Fists of Fury, a Worthless Ability WindWalker

68 Blood Elf Priest
one more thing i said i would get around to posting the math so have some patience (for all of you who say i have nothing to back up my claims)
Reply Quote
68 Blood Elf Priest
i was talking about the skills granted in the specialization window there are three abilities you already had by lvl 5 then one extra skill FoF. the other specs have 3-4 new granted abilities from their spec.
Reply Quote
68 Blood Elf Priest
Xinxou the only reason my one comment overshadowed the rest is because YOU chose to focus on it rather than the rest (man can't a guy just rage a bit). same with all the rest of you, cept those of you who posted responses such as how to set up for FoF. jujukazoo's comment was also just his opinion and thats fine.....eh you know what im done with this go pvp (pve sucks) and see for yourself monks are bad. and I dont mean roll into a BG and pick out the most scrub geared ally you can find. go and fight some equally geared classes and watch monks get rocked.
Reply Quote
68 Blood Elf Priest
and stop taking these forums so seriously i mean really guys? flame a guy just for saying he doesn't like FoF or how blizzard screws up their games (opinion) get a life.....
Reply Quote
68 Blood Elf Priest
and my can't fix stupid comment was also not in reference to myself but of course you knew that, but props on the comeback there, keep them kinda comments up and all your junior high buddies might start to think your cool.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
12/12/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Imavina
go and fight some equally geared classes and watch monks get rocked.

I fought a PvP decked out DK(with that 10k PvP power trinket) with my current gear and nearly beat him(he had 4% left). I believe that if I had equal PvP gear I would have eaten him alive. Monks may not be top of the line OP fotm as of now, but they are not at the bottom of the totem pole. That position goes to rogues. So really, you do need to L2P some more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Imavina
FoF is horrible, just my opinion but Im gonna say it all the same, cuz it really needs to be said at this point. FoF is an attack granted by windwalker specialization the ONLY extra ability you get from that specialization DPS monks rely on spamming their abilities and auto attacks, so actually using FoF reduces the effectiveness of monks in pve as channeling FoF will cause a severe dps reduction (don't believe me check it out for yourself I'll get some math to back my claim up here later) when compared to a normal rotation (i.e. on without FoF) not to mention while channeling it mastery becomes worthless for windwalker monks as you cannot proc windwalker mastery without auto attacks. In PvP.....well good luck hitting someone with it (unless they are nice and stand still for you) and good luck keeping it going if you do. The glyph talk about laughable 100% parry while channeling? honestly a melee dps class that Channels....who the hell thought that one up?!?!? Seriously Blizzard first aliens(draenai), then the atrocity you turned a great game like Diablo into (see diablo 3 for details on the suckfest) then panda's and monk class (kung fu panda rip off) and then to top it all off you turned what could have been a really cool class kit into the most counter-intuitive, fluff filled, PoS class kit that you've ever made. i mean what kind of game developers do you have working for you?!?!? sigh why am I even wasting my time sorry guys i'm gonna post it but really there's no point in trying to tell blizzard anything, you just can't fix stupid.

First of all, my FoF on my undergeared Monk [full dread, t1, enchanted and gemmed for full resilience] crits fully geared players for 45-50ks. The reason this skill is good is because you can use it as a cc filler while your other interrupting skills come off of cd. You'd be surprised by how much easier it is to kill a Warlock/Healer/Spriest when you can Blanket Silence [4s], FoF [rougly 4], Leg Sweep [4], and then Paralysis for the other 3 before your blanket is back up. If your partner and you have cds up for that time, you can probably ignore the Paralysis and follow up with a kick on any cast. You just killed a player who didn't have Bubble/Dispersion/Ice Block before they could do anything. Congratulations. That's PvP.

For PvE, you have to remember that Monk also works with Energy, not just Chi. You run out of Energy, if you've forgotten. FoF runs off of Chi, and crits for 90ks+ on non-player targets. by the time it's finished, you're 1/2way full of Energy again. you only lose like 1 autoattack while channeling, as your weapons have something like 2.44s/2.44s swing timer. FoF is like 3.79s on my Monk. Thats 1 set of white hits. See where you just went really wrong?

And as far as "Blizzard made this up to get sales," what? You think this ENTIRE game isn't about getting sales? Honestly. Just because they try to have fun with it doesn't mean that they aren't in business to make money.

