DK tank stats

90 Orc Death Knight
on mr. robot i selected the hit/expertise build for the control and its having me change all of my gems for stamina gems and my mastery goes down by 23.29% and health goes up a little over 40k but i thought mastery was our best stat? so idk if it sounds right but everyone i talk to says mr. robot is a great tool to use... if anyone could please help i would appreciate it, thank you
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nobody here says AskMrRobot is a great tool. It's kinda useful if you know how to use it properly, but it also tends to steer a lot of people wrong.

I think you can set stat weights manually though? Turn down stamina and you should be fine.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/11/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Atim
on mr. robot i selected the hit/expertise build for the control and its having me change all of my gems for stamina gems and my mastery goes down by 23.29% and health goes up a little over 40k but i thought mastery was our best stat? so idk if it sounds right but everyone i talk to says mr. robot is a great tool to use... if anyone could please help i would appreciate it, thank you

Mr Robot is a great tool to use because of its ability to take your own direction, and calculate a path. Back when I first found it in cata i made the mistake of using it for guidance for gear/spec/stat weights. The guys who operate that site probably dont have adequate staff to stay up to date with the most powerful and popular builds.
I recommend you go to Noxxic for stat weights, and then program them into mr robot if you like using that. Me personally I havent been to the site since it told me Ranseur of Hatred was my BiS for blood tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Noxxic is worse than AskMrRobot :(
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Nobody here says AskMrRobot is a great tool. It's kinda useful if you know how to use it properly, but it also tends to steer a lot of people wrong.

I think you can set stat weights manually though? Turn down stamina and you should be fine.

Ask Mr. Robot Can be very useful. It does have its issues though. Right now the DK Hit/Exp build does not seem to be where it should be. There are a couple of ways to fix it.

• Switch to the mastery build. We don't actually need Hit/Exp so switching to mastery will up your survivability.
  • Reduce the value of stamina by editing the weights. This works but it will change the value of all your gear and might have some unintended consequences beyond gems.
  • Put in a cap for stamina. On the stats weight page you can put in a cap for how much stamina you want. AMR will then try to get you that much and won't attempt to gem for any more than that. Just figure out about how much stam you want and put that in. (If you want to stick with Hit/Exp this is what I would suggest you do)
Edited by Taldorius on 12/12/2012 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If you want to use the hit / expertise to 7.5% build then I would suggest trying out

the talent Blood Tap talent with it.

Each damaging Death Coil, Frost Strike, or Rune Strike generates 2 Blood Charges, up to a maximum of 12 charges. Blood Tap consumes 5 Blood Charges to activate a random fully-depleted rune as a Death Rune.

It does require a bit of micromanaging but I find that it works well with "capping" hit & expertise as a gearing strategy because

Scent of Blood
Your successful main-hand autoattacks have a chance to increase the healing and minimum healing done by your next Death Strike within 20 sec by 20%, and to generate 10 Runic Power. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

procs more often and gives you a extra resources for Rune Strikes which allow you to use Blood tap more often.

Play it right and you can execute Death Strikes in a short window of time to build up a sizable blood shield when you are about to take a heavy melee hit.

Even if you are losing out on mastery secondary stats to cap hit & expertise you can make up for it by not gemming pure stamina and gemming mastery/stam and mastery whenever possible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I haven't used Ask Mr. Robot for tanking it. When I tried it on my healers, it would not obey stat priorities I set or respect caps. Plus, any time you add any piece of gear, it would attempt to have you reforge every piece. I find http://chardev.org/ more useful for sorting out gear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Something must have changed with the weights because i saw the same thing. I just edited the weights to make stam lower.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Reforging tools are only as good as the person using them.

(Which is why ReforgeLite is a good thing, it has no pre-packaged stat weights)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Eyuwang
Noxxic is worse than AskMrRobot :(

What do you use then?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]