Soloing Gurtogg Bloodboil as a Monk?

90 Pandaren Monk
Hello!

I decided to go try to solo some old content last night and went into BT. I was able to get Naj'entus, Supremus, Shade, Teron, and Reliquary down, but I got completely brick-walled by Bloodboil.

I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions that would help with that fight? As Windwalker, I couldn't burn him fast enough before the damage got to be too overwhelming to heal through with Spheres and Expel Harm. I tried Mistweaver, which was obviously slower but I was able to stay alive longer. Eventually the stacking DoT with the armor reduction started to out-pace the healing, and then he'd hit me with the confusion thing he does and I'd get stomped.

Would trying Brewmaster possibly be better for that fight (not that I have any gear for that spec, really)?

Also: I wish we could use 2h maces. Got the Eye of Sulfuras last night :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Maybe ur gear a lil low.. But i blast through him very easy

Keep using chi wave.. Healing ur self.. Pop ur lil white tiger n should be super easy.... The only fight that makes me pay attention is council

U have to really kite the pally n burn him down

Illidan flame guys will f u up also a lil.. I do him as brm
Edited by Recwu on 12/13/2012 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I did Bloodboil as WW just fine at the ~470 ilvl. Run a !@#$load of dungeons then head back to BT.

Also, Brewmaster gear and Windwalker gear are the same, so you could also just go BM with that gear and outlast everything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely give it another shot after I've bumped up the gear.

I thought that Reliquary was going to be the real challenge out of the first 6 bosses, but once I stopped blowing myself up on Essence of Desire (Touch of Death is funny), that fight was rather trivial.

I can't really wrap my head around how Council or Illidan are going to work yet, but I'm looking forward to trying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Just keep your health topped off. Otherwise, Bloodboil is easy.

Council is easy. Kite the paladin around while you kill him. As long as you stay out the of their AOE you can burn them faster than they can burn you. Since they are health linked you only have to kill one. I suggest the paladin because he is the only one that will follow you around. The casters stay in one spot and nuke.

Illidan can be hard, but only when he summons the two fire elementals. They do a LOT of damage. Best to be Brewmaster for that. I die every time I try to do that as WW. BM simply has more survival to get through that phase. If you absolutely must do it as WW, save touch of karma for the elementals, as well as Xuen. When they spawn, burn everything and do your best to stay out of the bad. If you get past the elementals, Illidan himself is rather gimp.

Edit: If all you are using is healing spheres and expel harm you should take the Chi Wave talent. It is hands down the best skill for soloing.
Edited by Lightning on 12/13/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just keep your health topped off. Otherwise, Bloodboil is easy.

Council is easy. Kite the paladin around while you kill him. As long as you stay out the of their AOE you can burn them faster than they can burn you. Since they are health linked you only have to kill one. I suggest the paladin because he is the only one that will follow you around. The casters stay in one spot and nuke.

I guess that it's not feasible or necessary to worry about the heals being thrown out by the healer council member then? So just kite the paladin while beating on him, keep health up, and don't stand in bad things?

I think I can handle that.

Edit: If all you are using is healing spheres and expel harm you should take the Chi Wave talent. It is hands down the best skill for soloing.

Picking up Chi Wave is one change I definitely wanted to make after my soloing experiences last night. My talents and glyphs are kind of a mess at the moment. I came back to the game a month ago to try out a monk after having not played WoW since just before the end of Wrath, so I was kind of blindly throwing darts at talents while leveling. Now that I understand the class better, I'll be tightening that up a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
12/13/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Detain
I guess that it's not feasible or necessary to worry about the heals being thrown out by the healer council member then? So just kite the paladin while beating on him, keep health up, and don't stand in bad things?

You could try to interrupt her, but you'll have to get in and out fast, because you will die if you stay in the AOE. Best bet there would be to set her as focus target, make sure your focus name plates are enabled and then roll in to interrupt if you see her casting. Think it has a longish cast time.

It's not a hard fight as long as you focus on survival. Just a long one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]