Leveling with Pandaren Pet Tamers

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
Alrighty, as most of us levelers know, the ability to spam fights against Master Nishi for experience has been removed. But after enjoying this short time, some may not want to go back to previous methods of leveling which may include grinding some critters.

So I have been trying to find easy (or doable) ways to successfully defeat the pandaren pet tamers with just two pets, including one that can explode for maximum xp.

Here is my results from the first day of doing dailies around Pandaria.
(-x- represents the pet that is being power leveled in these fights)

===Pandaria Pet Tamers===

GRAND MASTER NISHI - Valley of the Four Kings
-x-
Toothy
Darkmoon Zeppelin

Obviously this one is seen as the easiest of the pet tamers, as the first two pets do not offer much in damage. The sunflower (Siren) will usually just spam heals after a Round 1 Sunlight. I recommend starting the fight against Siren if the pet you are leveling has low hp (~300) since hits from the turnip and later from the sunlight may kill your pet later on. Also I use Toothy since he bursts the elementals easily, but probably any aquatic pet will work. I hear Magical Crawdad can solo all three pets, but you want your pets to die for maximum XP.

WASTEWALKER SHU - Dread Wastes
-x-
Dark Whelpling
Darkmoon Zeppelin (Thunderbolt)

Okay holy crapolla, this fight was incredibly hard to do. I tried quite a few pets until I finally squeezed a win out using the Dark Whelpling. If you try it with the Dark Whelpling, the fight is still quite RNG reliant as I started off using Darkness and then Lift-off. If you miss the Lift-off, theres basically no chance of doing this. Either way it is easier to start the fight off against Crusher because he doesn't do damage in round 1. I recommend Thunderbolt on the Zeppelin in case you cannot finish off Pounder with your first pet.

SEEKER ZUSSHI - Townlong Steppes
-x-
Rabbit
Darkmoon Zeppelin

Honestly, already forgot how this fight went. Snail might be better to go against first, won't do much damage and will use Dive on second round. Either way I just used a Rabbit since I like the high amount of dodges and takes less damage against the elemental pet. Apparently it works fine in taking out the first two pets. I doubt this fight would be very problematic.

COURAGEOUS YON - Kun-Lai
-x-
Emerald Whelpling
Darkmoon Zeppelin

I choose to fight Piqua, first, as he's a lot easier for the Emerald Whelpling to handle. Casting the Emerald Presence Shield will block most of the damage, and you can heal to full before fighting the rabbit next. Fairly easy since the final pet is beast, which your Zeppelin will make quick work of.

GRAND MASTER HYUNA - Jade Forest
-x-
Disgusting Oozeling
Darkmoon Zeppelin

This fight is also quite easy. Here I chose to fight Fangor first, but either probably works but I'd prefer not to take full amount of the fly's dots. The disgusting oozeling was easily able to melt the first two pets, though actually died to the dots of the fly when the third pet was sent out. Once you get rid of the first two pets, the last pet is a joke to fight if you use Darkmoon Zeppelin. The decoy will block every single attack against Dor the Wall as long as you cast it on cooldown. Just take it slow and it's an easy win.

MO'RUK - Krasarang Wilds

Sorry I haven't done Mo'Ruk yet.

AKI THE CHOSEN - Vale of Eternal Blossoms
-x-
Rapana Whelk
Darkmoon Zeppelin

Pretty easy fight actually, once you get the dragon (stormlash) down, then the rest of the fight is very simple. If you fight Stormlash first as I did, then make sure your pet can handle the round 1 lightning storm. I used the Rapana Whelk, but I would assume any pet with a shield would work, as once you kill the dragon, the cricket will be unable to damage through a shield. Might just take awhile to get through the heals. Also when you suicide on the final pet, take caution as Whiskers has both Dive and Survival.
Edited by Pvr on 12/13/2012 3:13 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
===Pandaren Spirit Tamers===

FLOWING PANDAREN SPIRIT - Dread Wastes
-x-
Disgusting Oozeling
Darkmoon Zeppelin (Thunderbolt)

I used the Oozeling, because all of the pets here deal aquatic damage for the most part, and Oozeling can get through the first two pets pretty quickly. Here I would get thunderbolt on the Darkmoon Zeppelin in order to bring the Pandaren spirit pet down before exploding. A higher level on your pet would be recommended as you may take quite a bit of Tidal Waves.

