Good raid cd addon

55 Draenei Death Knight
So I'm starting lead a 25M raid in normals and keeping track of all the raid wide CDs we have available is becoming cumbersome for me always asking who's is up ect. Is there an addon for keeping track of these things. I've tired to use tellmewhen for it but seems more stress the. It's worth. Any tips will be great thanx
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'd advise delegating this.

Tanks work out their CDs together.
Healers work out their CDs together.

Something a raid leader should not be responsible for is micromanaging the abilities of 24 other players.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
1. Decide when each cooldown/set is best applied.
2. Set up an order (burst damage--who will be cooldowning each time; massive damage--what order cooldowns will be cycled continuously; brezzes--shouldn't need an order, should have more than enough, call in vent if necessary; dps cds--once per fight, max twice for the longer ones>save for hero)
3. Write down the order (spreadsheet)
4. If you wipe due to cds not going out, finger the person who failed. They won't fail twice, or they shouldn't be in the raid.

Tracking all of the different raid cds for a 25 would be such a nightmare that I'm not sure why you'd want to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Telepathy.

Downside to it is that everyone whose cd you want to be monitoring has to have it installed. So that's likely all the healers, all the tanks, and probably the dps warriors and anyone with a tranq.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Ty sellas I will check it out. To those saying that it shouldnt be one persons job I feel it should be I'm going to get use too it then teach my healing officer to do it then have him watch them. It will make mine and their jobs 1000x less omg who's got this one
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
Use Hermes. It takes a while to configure and get the hang of and you will need to often reset your UI to get it to update for everyone in the raid, but it works great in tracking any cooldown you could want (you can even add in ones that aren't in by default). Occasionally it fails to track someone when they use theirs, but generally it's awesome.

I do the healing/raid CDs and I have a DPSer do the DPS raid cooldowns (bloodlust/banners/totems). I leave CDs like Tranq/Hymn to be worked out among the healers themselves for when they think is appropriate.
Edited by Poena on 12/11/2012 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'd advise delegating this.

Tanks work out their CDs together.
Healers work out their CDs together.

Something a raid leader should not be responsible for is micromanaging the abilities of 24 other players.

It's good for the RL to know what's available when something unexpected happens.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

This is literally my most important job (imo) as our healing lead and I feel it can make a HUGE difference in overall performance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
When it comes to tanking cds, that's on the tanks, if they don't know when they need to use them, they're just bad and you should replace them.

Same with dps cds for the most part, if they don't know the fight well enough to know when to use their cds then they should learn after a couple pulls, if not then replace them.

Hero is one per fight, you shouldn't need to keep track of that.

The only thing you might need to keep track of is healing cds, but even then if your raid is in a position where you're going to wipe if someone doesn't happen to have one up then you're doing something wrong to begin with and should fix it. There's no big random raidwide damage that you'll need to react to, healing cds can all be pretty much planned out to the second over the course of a fight. I've never personally done ToES in a real raid yet, but from the videos I've seen the same still holds true in there.

You can tell your healers before the pull, "ok, when this happens the first time, we'll have Druidface and Restoballs tranq, when it happens the second time, Riptideonyourchin will healing totem and Discnoob will tranq." etc. Everything can be planned out beforehand, and you can kind of like remind people when they need to do their thing. You should never be in a position where you're scrambling to find a raid cd that's up to prevent a wipe. Unless of course your dps are all eye-!@#$ing their meters and all get hit by stuff, but that's another problem all together.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
oRA3 will track raid cds for you. It's featured in a some Blood Legion and Vodka videos. It's a set of bars and icons that appear when a raid cd has been used and will count down the cd remaining on it.

However, I would also suggest splitting cd tracking responsibility for the sake of simplicity. All the cds of a 25m raid being tracked by one person? Even if you are the raid leader, it can feel overwhelming. I would use this addon only as a guide; something you can glimpse at every now and then.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
You can tell your healers before the pull, "ok, when this happens the first time, we'll have Druidface and Restoballs tranq, when it happens the second time, Riptideonyourchin will healing totem and Discnoob will tranq." etc. Everything can be planned out beforehand, and you can kind of like remind people when they need to do their thing. You should never be in a position where you're scrambling to find a raid cd that's up to prevent a wipe. Unless of course your dps are all eye-!@#$ing their meters and all get hit by stuff, but that's another problem all together.

This.

I do this for all our fights that require raid CDs (IE Heroic Feng Arcane phase)
Reply Quote
99 Troll Rogue
You can tell your healers before the pull, "ok, when this happens the first time, we'll have Druidface and Restoballs tranq, when it happens the second time, Riptideonyourchin will healing totem and Discnoob will tranq." etc. Everything can be planned out beforehand, and you can kind of like remind people when they need to do their thing.

When a fight has lots of big bursts sure but there are plenty of fights where you aren't dealing with too many big bursts. Consider something like heroic amber shaper, there aren't really any big scary bursts in the fight assuming your aboms are playing correctly however the damage can get quite intense when a whole set of ambers respawn. If a whole group respawns at once or a moderate respawn happens with a scalpel the damage going out gets pretty intense. By contrast if the spawns are more staggered then the damage may not. Here you are going to need to cds reactively, you can try to plan it out before hand but that just doesn't fit the damage profile of the fight.
Reply Quote
all of this are available on curse

hermes-shows what you have and who has it and will grey it out of they arent in range and etc.

ORA3- shows how long you have till a pre selected cd comes off cd
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You can tell your healers before the pull, "ok, when this happens the first time, we'll have Druidface and Restoballs tranq, when it happens the second time, Riptideonyourchin will healing totem and Discnoob will tranq." etc. Everything can be planned out beforehand

Exactly. There is no way that you'll get better results by having some frame up that shows you who has healing cooldowns available, as opposed to having a set order. Most encounters have very little "surprise damage".
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
You can tell your healers before the pull, "ok, when this happens the first time, we'll have Druidface and Restoballs tranq, when it happens the second time, Riptideonyourchin will healing totem and Discnoob will tranq." etc. Everything can be planned out beforehand

Exactly. There is no way that you'll get better results by having some frame up that shows you who has healing cooldowns available, as opposed to having a set order. Most encounters have very little "surprise damage".

no but there are oh !@#$ moments
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest

no but there are oh !@#$ moments

I actually tell my Holy Priest/Resto Druid/Monk to use their heals when they feel is appropriate. The only thing I monitor is the offspec heals and raid CDs.

Honestly though, It really pisses me off that nearly every class has a better raid CD than me :/
Edited by Poena on 12/14/2012 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]