Importance of meeting mistweaver haste cap?

90 Pandaren Monk
I'm seeing conflicting reports on the haste cap at the moment, and I wanted to get more input from the monk community.

On WoL, I'm seeing post-hotfix/5.1 monks nowhere near the haste cap, and shining using high mastery/crit values. Specifically, 10M normal.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'm asking because I've been struggling a lot since I reforged for the cap, and I'm wondering if I'm going about it incorrectly.
Edited by Zehui on 12/13/2012 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Throughput-wise as long as the ratio of healing done by ReM+haste-scaling spells (auto-attack+TS, soothing, SCK) to the healing done by non-haste-scaling spells (T30 talents, Jab/TP/BoK, Uplift, surging) is at least ~1:1 it's always a gain to go for the next ReM BP if you can. Regen-wise it's a slight loss, though, since you're still dropping crit for it and thus losing MT stacks.

If they're just at the 10N level it's also possible that they don't have a spell haste buff, which raises your ReM BPs by ~1500.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]