WW Monk vs Feral Druid..

90 Worgen Druid
Okay WW Monk or Feral Druid for pvp and dungeons...GO
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Feral for PvP and they both sit around equal for dungeons. Feral brings more to the group, though not much is needed for dungeons tbh. DPS will similar but feral comes with a ramp up time and CDs where monk has relatively less cooldowns, but less exciting burst moments.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
Do you hate positional attacks? Go WW. If not, go feral.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Slant

You say that as though WW doesn't have to rely on positional abilities. Paralysis and Spear Hand are both immensely important to use behind/in front of the target

At least ferals run at mach speed to make up for theirs. :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/13/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Draggy

You say that as though WW doesn't have to rely on positional abilities. Paralysis and Spear Hand are both immensely important to use behind/in front of the target

At least ferals run at mach speed to make up for theirs. :/

But I keep getting told Roll makes us the most mobile class ever! Its not like we ever get rooted / charged mid roll! /cry
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
The biggest difference between the two classes in PVE is that monk is the more active of the two. After we hit and exp cap haste is our most valuable stat, so we tend to have really high energy regen. That, plus our mastery procs means we are very active and since our damage is averaged out over lots of smaller hits you won't suffer as much if you use the wrong skill in your rotation.

Druids prioritize mastery and crit. They hit big. They hit hard. Their bleeds hurt. That said, energy regen s pretty awful on a druid so you have to strategize. You have to plan a few CDs and finishing moves ahead. Their AOE is also less effective than monk, IMO.

Single target they can do comparable damage. Actually think druid does a bit more, but druid suffers if they have to do frequent target switching and they are less forgiving on the DPS side if you screw up. But on a boss/raid fight... hard spec to beat, if played well.

In PVP I cannot say, but I would put my money on druid, as they can put a lot of bleed damage on a target and are difficult to peel. Plus, they can stealth, which pretty much means you can choose when and where you start the battle. They also run the fastest, unmounted, and can shift snares, so catching a druid is no easy feat.

That said, I prefer the more active play style of the monk and find druids to be boring. But that is me. Each spec has its advantages.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Jeeze Lightning you pretty much summed up my dilemma. I hate how slow energy regen is on druids. In bg's it's not as noticeable, but questing I definitely notice it. But I do love stealth and both the WW monk and Feral druid have very fun play styles. Also @ Slant, you might already know this, but with tiger's fury and berserk you dont have to be in a position to use shred which is nice:) Ty guys for input.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Draggy

Yep, but only in PvP, and not as primary damage abilities.

Actually, does the paralysis duration double from behind in PvP? Isn't it capped at 8 seconds anyway?
Edited by Slant on 12/14/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
pvp feral just bcz ww pvp atm is bad. pve it doesnt matter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/14/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Slant

Yep, but only in PvP, and not as primary damage abilities.

Actually, does the paralysis duration double from behind in PvP? Isn't it capped at 8 seconds anyway?

It only lasts 4 seconds when used in front of the target.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
Ahhh so. Thanks.

Anyway back to the topic, some people feel strongly about positional attacks. I know I do. I despise them. If you don't care, feral wins for everything but rampup. WW DPS is a bit low, actually, but it's due for buffs.

The rankings will change, but there is no sign that ferals will ever be able to shred from the front.
Edited by Slant on 12/15/2012 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]