World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

90 Tauren Druid
Grand, back in BC... Hellfire peninsular was a deathtrap for level 60 players, as you had level 70s on flying mounts patrolling the skies above and descending on you with no warning.

It was fun. So yes it's been in the game for a very long time, you have always been open to getting ganked by high levels when you are on PvP servers.

You might not think it fair, and it probably isn't from a general standpoint but the point is PvP servers have no rules when it comes to this. The servers with rules on engagement are the PvE servers.

If people didn't want to take the risk of being ganked, those are the servers they rolled on instead. PvE servers don't force you into combat with other players if you remain unflagged....

People who are complaining don't seem to realise that they made the choice to level on the dangerous servers it seems. Or if they did, they can't handle the fact that they get what they signed up for.... PvP servers have always been like this.
90 Human Warlock
12/13/2012 03:34 AMPosted by Granderne
Maybe killing a lowbie once when u pass them by is okay imo but repeatedly killing them to the point that they cant even play the game is just being a %*#@!!!!. Why doesnt anyone agree with this? Even if you cant change it or do anything about it cant we at least sympathize with that situation...of being utterly helpless? Or are you just going to continue to stand on your high horse and say that its fine simply because the game mechanics allow for it to exist without penalization?

they can't admit they enjoy being low-life %^$@'s....so they try to justify their griefing
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What's amusing to me is how blizzard spent loads of resources revamping the classic leveling experience - then !@#$ all over it with CRZ.
90 Tauren Druid
12/13/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Octaevian
What's amusing to me is how blizzard spent loads of resources revamping the classic leveling experience - then !@#$ all over it with CRZ.

Whilst I personally hate CRZ especially now it's screwed over events on east coast servers... it's not to blame for this current qq wave.

PvP servers were broken in that PvP rarely happened in the world.... PvP servers were always dangerous before the 'sit in stormwind/org and queue for everything' mentality came into being. They've fixed that now making PvP servers inherently dangerous again as more players are muddling around in a zone.

PvP servers have ALWAYS been like this from launch of vanilla wow. PvE servers are the safe option and that's why they exist. You can't try forcing pvp servers to become PvE servers just because you don't like the fact you rolled on a dangerous server.

(And yes I get steamrolled 3v1 frequently as a lv 90.. just as unfair as lowbie ganking... but that's part and parcel of a PvP server.... and that's what you sign up for when you join those kinds of servers)
11 Human Mage
Well I'm leveling alts right now and I don't have any problems with ganking. I haven't been ganked once. I think players are just overreacting to CRZ. Maybe some players should learn to be more flexible, like log onto a different alt for a while instead of being farmed.
90 Orc Hunter
my SO is an avid pvper, who plays Warhammer precisely because you start pvping in that game from lvl 1 and that's pretty much all you do there, I mean, people have an option of questing to max level, and some do, but in general, its basically a pvp game. pve is only done at end game for occasional gear and SO has no interest in PVE as a primary game.

interesting thing about warhammer though is that when you are a high level going into a low level zone? you are turned into a chicken, that can be one shot by pretty much anything or anyone and you cannot really fight back. a sort of reversal of WoW's situation, except... its actually elegant and a lot more fun for all involved.

why do I bring it up? because this atmosphere of "if you want to play all of the game, you better roll on pve server, because all you'll be doing on pvp one is either queueing or dying to people you have absolutely no chance fighting back". is not healthy and not fun for anyone but the bully of a ganker and it doesn't encourage fresh blood coming onto your precious pvp servers. enjoy your ineffectual flexing and soon to be dead again world pvp.
Edited by Charvi on 12/13/2012 4:29 AM PST
90 Goblin Shaman
WoW u call a LvL30 against a LvL90 PvP that just sad players of high lvls should PvP there own lvls or wait some can't that why they have to gank low lvls
90 Human Death Knight
The root cause and issue is the mentality and maturity of the players doing the ganking, not the system. Being ganked while running into a higher level player, in higher level player zones is acceptable. A higher level player purposely going to a lower level zone to gank is not.

I take solice in knowing those individuals are seriously lacking something in life.
67 Worgen Rogue
12/13/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Waraila
(And yes I get steamrolled 3v1 frequently as a lv 90.. just as unfair as lowbie ganking...
In a sense its not. 3v1, you have more of a chance than a lvl 90 coming in and 1 shotting you in a zone where they shouldn't be because, well its not their level. You're playing in zones your level and therefor its inherent that there should be lvl 90's there and afterall it is more fun to quest in groups, so if said group sees you, well you're SOL if you cant fight them off. Plus, even with some of the escape mechanisms that lowbies have, they still cant get away even if they have say a stealth. I'll use the example of my rogue, you pop vanish, they can still see you just because game mechanics say that high levels can see low levels no problem.

