~~~> Re-do Void Shift? >.>

(Locked)

90 Gnome Priest
I've seen it cause soo many wipes and I even feel terrible when I use it on a team mate who dies innocently for my own benefit. Mostly see DPS players use it on tanks to troll :/

I wish this spell did something else like perhaps be an all purpose instant targeted 10 second ability reflector on a 5 minute cooldown so we could at least use it in arenas or something. Kinda like Hunter's Deterrence but with a twist of some sort, like "shifting" all heals from the target to to their allies nearby.

It was useful when we could use it on the psyfiend, but now I don't know what good it is, other than healers using it to sacrifice a DPS to keep themselves alive during a fight. Still useful but really meh for an 87 :/

Educate me or post your own ideas for a re-do here. thanks :)
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just like Lifegrip, Voidshift is the priests way of saying eff u to everyone else out there who has ever annoyed us or 'accidentally' gotten us killed. Heck I recall using lifegrip and levitate to kill so many people...

~Grumpy Cat
90 Gnome Priest
Void shift is an amazing emergency cooldown. In our raids it is used frequently to save lives. Just like leap of faith in cataclysm, people need to learn how to use it correctly.

Void shift is used to save someones life other than your own in pve more often than you're own. Mostly used to get a tank to full hp when they are extremely low. This puts you at low life, but if you use a healthstone or desperate prayer immediately after the switch, then your hp will be back up to a good amount. This kind of health management can be quite fun, and saves people's lives a lot.

There have been cases where our shadow priests use void shift to save their own life though as well, but I never seem to have to do that for my own benefit as a healer.
90 Gnome Priest
Hmm sounds good combined with desperate prayer, many thanks for the tips :-)
90 Blood Elf Priest
I want void shift to be a tank cooldown, but I've never successfully used it as one in a raid setting. It was pretty nice in 5mans though where I could basically AFK till the tank got low, voidshiftt+DP, and then AFK some more.

Speaking of lifegrip, just used it tonight on H garalon when the idiot new guy after me wouldn't get in position to take my pheromones, so nice to actually use that spell effectively for once.
90 Troll Priest
12/11/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Weegnome
I've seen it cause soo many wipes

Stopped reading there...
90 Troll Priest
I love me some void shift. I've saved many a wipe with it. Example?

Lastnight, Sha of Fear. Healer died on the add platform, so myself, melee DPS and the tank came back over to DPS Sha and the shield adds. No healer. Gained DPS time by not spamming heals on the tank, waited til he got to around 25% and cast Void Shift. Tank saved.

<3 utility
90 Human Priest
I love casting void shift on scrub teammates in BG's when I'm dying. Won't peel for me? Void Shift :D
Edited by Flaxxen on 12/12/2012 7:20 AM PST
90 Human Priest
I love casting void shift on scrub teammates in BG's when I'm dying. Won't peel for me? Void Shift :D

This
90 Draenei Priest
Tank about to die? Void shift them then use healthstone and desperate prayer without even wasting a GCD.
Edited by Vitalius on 12/12/2012 2:18 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
I just wish they'd fix it where if you void shift someone the same global that they die, the person still dies and your hp gets taken anyways
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'd say put a targeting restriction that the target must have less life (percentage-wise) than the Priest and then reduce the cooldown sharply.

Of course, I'd change Leap of Faith to simply switch the two player's positions and reduce the cooldown on that as well (so the Priest would jump to the target, the target would jump to the Priest).
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like Void Shift, and the only reason I'd like to see it changed slightly is so that we could use it more often. Something along the lines of:

Void Shift - 3 min cooldown
Redistributes the health between you and your target so that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health.

The spell still remains an emergency cooldown, can be used 50% more often, and doesn't put you or your target in severe danger like the current VShift does. Overall, my version would give you and your target 50% of their maximum health.
100 Orc Warlock
Priest saying void shift is useless in Arena. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
100 Troll Priest
wait you mean it can be used for things besides harassing friendly targets?
90 Pandaren Shaman
Okay, Blizz, are you stupid or what? You allow Spriests to use Void Shift in arenas, that's pretty much a lay on hands effect if the partner is at full. I just got out of a 2s game against a frost mage and spriest, the spriest was down to about 5%, used void shift, and him and his partner were both at full HP. If this is the case, just allow everyone to cast instant 100% heals in arenas. No problemo.
90 Troll Priest
I don't believe you.
90 Human Priest
Okay, Blizz, are you stupid or what? You allow Spriests to use Void Shift in arenas, that's pretty much a lay on hands effect if the partner is at full. I just got out of a 2s game against a frost mage and spriest, the spriest was down to about 5%, used void shift, and him and his partner were both at full HP. If this is the case, just allow everyone to cast instant 100% heals in arenas. No problemo.

No, his partner wasn't. He was at 25%. Learn to switch targets.
90 Blood Elf Warlock

The mage alter timed before the void shift and then alter timed again to get back at 100%. It's hard to counter and very effective in 2s.
90 Blood Elf Priest
The current void shift is fine in pvp and pve. If someone dies because you used it, you were either positioned badly or you weren't paying attention to mechanics like you should have been.

It's fine, leave it alone.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]