I want to get into Horde RP. Where to start?

90 Tauren Paladin
Roleplaying has always sounded fun to me, and now that all of my IRL friends unsubbed or transferred to Alliance, I guess now is as good of time as any. I don't have any clue as to what realm, or where to start with a Character. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, there's no true right or wrong way to go about it. I've played on a few different realms, but I personally had a blast on Moon Guard on several characters. A helpful place to start would be to pick a general race, and then look at its history. Usually you can find something to help spur on an idea for what you'd like to play. After you have an idea of it, I would go server hunting. As anyone will tell you, there's no 'right' answer to which server is the best for you. I would pick one to start with, and play on it for a few days, at various times. See how you like the people. If you find that the server seems to be promising, then stick with it! If not, then just keep trying. It took me many tries (and I still do server hop a bit) to find a server to truly keep with.
Best of luck with your search!
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Here is a good guide to starting rp. Study it well and research your character race and culture. The best realm is hard to say. If you like pvp, then maybe a rp/pvp realm would suit you. The most popular realm for rp is Moonguard and also Wyrmrest Accord.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016793577

I find that a smaller realm is often more friendly, but not always. Check out various rp realms before you do any money transfers. The realm forums for each one are a good place to gauge how people treat each other in game.
Edited by Amarlei on 12/11/2012 9:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I always thought that MoonGuard was the Mos Eisley of WoW. I'll give it a try.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
In general, it's not too bad. However, keep a wary eye out if you do go to Silvermoon City. There's some.... Interesting people there, to say the least.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
12/11/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Orhano
I always thought that MoonGuard was the Mos Eisley of WoW. I'll give it a try.

It's a hive of scum and villainy, yet we have some of the best pilots in the galaxy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Scum, villainy, pilots, and vampires. What more could you want?
Reply Quote
If you do decide on Moon Guard, you are welcome to message me in game with any questions you may have about guilds, events, or lore. I'm happy to help you get acclimated.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd say Earthen Ring personally. We're a smaller, but tight knit community and would love to have you come join us. Check us out on earthenring.net.

Also, feel free to send me a whisper anytime if you come our way!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]