World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

85 Night Elf Druid
I've been playing a new character for the past few days and I've come to the conclusion that questing is completely useless.

Here's what questing gets you:
-Sub-optimal exp gains
-runs after runs after runs back to your corpse after being ganked by someone of the opposite faction
-Crappy gear that 15 minutes in an instance can replace.

no matter where you are, what level you are, or what zone you are in (except for friendly zones) you WILL be ganked by the enemy. Because of the new-ish cross-realm zones, there are many more players in each zone. Now this isn't so bad. Sure, there are less mobs to kill when there's alot of players, but there are also many lvl 90's who like to gank. Now I understand that I am playing on a PvP server and that's what happens, but being ganked every 2 minutes makes the game unplayable.

Now I know that Blizz won't change anything about this because they don't actually care about the game experience anymore, but its just something that's been pissing on me for the past few days. I no longer do quests, instead, I just wait in Stormwind for my dungeon que to be up and do the same instances over and over.
Edited by Pahnts on 12/12/2012 1:48 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
PvP happened on a PvP server
90 Human Paladin
World of....wait....wait for it....WARcraft.

Holy cow you got attacked on a pvp server in world of WARcraft? ALERT THE INTERNET!

My advice is to roll on a pve server before you get too invested in your new character, obviously you chose the wrong server type.
85 Night Elf Druid
A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
55 Night Elf Death Knight
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Pahnts

If the lvl 90 is a mob you're right. If the level 90 is a player, you're wrong.
90 Blood Elf Warlock

You still agreed to it when you joined a pvp server.
90 Night Elf Druid

If both of those are players then yes it is.
85 Tauren Druid

A level 90 and a level 30 are both players.

Ergo, it is a player versus another player, or PvP.

QED
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Renshaw
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've been playing a new character for the past few days and I've come to the conclusion that questing is completely useless.

Here's what questing gets you:
-Sub-optimal exp gains
-runs after runs after runs back to your corpse after being ganked by someone of the opposite faction
-Crappy gear that 15 minutes in an instance can replace.

no matter where you are, what level you are, or what zone you are in (except for friendly zones) you WILL be ganked by the enemy. Because of the new-ish cross-realm zones, there are many more players in each zone. Now this isn't so bad. Sure, there are less mobs to kill when there's alot of players, but there are also many lvl 90's who like to gank. Now I understand that I am playing on a PvP server and that's what happens, but being ganked every 2 minutes makes the game unplayable.

Now I know that Blizz won't change anything about this because they don't actually care about the game experience anymore, but its just something that's been pissing on me for the past few days. I no longer do quests, instead, I just wait in Stormwind for my dungeon que to be up and do the same instances over and over.

After 8 years, it is well known to anyone that cares to ... well, read, that PvP servers have no rules other than Red == Dead.

You'll have a far better experience if you just bite the bullet and move to a PvE server. You give up the "danger" feeling while out in the world for peace of mind of being able to enjoy your gaming session.

If you still want a PvP fix - well, the PvP that "counts" is in BGs/Arenas anyway and PvE servers still have them.
90 Human Paladin

You say this a lot in several of your post.

The problem is this didn't happen before CRZ were initiated.

You're right. The game was broken, world pvp was dead. Blizzard added CRZ and fixed this problem. Now world pvp is alive again on pvp servers.

Thank you blizzard for fixing a problem with the game.
Edited by Znsk on 12/12/2012 1:53 PM PST
12/12/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Izalia

You say this a lot in several of your post.

The problem is this didn't happen before CRZ were initiated. It is very annoying to get ganked every 5 minutes while questing. Yes it does happen. No we aren't going to just xfer off the server.

Yes ganking happened before CRZ but CERTAINLY not at the level it does now.

We were on pvp server before CRZ was implemented.

All I get from this is "Waaaaah".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]