Shadow PVE Damage (Stealth Nerfed)

I am running MV right now and I feel my damage has been nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
In what way?

Comparing two kills, one from fifteen minutes ago and one from last week, the numbers seem to be similar for each ability.
Edited by Nixxe on 12/11/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone else seeing anything?
Reply Quote
I normally do 70k DPS on Stone's right now im doing 46k with my best efforts
Reply Quote
Actually it was me :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow single target dps is unacceptable. Period.

It's not like we haven't been complaining about it since the release of MOP yet the people at Blizzard who happily take our $15/mo have done nothing to enhance the game play experience for Shadow priests by way of balancing stats & weights so that we can NOT be at the bottom of every dps meter known to WoW. We are doing an average of 20k less than our peers of equal gear range and not only that, we are the only class who can be geared for heroics but unable to reach our basic caps.

There is absolutely NO reason why I should be guilted by my raid leaders to pull higher than 62k when my toon is incapable of doing better, meanwhile, everyone else is pulling 80k to 90k.

Over the last several weeks I have gone crazy mad experimenting with stats, gems, gear and reforges. The fact is there is no magic stat mix or fix for S.priests as they stand now. A 2k adjustment here and there does not come close to the game experience I expect.

...and Nixxe, while I appreciate your due diligence in attempting to help the droves of priests who come here to vent, to fact find, to do the math, to figure out why we are such an underperformed class, even your dps is not as high as it should be with the stats and gear you currently display.

Logging off. Not even re-rolling.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
12/11/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Kirstenraye
we are the only class who can be geared for heroics but unable to reach our basic caps.

Elegon trinket says hi.

Edit: Also Nixxe, why so much haste?
Edited by Boojí on 12/11/2012 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Well. To the OP, I'm sure you figured it out, but the only way to dip that far on guards is too be nuking the target with the damage reduction buff for most of the fight.

To Kirsten: I agree that we could use a slight single target buff, but you and other posters seem to think we are abyssmal and I just don't agree. We are quite dominant on anything with more than one target, and solid single target. Are we top dps? No, we're not unless the circumstances are right. But we're competitive and thats all I care about. There are fights where I'm first, fights where I'm top 3, and certain fights where I wish I could heal instead lol (wind lord is the only fight in current content that I really feel we are at a disadvantage, and thats mostly because we're forced to use gcds on cc and mass dispell). Saying your toon is incapable of doing any more dps than 64k is also subjective. You're simming out in the low 80s on patchwerk style fight and mid 70s on a helterskelter fight. I would take a buff if they gave us one, but I'm happy with where we are at. I sometimes raid with another shadow priest who is in similiar gear and my dps is usually 20-25K higher. Thats a learn to play issue not a we need a buff issue. I'm not the best priest in the world by any means, but if you play your class well and have an appropriate amount of gear you will see good results.

To above poster: I'm just guessing, but I think simcraft is pry telling Nixxe that haste is still their best stat. I'm still getting haste represented at a much higher value than crit or mastery even after 8085. So maybe thats it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Rex
solid single target.

you must raid with horrific warlocks. a comparably geared warlock can easily do 20% more than a spriest in a pure single target fight.

you're right in that if a priest isn't doing things like holding DP's or shadowfiend for int procs, or not spamming SWP on movement they will do even worse dps, but the only way a good spriest can beat a good warlock at single target is if the warlock (and half the raid) dies as soon as the boss hits 20.0001% health.

also, haste is still our best secondary after 8085. he just happens to have several pieces of gear with native haste, and yellow gem slots. it's just loot luck.
Edited by Snaxattax on 12/12/2012 9:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Don't let the door, you know...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
...and Nixxe, while I appreciate your due diligence in attempting to help the droves of priests who come here to vent, to fact find, to do the math, to figure out why we are such an underperformed class, even your dps is not as high as it should be with the stats and gear you currently display.

