I wana get into PvP on my priest.

90 Pandaren Monk
Like the title says, I want to start pvping on my priest. Nothing to serious just BG's or maybe some 2v2's but I have no real clue about what is the best for Shadow in BG's as a priest, or really any good PvP knowledge about Priests in general.

Edit: So I tried to pvp as Disc but I didn't like it so much, I did little to no help healing. How ever I am loving Shadow! So I am thinking I am going to go Shadow for PvP, I got crushed due to my lack of gear but I was not the focus of attention and couldn't do anything like in Disc.

So I guess I need some pointers for Shadow spec in PvP then! I already have a decent idea from PvE but like I said before I have not PvPed much as a priest.

Oh! I should mention who is my priest too: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/M%C3%A4jis/advanced
Edited by Mistweavers on 12/11/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Get geared, gear is the most important thing right now in the game, and that is by design. I can tell you want to do BGs for fun (I do them all the time for fun on my warlock lol).

Full honor gear and you should be set. (Keybinds too).

Practice with a few keybinds at first then keep building more and more. After that you'll learn a lot more easier as you go. Just some basic stating tips.
Edited by Truewan on 12/11/2012 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldn't even bother at this stage, we are playable but have to work so much harder than any other healer just to survive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/11/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Gyppie
I wouldn't even bother at this stage, we are playable but have to work so much harder than any other healer just to survive.
I played a few BG's and I might switch to Shadow, I played a few as shadow and I was having a blast.

12/11/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Tenar
Nooo! Avoid Noxxic at all costs!
I use it for pointers and go from there, but tbh it wasn't that helpful :(

12/11/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Tenar
If you don't want to get a bit too frustrated, I'd suggest going shadow, which is doing great right now. If you want to heal with your priest, by all means try it, but you've been warned.
:D I already think I am going to go shadow. And yeah, I wasn't healing the best tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I was PvE disc for all of Cata, but lost interest in raiding after they made priest healing into garbage. I started BGing and world PvPing as shadow, and it's been an absolute blast. That's coming from a priest who only ever used shadow for questing prior to MoP, and also never PvPd.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Dimetapp
I was PvE disc for all of Cata, but lost interest in raiding after they made priest healing into garbage. I started BGing and world PvPing as shadow, and it's been an absolute blast. That's coming from a priest who only ever used shadow for questing prior to MoP, and also never PvPd.
Right now I am full speced for PvE shadow, is there much difference between PvP and PvE shadow?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Tenar
Right now I am full speced for PvE shadow, is there much difference between PvP and PvE shadow?

I'd take Psyfiend over Tendrils, and you really want Phantasm. The rest of your talents are fine, but you might wanna test Spectral Guise/Angelic Bulwark to see if they can do any better than DP for your survivability. Also, change glyph of fade for mass dispel.

Stack resilience once you get geared.

These are two top players you can take as models:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Tichondrius/Zaddo/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Outland/Overdriver/advanced
Thanks! How come I should take Psyfiend over Tendrils? Ive been using the Tendrils on Meele who gets to close and they do not seem to understand that they need to kill the Tendrils to escape so I have been burning in them down.

Can they use the freedom trink to escape those?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/12/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Mistweavers
Can they use the freedom trink to escape those?

Yes, But they can use the trinket on fear also.

Mostly it can be used proactively and strategically whereas rooting only works if they are already in your face.

Also:

It eats a fear ward.

You can slip out of LoS, cast out of range of melee, slip back behind your cover, and it still helps your team.

It will still hit players that were LoS when cast but engage a second later. ie you stopped the warrior that engaged you first, and then you stopped the mage that entered the room a second behind.

Players can still cast when rooted, they can not cast, throw. Etc. when feared.

Some skills get out of root, fade (with phantasm) and dispersion for example are two skills another spriest can use to get out of a root and then they still have their trinket.

Warriors can break a fear, but they can also kill the VT. If they break the first fear, they can’t break the second without burning their trinket, leaving you with your third fear if you need to use it.

It is really useful when pillar humping. You cast it, run around the pillar for LoS. Someone else picks up the chase, but as you round the corner again they get hit by the Psyfiend you cast a few seconds ago.

You can place it and it will continue to be effective as you run to your objective. i.e place it at a choke point and keep running.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/13/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Sassinak
Yes, But they can use the trinket on fear also.
Oh nice! I didn't realize it was so useful, seems to be ton's more than the roots. Thanks for the explanation!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Disc just means you get destroyed quickly, it's like not wearing pvp gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]