Healing as Holy...?

90 Worgen Priest
Herro. I'm a relatively new priest, but I understand healing. I just seem to have too many abilities to keep track of when healing!

Renew
Heal
Flash Heal
Greater Heal
Holy Word: Serenity/Sanctuary/Chastise(solo)
Prayer of Healing
Prayer of Mending
Circle of Healing
Binding Heal
Divine Hymn
Dispel
Lightwell/spring

(Utility)
Smite
Holy Fire
Inner Fire
Inner Will
Levitate
Bla bla bla etc.

I guess my question is... which healing spells are important and should be used? I'll never be able to manage them all at max level...
Reply Quote
7 Troll Druid
Most important spells as holy are..

PoM - Keep on tank at all times once all charges have been used reapply it. (Probably best to get a PoM tracker for this)
Holy Word: Serenity(Non stacking situations)
Holy Word Sanctuary(Stacking Situations)
Prayer of Healing(Strong AoE heal, is main heal)
Renew(Try to keep this on tanks or use it to top people up)
Circle of Healing(When 2 or more players are taking damage)
Heal(When there's down time and need to top people up)
Flash Heal(When need to top someone up FAST)
Greater Heal(Large heal to top someone up but much longer cast time then FH)
Divine Hymn(Very handy cd best used when whole raid is taking a large amount of damage)
Lightspring(Should ofc have this glyphed, Very useful almost as strong as Divine hymn when whole raid is below 50% health.)
Inner Will(Of course use this, swith to Inner fire when using divine hymn(Optional))
Dispel(Obviously to dispel stuff off a player)
Binding Heal(I don't really use this, you can if you like)

Smite/Holy fire ect. are not needed as Holy does not have Atonement heal, Levitate is not needed it's just a fun thing to use when you're bored.

And now all you need to do is find an amount of spirit you are comfortable with and you will need to play around with Mindbender/Shadowfiend in order to find a comfortable rotation for using that so you're getting full advantage of mana regen.
Edited by Catoner on 12/11/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I just have Smite and Fire on my bars for when I'm soloing. Soloing as holy is actually pretty fun! Thanks for the info though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I recommend the power word: Solace talent. It's very easy to use during downtime in groups, contributes damage to make your dungeon/raid go faster, and gives you mana! It's great.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/11/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Luthrel
I recommend the power word: Solace talent. It's very easy to use during downtime in groups, contributes damage to make your dungeon/raid go faster, and gives you mana! It's great.

Mindbender is superior in pretty much every way. You can use it whenever you need it, don't have to rely on gaps in damage, contributes damage and gives you mana.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I tried PW: Solace, but at the mana cap that comes to around 2100/cast, which isn't a whole lot when you consider how much mana your healing spells use. Plus, Solace depends on your group not taking damage. That's fine for 5man groups, but not practical for beginning raiding. I like Mindbender better: give more mana and has a shorter cd than Shadowfiend.

When I set up my spells in Healbot, I made a chart with the buttons across the top (left, middle, right) and the add buttons down the side (none, shift, ctl, alt), and then filled in the spells. It helped me in the beginning to keep everything straight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

I guess my question is... which healing spells are important and should be used? I'll never be able to manage them all at max level...

All of them. But don't make it seem more complicated than it really is.

You have a dispel, some cooldowns, and some set-and-forget buffs.

Then you have a cheap heal, a big heal and a fast heal. An instant party heal with a cooldown, a casted party heal, and a heal for yourself and another. A heal over time that you can refresh with direct heals, and a cheap instant heal with a cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Renew
Keep it on the tank

Heal -
dont use it

Flash Heal -
Only use it when its really needed

Greater Heal -
Dont use it as holy

Serenity
Spam it for spot healing, flash heal when you cant.

Sanctuary
dont use it its not efficient

Chastise
dont use it

Prayer of Healing
use it when you need to spike hps, and keep your regen pet out when doing it

Prayer of Mending
keep it on cooldown

Circle of Healing
keep it on cooldown

Binding Heal
Used when everything is dying, and you need to heal two people at once

Divine Hymn
use it when you need to pop a cooldown (lots of people low)

Dispel
obviously to keep stuff off people

Lightwell/spring
Use glyph and keep it on cooldown.

this iwll get you 65-75k HPS if you do it as i said.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Don't listen to Ezri. He clearly didn't bother looking at your level, Alpheon. :/
Edited by Elethia on 12/14/2012 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]