You can't fix stupid.
Edited by Guerreiro on 12/12/2012 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Learn some history, google, or something before you make yourself look like a dumb @ss. Brewmaster existed as of July 2003. Kungfu Panda- holy crap, 2008 - Brewmaster is 5 years older. but, "you just can't fix stupid."

On avg it takes 3 years to make a pixar/dw film. not including storyboarding, character design, writing, etc etc etc..

So all in all that would put the conception of Po before Mop.

But then again, nothing is original anymore...is it?

Back to the OP.... wut O.o
Reply Quote
19 Goblin Shaman
12/13/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Verjeh

think he was referring to warcraft 3's brewmaster panda

well before WoW and kung fu panda :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Fof is a dps gain..... Your suppose to use it to be able to pool energy. It hits harder than blackout kick. Also its amazing at stunning adds when needed. It may need some work to it still but it is not a dps decrease.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Male Draenei

Is the most god awful looking class in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
/popcorn

This thread is hilarious, so many inaccuracies this is just too much!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
12/13/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Verjeh
Learn some history, google, or something before you make yourself look like a dumb @ss. Brewmaster existed as of July 2003. Kungfu Panda- holy crap, 2008 - Brewmaster is 5 years older. but, "you just can't fix stupid."

On avg it takes 3 years to make a pixar/dw film. not including storyboarding, character design, writing, etc etc etc..

But then again, nothing is original anymore...is it?

Back to the OP.... wut O.o

Takes Blizzard like 10 years to make a game, and Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne came out before Kungfu Panda was even in pre-production.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/13/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Monkology
Male Draenei

Is the most god awful looking class in the game.

Gurahaha! You sir are just envious of our facial appendages that tooootally are not face-tentacles and crazy space-goat horns.

On topic: I've been playing Brewmaster exclusively since level 10, and although I wouldn't trade the fun I've had for the world, I still feel pangs of jealousy every time I see a Windwalker decide to do their rendition of the "Gum Gum Gatling".

Also on topic: Looking at the skills granted by choosing your spec at level 10 I'd say Windwalker got the long stick. Brewmaster gets "Dizzying Haze", a "Death and Decay" that deals no damage and only supplies aggro to higher end mobs, while the Mistweaver gets "Soothing Mists", one of their bread and butter heals. All in all, I think I'd be happy to get a nice damage skill at 10.
Edited by Sunstreak on 12/13/2012 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
12/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Sunstreak
Gurahaha! You sir are just envious of our facial appendages that tooootally are not face-tentacles and crazy space-goat horns.

Trust me I'm not envious of your retarded posture. I enjoy my orc waddle...

: )
Edited by Monkology on 12/13/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizz is a company like any other. They gained more customer and its harder to to make all of them happy at the same time.

However I do disagree some times I'd much prefer old wow over new. They still have the best games out currently.

Also... before you go all out with bashing ideas, make sure you understand them

while channeling it mastery becomes worthless for windwalker monks as you cannot proc windwalker mastery without auto attacks

WW mastery procs from our Jabs not auto-attacks.

FoF is usually one of my top dps abilities at the end of a fight. If it's not, it's usually the fault of a bad tank that can't keep still. This is more of a problem with bad players not class mechanics.

Also, monks using swords and axe's.. Blizzard must give out free CRAZY PILLS!

If FoF is your top you obviously have no idea what your doing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Vox
In PVE many conditions have to be met for Fists of Fury to be good over not using it all. Things such as not moving, not capping energy and going deep into haste breakpoints all for a 2% increase in damage if you're able to do all of that. But the gamble is that you lose more than you gain if you don't factor it all of the above.
Reply Quote
49 Human Mage
It's decent at single target stuff. Single target it all depends on your crits. If your crit a few times with FoF, it can be a DPS increase, if you don't crit, it can be a DPS loss.

The bigger problem is FoF with more than 1 enemy in front of you. The damage is spread evenly (holy hell god only knows why they did this), so the more enemies you have, the more worthless the ability becomes.

So I agree, FoF definately needs work. I don't even use my tier pieces because the stats are junk (too much mastery), and reducing FoF by 5 seconds is just pointless since I rarely use it and it's such a RNG thing it can be better to save your chi for other abilities.

With that being said, it needs to be fixed and buffed enormously, especially for aoe situations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]