McSars storytime contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED

96 Human Warrior
CONTEST CLOSED, EVERYONE GO HOME.

I'm going to have a contest, sponsored by me, because I can.

Targeted participants are everyone in the main guilds I'm in - Blood of Lordaeron and Salvation - and anyone who is friends with me on RID/battletags as of now - and also my Pathfinder gaming pals. However, anyone can try for a prize if they really think they have the chops. I'll be judging based on my feels(see below).

To win this contest, you have to write a story about McSars. It can be any kind of story, from any perspective or any point in the timeline. Stories can be posted in this thread, or sent via email to mcsars@gmail.com (I will accept racy stories).

What are the prizes, you ask? The prizes are video games gifted via Steam. The better you place, the higher value the game.

First: $30

Second: $20

Third: $10

Canon Award: $20

Encouragement award: Some cheapass indie/ultra discounted game.

Story Parameters
There are no limits to how many characters the story can have. It can be in first or third person. McSars can be doing pretty much anything you like.

How do I win?
If you want to win, you will make me have feels. I need to have a feel of some kind or the story is just not going to do it for me. The feel can be any kind - sadness, sorrow, a sense of '!@#$ yeah' or even hilarity - yes, you can do a silly/funny story too.

Inspiration: Here are a bunch of stories about McSars to give you some help.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iVb5ZTumXOZnNwnIKAYI8wBgZBo8HVYRqDXwtM8G2P4/edit

What is the Canon Award?
The 'Canon Award' goes to the person who I decide writes a story that I think will be excellent canon for McSars. You get the $20 on top of any other prize you might have (so if you get 1st you could get a $50 game, for example). You also may get this award without winning any of the other prizes. Alternatively, no one may get this award. You must also agree to let me use this as part of McSars' canon.

What is the Encouragement award?
This is the one award that ANYONE could win. That's all I'll say about it.

DEADLINE/JUDGING: 25th December
Edited by Mcsars on 12/25/2012 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
96 Human Warrior
OK, I think that's all nice and sorted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
\o/

TIME TO START YET ANOTHER OUTLINE.
Reply Quote
96 Human Warrior
Just an unnecessary bump before bed. If anyone is wondering why I am doing this out of the blue it is for selfish reasons. Life sucks right now, and doing this is a good distraction. In addition, I think it is at the very least a good writing exercise, so I guess it's not entirely selfish.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
OH BOY. We can write anything about McSars? Annnnything?

I'm in.
Edited by Cythe on 12/12/2012 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Mcsars
Just an unnecessary bump before bed. If anyone is wondering why I am doing this out of the blue it is for selfish reasons. Life sucks right now, and doing this is a good distraction. In addition, I think it is at the very least a good writing exercise, so I guess it's not entirely selfish.

How convenient. I was just going to see if you minded me using your character in one of my stories.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I sincerely hope life looks up for you soon Mcsars. I have too much on my plate to participate but this is a great idea.
Reply Quote
96 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Blackmorn
How convenient. I was just going to see if you minded me using your character in one of my stories.

Not at all! But remember that for the purposes of this contest, the story in question has to be able to be considered "about McSars", something to keep in mind. Basically, if I read it and I can think "that was a story about McSars" then it is legit like the Light.

sincerely hope life looks up for you soon Mcsars. I have too much on my plate to participate but this is a great idea.

Thank you. Perhaps I'll run a similar contest in a few months, if this one goes well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can I write a story (serious story) in the form of a comic? or is this pure writing. :C I like prizes
Reply Quote
96 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Kelcyn
Can I write a story (serious story) in the form of a comic? or is this pure writing. :C I like prizes

I don't think it would be fair for either you or the others, so this time I'm going to have to say no. I'M SORRY MAN. But that's not a bad idea, so next time I'll definitely include it as a separate category.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/nudge
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
this is an awesome idea

(plz forward the racy stories to me)
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Shaman
12/12/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Lito
(plz forward the racy stories to me)

I can guarantee you that my submission will include hugging and staring deeply into the eyes of a quivering lover.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
quivering is always a good word in these sorts of things
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/12/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Lito
quivering is always a good word in these sorts of things

I am making note of every word Lito might like.

Then I am going to whisper them into her ear.

You'll be mine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
mcsars was born

mcsars killed people

mcsars did women

the end.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
OH BOY. We can write anything about McSars? Annnnything?

I'm in.

inb4 smut.
Reply Quote
McSars and his lover that happens to be (albeit unknown to him) a mentally addled bronze dragon, fighting through space and time to protect a younger...

...I've said too much.
Reply Quote
96 Human Warrior
this contest is legit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]