World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

90 Worgen Death Knight
WHY ARE THESE THREADS EVERYWHERE

Ganking has been and will continue to be a part of WoW

Blizzard obviously doesn't want to make ganking impossible, so please god let the topic die.
Edited by Mauden on 12/13/2012 12:40 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Actually I think another thread had a good suggestion about this. Bring back Dishonorable Kills only they function this way now:

If YOU attack an opposing faction player 20 lvls or more under you FIRST, you get a Dishonorable kill that costs you 5 conquest points, if you don't have 5 conquest it costs you 10 honor points, if you don't have honor points it starts to go in the hole with negative numbers.

If the opposing low lvl faction player attacks you First, there is no penalty for killing them.

This way it discourages ganking, but you still can if you don't mind paying the penalty.
90 Pandaren Shaman
-Joins pvp server
-Gets killed by another player
-goes to forums to cry about it and asks for no pvp on pvp server.

Wut...?

Now I know that Blizz won't change anything about this because they don't actually care about the game experience anymore, but its just something that's been pissing on me for the past few days. I no longer do quests, instead, I just wait in Stormwind for my dungeon que to be up and do the same instances over and over.

^ LOL. WHAT? CHANGE WHAT? Its a PVP server! What do you expect!? And if you know blizzard isnt going to change it, then WHY did you make this thread!?

Honestly guys, if you have NO suggestions then dont complain and post this crap. i dont even see why this is on the front page...
Edited by Magicdolphin on 12/13/2012 12:42 AM PST
90 Worgen Death Knight
What's this harmless child of our enemy doing on the battlefield?
Oh well.
*shoots child in the face*

Mauden would do that.
Mauden doesn't care, you'll grow up to be part of the horde, you are going down.

If it was an actual orc/goblin child i wouldn't, but you get the example.
26 Undead Warlock
Blizzard should make it so all levels join the same battleground. A Warsong Gulch with a level 47, level 81, level 22, level 60 etc... That would be fair, right? After all, it is player versus player, right?
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/13/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Sleepy
Blizzard should make it so all levels join the same battleground. A Warsong Gulch with a level 47, level 81, level 22, level 60 etc... That would be fair, right? After all, it is player versus player, right?

That's an idiotic example.

Battlegrounds are the FAIR PvP

World PvP is not meant to be fair.
Now I understand that I am playing on a PvP server

I'm not so sure you do. Ganking is going to happen. Either you call in the cavalry, quest in zones not frequented by the opposing faction, level via dungeons, or roll PvE. I leveled my main on a PvP server, with an utterly dismal Alliance:Horde ratio (Blackwing Lair, if you're interested). At the time I was playing there, there were more level capped Belf Pallies, than there were Alliance toons at level cap (which was 80 back then).

Just let that roll around in your noggin for a bit. There were more level capped toons, of a single race/class combination on Horde, than there were TOTAL for the Alliance. Did I get ganked? ALL. THE. TIME. I still managed to get a toon to 80 without too much trouble. Without LFG even. I know, I'm !@#$ing amazing, or something.

Or maybe, I'm just not an entitled idiot. Maybe I figured out which zones tended to have fewer Horde in them (hint, hint - KALIMDOR), and quested there. Maybe, when I was getting camped, I called on my guild and friends to come help me out. Maybe, I realized I was on a PvP realm, and deserved every single swat I took from a Horde player.
90 Undead Rogue
meh,

My daily job is to sit in the daily's area and gank allies. i do this the whole day.. i kid you not. i myself get ganked in return, numerous times.

That's the idea behind roling a toon on a PVP server.

I also go inside n the shrine of seven stars n kill AFK allies. I freaking love it.

Its simple dont like it, go to a PVE server or do quests when i sleep.
90 Undead Death Knight
meh,

My daily job is to sit in the daily's area and gank allies. i do this the whole day.. i kid you not. i myself get ganked in return, numerous times.

That's the idea behind roling a toon on a PVP server.

I also go inside n the shrine of seven stars n kill AFK allies. I freaking love it.

Its simple dont like it, go to a PVE server or do quests when i sleep.

U make me can't wait for my damn rouge to be 90 there is a certain joy I get ganking a afk player in a main city and vanish away :)
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
PvP happened on a PvP server
80 Troll Shaman
WHY ARE THESE THREADS EVERYWHERE

Ganking has been and will continue to be a part of WoW

Blizzard obviously doesn't want to make ganking impossible, so please god let the topic die.

