Need some advice!

90 Draenei Shaman
I'm looking to buy a new desktop/laptop.

This is what I'm used to playing wow on.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.41 GHz
Memory (RAM): 1023 MB
System type: 32-bit
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6600
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

If you need more information let me know.

Basically it's awful. I throw all the setting to the lowest possible and I'm still getting max 15-20 fps on a good day. In 10 mans I get 10-.

I want to buy something better! I want something that gives 30+ FPS. I don't care if I have to throw all the settings on low as long as there are no FPS spikes and it's always above 30+ FPS. Sadly I don't have the ability to build anything on my own :/

I have tried to look on my own for a decent computer for my requirements but nothing really fits what I want.

I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I'm also not trying to be unrealistic and ask for a cheap super-gaming computer.

It'll be easy to please me considering what I'm used to playing on.

Thanks so much in advance :)
Edited by Prestigee on 12/11/2012 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Forgot to mention I can't build anything :/ and what I meant by upgrade is buy something new. But I edited to be more clear. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sadly I don't have the ability to build anything on my own :/

I have tried to look on my own for a decent computer for my requirements but nothing really fits what I want.

Why don't you have that ability? What do you want?

A lot of people are simply afraid to try to build a computer, but it's not that hard, it's hardly a great test of technical prowess. It's more like putting together a set of Legos than anything else.

But ok, what do you want? What's your budget? How comfortable would you be with getting something used, or refurbished?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My price range is 300-450$. If the price is right I'd be willing to go with something refurbished.

I'd like to avoid building it. Legos weren't really my thing hahaha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Prestigee
My price range is 300-450$. If the price is right I'd be willing to go with something refurbished.

That's pretty low, regardless. You would have to haunt some used or bargain systems, and keep your monitor. Even then you'd have to get lucky.

I'd like to avoid building it. Legos weren't really my thing hahaha

Maybe find somebody else to do it for you then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]