The root cause and issue is the mentality and maturity of the players doing the ganking, not the system. Being ganked while running into a higher level player, in higher level player zones is acceptable. A higher level player purposely going to a lower level zone to gank is not.

I take solice in knowing those individuals are seriously lacking something in life.
You rock.
90 Draenei Shaman
For those saying "hurp move PvE server"... Here's a tricky one, but I'm curious...

I have an 86 Druid on a PvE server, Uldum. This was after CRZ went active. I'm over here playing around, going places. I finally go over to Elwynn Forest and have a seat on the lake's bank. Started talking to a friend, next thing I know I'm ganked by a Horde Paladin and killed.

Now, if I remember correctly, CRZ links PvE servers to other PvE servers, correct me if I'm wrong.

Straight to the point:
PvP happened on a PvE server without using /duel, no taunting, nothing. Even checked to see if I was flagged, it showed I wasn't flagged.

What do you say to this one?
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm sorry, I don't buy this argument for the game is much different then when it was released. We didn't have flying mounts, and the level of damage and health was vastly different then now with the 4 expansions of level raising. During BC and the before, a high level player would have 8k-13k hp, dps was likely 600-1200. Now I have 25x that hp easily, and can do 40x-50x that damage. We also didn't have as many reasons for high level players to pop through the low level zones(archaelogy, achievements, and pet battles) as we do now. And we didn't have CRZ populating zones with tens of players that had 30+ levels on us either.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Then again, they disabled premade bgs because that was unfair....
90 Tauren Druid
12/13/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Fuzzysneak
f. Plus, even with some of the escape mechanisms that lowbies have, they still cant get away even if they have say a stealth.

So? i can't get away from 3v1 either. Doesn't mean that PvP should only be 1v1 and at appropriate level. World PvP is everything, unbalanced, fair, unfair, ganking, duels etc.... putting arbitrary restrictions on it is against everything that the PvP servers were intended for. PvP servers highlight the war in warcraft. Factions at war... there's no fairness in the faction war never has been.

12/13/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Hateraìd
I have an 86 Druid on a PvE server, Uldum. This was after CRZ went active. I'm over here playing around, going places. I finally go over to Elwynn Forest and have a seat on the lake's bank. Started talking to a friend, next thing I know I'm ganked by a Horde Paladin and killed.

I know there were a few bugs initially with the feature which grouped pve and pvp realms together. That shouldn't happen unless you group with someone on a pvp server and cross realm into their server. Or unless you flag somehow, deliberately or tricked. Other than that... PvE servers are grouped exclusively with other PvE servers.

Not sure about the LA/Oceanic servers though.... they might be different.

12/13/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Kabrai
We didn't have flying mounts,

We did in BC, and world pvp happened everywhere... so did ganking. Hellfire was a pretty apt name as you were liable to be ganked on a moments notice by a lv 70 dropping out of the sky... It happened and we lived with it... sometimes it even ended up in a mass war going on.

12/13/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Kabrai
. We also didn't have as many reasons for high level players to pop through the low level zones(archaelogy, achievements, and pet battles) as we do now.

Questing / mat farming / coming to the aid of alts / travelling to towns / travelling to vendors / travelling to do older raids for legendaries etc. All that happened in vanilla and BC, people still farmed the 'low level' areas.
12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Pahnts
A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.

Amazingly, that is exactly what it is.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Pahnts
A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.

Yes, yes it is.

What you're looking for is consentual PVP... that happens on PVE servers.
BY selecting a pvp server you are giving informed consent that you will be killed. Just like all other players on the pvp server have given informed consent that they will be killed. If you are looking for "pvp when and where I want it." well that would be a pve server. Ganking is a PART of pvp, not all of it.
85 Orc Warrior
I will never understand the purpose of these types of posts. Anyone that says that ganking while questing never happened before CRZ either has never played on a PvP server or never played pre WOTLK.

The reason it's happening now is because there are actually other people around... which in my opinion is so much better than feeling like you are playing a single player game while lvling.

Seriously, if you're goal is to get to 90 as fast as possible then partake in PvP, lvl on a PvE realm and then x-fer over.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
PvP happened on a PvP server
It always has, unfortunately greifing and corpse camping of low level toons has greatly increased with the introduction of CRZ. Also the difference in lvl 90 to midrange toons is huge, there is no fighting back like in the old days of Vanilla, it's one shot and your dead.

There are so many people complaining about this because its much more of a problem now.
90 Goblin Warrior
12/12/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Pahnts
(except for friendly zones) you WILL be ganked by the enemy.

Camped someone in orgrimmar before when I used to play a mage.
Ur not safe anywhere from me!

He didn't get help very fast cuz no one believed him.
Edited by Baddies on 12/13/2012 7:49 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Another of these threads.

Ganking involves 1 player fighting another player.

Just because you have 0 friends and no high level to "even the playing field" doesnt mean it isnt PvP.

Red is Dead, please reroll or transfer.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]