To put it in simple term. Allot of players were not around when all the real pvp happen. They joined latter on. Now they are being compelled to engage in old world pvp. Not just any pvp. But none stop 24 hours pvp. That is the reason why. They hate the fact they can not play.

With all this down time from not being able to play the game. They go onto forms to complain. As they file their complaint. There corpse is being camp. So they having nothing else to do till the guy leave. Thus, there more threads on subject.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have to agree, and I love leveling alts. I just level them on PvE servers now. All these "PvP happened on PvP servers" people will be here crying that their servers are dead in a few months. With account-wide achievements, it's not that hard to start over.
85 Draenei Mage
It's become really bad with CRZ, especially because you can't track down your ganker as they can just run away, never to be seen again. I wish I knew about the impending CRZ before I chose a pvp server :x now I have to decide if I want to stay on a server I no longer enjoy, or shelling out $250 because of a feature forced on me.
90 Worgen Warlock
What's this harmless child of our enemy doing on the battlefield?
Oh well.
*shoots child in the face*

How can you shoot women and children?

Easy, ya just don't lead 'em as much!
90 Human Warlock
OP is saying that Cowardly gankers have made playing in the world or questing almost impossible with CRZ

Ya'll must be reading something different
90 Tauren Druid
Actually I think another thread had a good suggestion about this. Bring back Dishonorable Kills only they function this way now:

If YOU attack an opposing faction player 20 lvls or more under you FIRST, you get a Dishonorable kill that costs you 5 conquest points, if you don't have 5 conquest it costs you 10 honor points, if you don't have honor points it starts to go in the hole with negative numbers.

If the opposing low lvl faction player attacks you First, there is no penalty for killing them.

This way it discourages ganking, but you still can if you don't mind paying the penalty.

You are fighting the faction boss in X town with your raid group. Suddenly a load of lowbies run into the boss room flagged....

Or you're fighting a level 90 in a low level zone, as a level 90 yourself... over nodes / over battlepets who knows... when a lowbie deliberately runs into your aoe.

Or I'm asked to help a level 40 player being attacked by a level 59 player and get the penalty for helping a member of my own faction.

Yes way to discourage PvP on PvP realms. It's a terrible idea.

PvP realms are lawless zones where people are ganked in multiple ways. A lowbie getting ganked by a high level is no different than a high level getting steamrolled by a group of 4 or more. 4v1 isn't fair either, but it happens frequently.

PvP servers though are not meant to be fair as there's an alternative server type for players who don't want to put up with it.

In other words, Stop trying to make PvP servers into PvE servers because you rolled on the wrong server type.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
well...im noticing the usual lack of sympathy and "pvp on pvp server" comments...yup, this is the internet alright. But seriously, do u honestly think being a low level player and being unable to "play" the game because youre constantly being killed by someone way more powerful than you who you have no control against is in any way a fun experience? Tell me other posters, what is our OP here to do when hes being ganked over and over again and unable to quest? Change servers? Turn off the game? Do you think thats fair...in all honesty? Its not like he can fight back or run or kindly ask them to go away.
Personally i like being on a pvp server so i have the option to engage in world pvp if i choose to, against similarly leveled players and occasionally to kill lower ones. World pvp isnt about griefing, or at least, i really dont think it should be. Maybe killing a lowbie once when u pass them by is okay imo but repeatedly killing them to the point that they cant even play the game is just being a %*#@!!!!. Why doesnt anyone agree with this? Even if you cant change it or do anything about it cant we at least sympathize with that situation...of being utterly helpless? Or are you just going to continue to stand on your high horse and say that its fine simply because the game mechanics allow for it to exist without penalization?

(also note that i only read the first page so if someone put up a compelling argument for either side and it seems like im ignoring you, im not, its just that right now i dont feel like reading through 16 pages of comments. I did notice that one of the commenters above me made a good point about how dishonorable kills would hurt the game and how 4v1 is unfair but still happens, etc and i agree with that post. My point in writing the above though is targeted more at those who just come in and bash the OP without a dsash of sympathy towards what i feel is a legitamately frustrating situation)
Edited by Granderne on 12/13/2012 3:39 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]