funnier 3x comp to try would be 3x Feline Familiar.
Edited by Simca on 12/12/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Haha yeah. If other people say the team is definitely beatable, I will take it. I've yet to go against three flayers, but I guess there are a lot of combinations which outpace Reflect spamming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Im with OP...i have a 3 Flayer team, but not all have Reflect. The 5 round 100% hit is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just a quick question! I finally picked up my first rare Flayer last night, as well as my first Humanoid stone. What exactly is the ideal stats for Flayers? Super speedy speed ones?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I like speed, but speed does not affect reflect - reflect will also activate 'first' in a round. The one flayer I use is the max speedy version, just because I like going first on my pets as much as possible, and it helps in the event I choose Blitz for a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My crawling claw would decimate ur entire team alone. How do i know this? Ur not the first person to be foolish enough to take me on with this comp.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Just a quick question! I finally picked up my first rare Flayer last night, as well as my first Humanoid stone. What exactly is the ideal stats for Flayers? Super speedy speed ones?

Thanks!

Yes the breed 5 (super speedy) is generally agreed upon to be the best for PvP. You get to go first so you can utilize kick. For PvE I don't think it matters as much.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have 3 of my little blue babies now and I am undefeated in pvp. One super fast breed and 2 mid in all but 2nd highest speed stat.

Little goblin with the 3 Slayers er.. Flayers, that's me out there.

Right now I only finish 1 out of 2 battles because folks just run. Your undead won't stop this nah nah nah lol.

Hit me up to battle.

Now don't be getting my little guy nerfed.....

I love my little flayer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I've seen a couple three flayer teams. Beaten them all. One forfeited after the first flayer died. I don't even remember what comp I was running. I know it was just random pets and not one of my usual teams.

An excellent pet isn't going to make up for dumb gameplay. I'm not saying that to be mean but running 3 flayers, esp suboptimal breeds, just isn't too smart.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I doubt you'll do well against any team that hits hard. Those little hits for 146 aren't going to be doing a lot of damage, even if you get to reflect once every 5 rounds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A breed 5 (fast) Flayer is really, really good when played well.

3 Flayers, however, is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Frankly I'm sick of Flayers.

Every other damn team I fight has a Flayer in it. It's old.

I hope they do nerf the damn things, they're far too "flavor of the month" at the moment. It's gone somewhat viral. One flayer kicks someone's !@#, and then that person gets one thinking they're over-powered, and then so on and so forth...

I've killed a few. A few have killed me. Either way, I'm sick of seeing them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
And then the 3x Fluxfire Feline teams will still chew through your flayers.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have only lost one battle so far with 3 and was completely my own miss planning. I let someone with a Fluxfire Feline use the triple stack combo twice and killed 2 pets, he was down to one with me having 2. Had I reflected either of the 2 big damage which could have both but didn't then it would have ended. I actually missed 2 kicks in a row that would have cost him the match not me so excuses maybe but valid. Also this was the first time I had ever fought the cat so as I learn rotations I can time stuns and reflects better.

Crawling Claw will not beat the whole team as I beat undead all the time including claws. With fast Slayers(tm lol teasing). I save reflect for highest damage moves to avoid them, not just spam it. Also I kick on cooldown almost always. People underestimate the self healing of human especially when wasting other side turns with damage but taking none.

Another trick for the Slayer enthusiasts(which might be obvious) is when you reflect a stun move swap to your other one and fresh kick and reflect. Also if you don't have all 325 speed try to time it so your fast one comes out with the other teams to ensure kicks always are efficient.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Btw I give all this information because I do like the pvp queues and they are already boring since most people just run and literally have lost only one fight in a week. Maybe in time some sort of tournaments or pet valor or actual valor etc from battles? Something besides literally nothing lol.

I know it's new and not complaining because in fact I do more pet stuff than other atm, just hoping for it to grow.

My fastest speed blue infinite, Fluxfire now, etc waiting for their time. For now though the age of the Slayer... lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]