[H] Fixing this dead server

90 Goblin Priest
Crushridge used to be hopping, a perfect medium/large server. We are now in the bottom third of servers, with regard to population.

There are still plenty of players out there, but what has happened is that all the existing guilds lost a percentage of their player-base, leaving a whole bunch of half-empty guilds that struggle to fill raids.

-- insert compulsory "my guild doesn't have trouble filling, you're just terrible" troll now --

What we need to do is consolidate some smaller guilds into larger guilds. Take 2-4 smaller guilds (that used to be big, but now have attendance issues) and smush them together.

The problem with this is that leadership of each of the existing guilds don't want to give up their babies. "We will merge, as long as we can retain control and they do things our way". But the sad alternative to this is that you've got a whole bunch of zombie guilds that don't really do much content.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Edited by Lovehandles on 12/13/2012 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Well, I don't think that'll fix the problem really. You'll find some people are enjoying being in smaller guilds. Not only that, but having a few big guilds doesn't necessarily mean any extra activity on the server. It just means a lot of dead weights lying around various guilds. And that's really just a way for a server to go nowhere fast.

If you really want Crushridge to get some numbers up, we need to have some notable achievements to put us on the map and get us noticed. First off, our raiding progression needs to improve considerably. At the moment, we're pitiful. I don't know about other guilds, but for us it's a constant issue of finding 20 people that will continually show up and buckle the F down and get stuff done.

And Humble are good, but they can't carry a whole server. We need to have a few guilds in heroic content. Once the PVE progression is up and the server is talked about more, and our server tag starts to appear in a lot of places, PVP will fall into place again too.

The only things I can think of to get that happening is to get the 'good' lurkers out of the shadows and get them raiding again. Also, for those looking for guilds to get off their !@# and look harder. There's plenty of resources there. Not just trade. Look at wowprogress, wowhead etc. As for guilds that have a lot of standbys, talk to other guilds and see if you can arrange for standbys to be pugs in allied guilds. Arrange a player exchange of sorts.

Problem is, no matter what you do, first thing you're going to get is posters like your first response. And that's one thing this server's notorious for. And those individuals' solutions usually revolve around server transferring elsewhere (usually Illidan or someplace else with a massive $%^ login queue). Which I'm personally not willing to do or to put my guild through.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Creating larger guilds doesn't do anything if the quality of player is still low.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There are about 20-30 good players on this server.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
crushridge is fine l2p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/13/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Megarises
RIP Crushridge

^
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warrior
RIP Crushridge
Thought everyone got the memo about leaving the server? Well i guess the few that stayed will at least keep it above warsong on wow progress
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/14/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Calyce
And Humble are good, but they can't carry a whole server.

wat
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was away from crushridge for while, last being on this server towards the end of cata, and while even then it wasn't exactly "hopping" it was still relatively busy and better than what it is now.

Well, I got tired of playing on the PvE server with some friends and wanted to come back home to Crushridge so I rolled this toon. Wow, I was in for a surprise. I'm honestly wondering what happened between 4.3 and now?

Most of the guilds I remember are gone, everyone I used to know is gone and there's no PvP to be found. Used to be sitting in stormwind and I'd constantly LF 2s, LF RBGs, LFM For The Alliance! and the same thing was happening horde side (albeit not as much).

I sit in SW now and what do I see? A couple guilds I've never heard of before looking for people for raiding and not much else.
I'd be happy if someone could fill me in on what happened. Where did all of the PvPers go?

The Eighth Legion?
When in doubt AFK out?
Doesn't afraid of anything?
Love and Peace?

Where did you guys go? :(
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Love and Peace is still around and playing. More focused on PVE than PVP now is all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/19/2012 12:52 AMPosted by Pitpit
And Humble are good, but they can't carry a whole server.

wat

Well I'm behind on the times clearly... When did you lot start kicking !@# and taking names?
Reply Quote
22 Goblin Warlock

wat

Well I'm behind on the times clearly... When did you lot start kicking !@# and taking names?

When they went 10man (Not sure if by choice, or holidays).
Edited by Viòlated on 12/20/2012 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Just as the title says, the server is dead, Alliance side especially. There's just not enough players to fill a 25man every night. Hopefully in the new year things will be back to normal.

10 mans are easy
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Megarises
There are about 20-30 good players on this server.

this is hilarious, I'd say 10 tops.

You rang?

Also - RIP Crushridge I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Gear check fights you out gear are easier. More at 11.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]