Not sure if you mean because I play Shadow or because I suck, but either way I fail to see how it's relevant to a thread about "stealth nerfs".

12/12/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Syn
To above poster: I'm just guessing, but I think simcraft is pry telling Nixxe that haste is still their best stat. I'm still getting haste represented at a much higher value than crit or mastery even after 8085. So maybe thats it.

In general it actually shows crit a little ahead for me, even on 2 target fights, but if I drop down to just above the breakpoint it heavily favors haste. Having not really had the time to thoroughly figure out where I should reforge to, I've just erred on the side of haste.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
I too thought I was a little behind last weeks clears, however I am going to chock that up to a) not having my lightweave embroidery on and b) running with inner will for half the run intstead of inner fire because I was healing earlier and derped.

With that said I did pull slightly less on Elegon than I normally do, about 6k, but that is well within the realm of RNG and I may have been slightly off.

All in all, if you are pulling significantly lower damage this week, it's probably an aberration. Hit the training dummies and get back on track and you should be fine.

I checked raidbots for this week and while the aggregate trend is a slight dps loss for spriests, it is nowhere near what you experienced, I noted a less than 3% drop across the board, and given the small sample size, this is probably meaningless.

But don't get me wrong, I'd like to get a slight buff to our single target, or better yet, just have the ability to start a fight with a 3 orb DP and not have to pray for early procs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
There is absolutely NO reason why I should be guilted by my raid leaders to pull higher than 62k when my toon is incapable of doing better, meanwhile, everyone else is pulling 80k to 90k.

Since you want to call good players out

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kel'thuzad/kirstenraye/

These are your results in normal modes when compared to other shadow priests. Fact of the matter is, your raid leaders are guilting you because you are not playing well. Period.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I feel like I'm just reiterating what Methuzia said: Shadow needs a buff, however there hasn't been a stealth nerf to the spec this week nor have I seen any noticeable gains or drop offs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Stealth Nerfs are a myth. The idea that somehow Blizzard would want hide a change to a class or a spec for some nefarious or malicious intent is utterly absurd - we aren't talking about EA here after all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/11/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Kirstenraye

PEBCAK.

Just glanced through your logs, and your DoT uptime is really awful. I'm not surprised your raid leaders are "guilting" you. You're blaming the class for what is obviously a skill issue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/14/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Taheraliel
Stealth Nerfs are a myth. The idea that somehow Blizzard would want hide a change to a class or a spec for some nefarious or malicious intent is utterly absurd - we aren't talking about EA here after all.

Stealth nerfs definitely exist. There's no requirement of malicious intent, just any undocumented nerf. They definitely happen, though Blizzard usually acknowledges them later.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/12/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Nixxe

Not sure if you mean because I play Shadow or because I suck, but either way I fail to see how it's relevant to a thread about "stealth nerfs".

12/12/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Syn

In general it actually shows crit a little ahead for me, even on 2 target fights, but if I drop down to just above the breakpoint it heavily favors haste. Having not really had the time to thoroughly figure out where I should reforge to, I've just erred on the side of haste.

Nixxe it was not at all meant to be an insult. You play shadow was my point. I would never tell another player they suck or even attempt to undermine their integrity otherwise. I leave that to those with less intellect gems :)~
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I can only play what is available. If everything is already dotted I flay. I'm well aware my dps is well below par. Do you think I'm on this forum and reading this site, that site, every other site, playing with stats and working my butt off trying to figure out a solution (and venting my frustrations in the process) because I WANT to under perform?

Your post (and many others like them) are the exact reason why many people won't post here. Rather than using negative suggestions to describe someone who is having a rough time, why not use positive suggestions to describe things they can be doing better?

...and you can't say someone is a bad player based on a dps graph. There are so many variables that are coming into play; stat imbalance being one of them.

My post was is agreement with OP and I added a vent of my own in conjunction.
Edited by Kirstenraye on 12/14/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]