-30% Healing Debuff:

Will us be even viable with this?

With the -15% one, buff to weapons and all, heavy DPS comps were already showing up, and now with a -30% one, i do not really know what will be the future of healing in PvP...

Druids take it a little harder since we need our HoT's ticking on outselfs to resist the change of target from enemy team in arena.

With the Shaman nerf, probably Paladins will be the most viable healer, since bubble still is immunity and will save they from pressure. And thats if they are even viable.

And the worst part... world pvp.
There we lack Pillars, and we need to use the scenario to our advantage.
With a 0% healing debuff, i could stand alive with only 1 dps attacking me, enough for me to run away to a city, or if they are poorly geared use HoTW to kill them.

Right now with -30% healing, i think world pvp will be a complete nightmare to healers.
We are already the worst role to play outside in the world, and with this we will be barely unplayable, i fear.

I fail to understand why they are doing this, i found pvp very fun. I like my arena matches to extend alittle, to take some time, to take skill, and not be a "use all CD's and blow that guy" kind of fight, where the first one to leave a pillar is dead.

I'd like to remember that with blood fear, it makes healers VERY squishy, since 1 blood fear out of pillar, plus target change to you, will probably be impossible to recover from, outside of paladin bubble. (And even then it will probably be hard for them, because paladins without bubble cd are very vulnerable...)

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
with ms im getting 50k regrowth crits

plus horde guards have a stacking ms..

which puts my regrowth crits at 30k

now take another 15% off that 30k..
Reply Quote
Its not a -15%... its more then that.

100% heal
-15% Debuff = 85% heal, it was a -15% of what we had.

85% Heal = what we have now
-15% Debuff = 70%/85% = 82,35% of what we have with only 15% debuff.

So its a 17.65% nerf in fact.
We lost almost 18% of our healing, op top of a 15% debuff, for a total 30% less healing then the start of expansion.

With a MS i fear that it will be impossible to even try to heal yourself enough to counter their damage. Even more with those weapon PvPP buffs, and ilvl upgreads that favores damage over defense since you need 1500 Conquest to gain alot of damage, but over 20k to improve your resilience accordingly
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Healing is useless now. Blizz wants everyone to be damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Twlsta
Healing is useless now. Blizz wants everyone to be damage.

I gave up disc because shadow, even with the hybrid heals nerf, is STILL more useful than holy or disc.

at least in pvp.
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/12/2012 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
We should have seen it coming, honestly. Blizzard is a company, and what they care about is maximizing profits. End of story. So if the majority of their players want something, they'll get it.

The majority of pvpers are damage dealers. So if damage dealers are complaining that it's too hard to kill a healer, blizzard is going to keep nerfing healers until the majority is happy. They can only keep one camp happy, and they're going to pick the group of players that represents the most revenue, ten times out of ten.

The longer we fight it, the harder the nerfs are going to keep getting.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Priest
So this makes Disc even more useless? Since we're already at the bottom and struggling?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We should have seen it coming, honestly. Blizzard is a company, and what they care about is maximizing profits. End of story. So if the majority of their players want something, they'll get it.

The majority of pvpers are damage dealers. So if damage dealers are complaining that it's too hard to kill a healer, blizzard is going to keep nerfing healers until the majority is happy. They can only keep one camp happy, and they're going to pick the group of players that represents the most revenue, ten times out of ten.

The longer we fight it, the harder the nerfs are going to keep getting.

Many people heal, and this is the first time theyve ever done it this bad...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Sàtàn
Will us be even viable with this?

Okay, what's going on?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just won't PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Tiriél
I just won't PvP.

I haven't PvPed on this priest seriously this whole expansion because how much of a failure Blizzard has been in regards to Priests.

Talk about an embarrassment.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
One can only pray these healing nerfs start affecting lower level BG's.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Tiriél
I just won't PvP.

Basically seems what a lot of people are doing. Which is funny since the same people complaining that they can't kill a healer (omfgccsohard!!11one) are the same people complaining that their faction has no healers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
Its not a -15%... its more then that.

100% heal
-15% Debuff = 85% heal, it was a -15% of what we had.

85% Heal = what we have now
-15% Debuff = 70%/85% = 82,35% of what we have with only 15% debuff.

So its a 17.65% nerf in fact.

That only works if you have two separate debuffs that stack multiplicatively. When a debuff's value is simply increased, it isn't the same as getting a multiplicative nerf.

As such, you're only nerfed a total of 30%, not the 32.65% you think you are.

1*0.85*0.85 is NOT equal to 1*[(1-0.15)-0.15]
Don't spread the wrong information.

/e formatting numbers is hard.
Edited by Moret on 12/12/2012 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Veroicone
I just won't PvP.

Basically seems what a lot of people are doing. Which is funny since the same people complaining that they can't kill a healer (omfgccsohard!!11one) are the same people complaining that their faction has no healers.

It fills my heart with gladness to see idiots whine, personally. I'll feed on their tears as I traipse merrily through raid content instead of bothering with BGs or Arenas. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Tiriél

It fills my heart with gladness to see idiots whine, personally. I'll feed on their tears as I traipse merrily through raid content instead of bothering with BGs or Arenas. :)

Me too :) I also enjoy greatly pissing them off in bgs. Especially when they do things like /bye but yet I'm still alive ... so naturally I have to /lol and /no and /dance.
Reply Quote
Can somebody please link patch notes or otherwise for this? I'd like a concrete URL to include when I cancel.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Noxella
Can somebody please link patch notes or otherwise for this? I'd like a concrete URL to include when I cancel.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922045

"The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%)."
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue

It fills my heart with gladness to see idiots whine, personally.

Mocking people for whining seems kind of silly given the context of this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

It fills my heart with gladness to see idiots whine, personally.

Mocking people for whining seems kind of silly given the context of this thread.

Most of the people who know me will tell you that I am proudly silly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]