BURNING PANDAREN SPIRIT - Townlong Steppes
-x-
Rabbit
Darkmoon Zeppelin

Here I use a Rabbit to easily dodge the Lift-offs from the dragon pet, as well as take reduced damage and avoid conflagrates from the Pandaren fire spirit. The final pet is a firefly and does not have much burst, so the Zeppelin can easily set up the Explode.

THUNDERING PANDAREN SPIRIT - Kun-Lai Summit (border to Vale)
Rabbit
-x-
Darkmoon Zeppelin

The first two Pandaren spirits were relatively easy, but this may take a few tries to get. I start off with the Rabbit instead of the leveling pet, so that I can dodge the Earth spirit's stun and Rupture. I cast dodge first round, followed by 4 attacks, then make sure to dodge because then the Earth Spirit will have Rupture up again, burrow will be fine for that dodge, since the Crystal Prison stun actually doesn't do anything to a fast speed rabbit. After that will be the Critter oozeling, which will Expunge first round, so be ready to dodge that as well. I believe the rabbit will be dying against the oozeling, in which you bring in your pet to get the hit in for xp. It's either then or first round against the beast pet. Then switch to the Zeppelin, and weaken the beast with Missiles, and try to set up Decoy for after the burrow, to avoid two stone rushes that come after. Explode against beast will be around 940 damage I believe, so sooner is better than later against this guy's heavy damage.

WHISPERING PANDAREN TAMER - Jade Forest
-x-
Emerald Whelpling
Darkmoon Zeppelin

Here I chose to use Emerald Whelpling because all of the pets only do flying damage, and the Emerald Dream heal is pretty huge and will keep you going through the fight. I start off against Dusty, I can get my first hit in, swap to Emerald Whelpling and cast the first Shield (Emerald Presence) while a cocoon turn of the moth is wasted. From there its basically keeping the shield up and healing when half health. The emerald whelpling can also do some damage on the final spirit pet, making it easier for the Zeppelin to finish it off. Thunderbolt for the Zeppelin will help for final pet.

----
That is it for my first day doing all of the Pandaren tamer dailies since the patch. I am eager to see any recommendations to make some fights easier (particularly Wastewalker Shu, Mo'ruk, and Courageous Yon.) Even if you don't use the same pets I wish people to find some good ways to get explode xp on all of the dailies to make the leveling grind a bit more bearable.

Also the Darkmoon Zeppelin may not be necessary if you have a rare Minfernal or a Baneling, but it may be the most accessible way for people to use Explode.
90 Night Elf Druid
For anyone curious, the most common set up for my pet skills were.

Rabbit (Flurry, Dodge Burrow)
Disgusting Oozeling (Absorb, Corrosion, Acidic Goo)
Toothy (Rip, Surge, Blood in the Water)
Dark Whelpling (Tail Sweep, Call Darkness, Lift-Off)
Chrominius (Bite, Howl, Surge of Power)
Emerald Whelpling (Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream)
Rapana Whelk (Absorb, Shell Shield, Dive)
Darkmoon Zeppelin (Either Missile or Thunderbolt, Decoy, Explode)

And please be aware that these set ups may not work every time, but they have been done at least once, and for the most part wasn't completely RNG luck (ignoring Wastewalker Shu)

Remember to wear your hat!
Edited by Pvr on 12/13/2012 3:02 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Thank you so much for this guide! Its really helped me out a bunch :)
Edited by Chizuki on 8/17/2013 5:42 AM PDT
76 Human Priest
Can't wait to test this out :)
90 Goblin Shaman
Just gonna drop this here as a second option :)
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2092
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]