World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

90 Draenei Shaman
Posting in a 'PvP happened on a PvP server' thread.
90 Blood Elf Priest
While I realize that this person should probably roll on a PvE server because of the ganking that happens and cannot be stopped on a PvP server, their post in frustration still does not warrant the rude, school-yard taunting I'm seeing on these threads. (This behavior extends in-game in the form of griefing.) Surely there are Forum Moderators looking into these nonconstructive replies?
90 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
PvP happened on a PvP server
12/12/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Pahnts
Now I know that Blizz won't change anything about this because they don't actually care about the game experience anymore,

Simply not true. You're getting the correct experience on a PvP server. It's why I moved to a PvE server and wouldn't participate in PvP if Blizard offered to pay me to do so (well...guess it would depend on how MUCH they offered LOL) In PvP there is no such thing as honor, no such thing as fair, the players have become more and more and more cowardly, refusing to attack unless they have an unfair advantage then pounding their chests like fools actually believing they have "skill" because they have exploited an advantage, basically, they're big nasty bullies knocking down toddlers and stealing candy, then standing around with other big nasty bullies bragging about all the candy they've stolen from babies. What skilled, awesome, amazing "gamers" they all are....GAG

But that's the PvP experience in wow, and you've gotten an acurate taste of it. Bottom line, you want to enjoy this game? Go to a PvE server and enjoy the GAME, remove yourself from the World of Bullycraft and play the real game with other players like yourself that enjoy experiencing content and lore and aren't just playing a game so they can be evil to people and feel all cool in front of other nasty people like themselves. If you want PvP on a PvE server, you can que for BGs and Arenas and PvP when YOU want to, and not be a victim. If you choose to play on a PvP server, you are getting EXACTLY what that environment is designed to provide, World of Bullycraft.
86 Human Rogue
Gank or be ganked. On PvP realms, it doesn't matter if you are level 1 and a 90 kills you. It's allowed.
28 Orc Hunter
12/13/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Rakalyn
While I realize that this person should probably roll on a PvE server because of the ganking that happens and cannot be stopped on a PvP server, their post in frustration still does not warrant the rude, school-yard taunting I'm seeing on these threads. (This behavior extends in-game in the form of griefing.) Surely there are Forum Moderators looking into these nonconstructive replies?

Blizzard encourages this type of behavior. Its like a bunch of teens took over at Blizzard. CRZ has been the catalyst for one of the worst player communities I have ever seen. Good luck WPVP all by yourself when people leave or just stop playing. Why isn't CRZ enabled in Panda land so all these pro-PVPers can have at it ? In fact why aren't they screaming for it to be added?
It will be interesting to see the subscription levels next quarter.
90 Night Elf Monk
90 Worgen Warrior
90 Undead Monk
I dunno.

I leveled this guy on a high-pop pvp realm and really didn't have any issues.
Was I killed by the occasional 90 while questing? Yup. Although, nowhere as often as people complaining would have you believe. Certainly not every five minutes. It's a situation where hyperbole does not help the case against CRZ/PvP realms.

I jumped ship from a PvE realm before this xpac because I anticipated thse changes...and embraced them. If anything, there was less ganking than I was prepared for.

Far too often I have seen posters on pvp realms who have become complacent with the way things used to be. Now that leveling on pvp realms poses a degree of risk, those same people are now outraged. I don't get it.

Either embrace pvp on pvp realms or take your skills to a pve realm. It really IS that simple.

I hate to repeat what has already been said, but...

PVP happened on a PVP server. sorry.
Edited by Murkwood on 12/13/2012 9:57 AM PST
85 Night Elf Warrior
You know, the delicious irony of the OP complaints is that they will engage in the *EXACT* same practice once they reach level 90. If you don't like being subject to attack by anyone at any time, novel idea, but STOP ROLLING UP ON A PVP SERVER DUH?!
41 Gnome Mage
12/12/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Znsk
You're right. The game was broken, world pvp was dead. Blizzard added CRZ and fixed this problem. Now world pvp is alive again on pvp servers.

I will say this once for you guys that think CRZ "saved or fixed" world pvp.

Nothing was stopping you from going out a picking a fight before CRZ WAS IT?
No no nothing at all was stopping you however because you remainded camped in a city or at the front gates dueling to see whos stick was bigger YOU put up that wall all by your lonesome.
Edit: Blizz however is also to blame here with subpar questing and exp gain from questing which STILL is a problem. Still faster to level 15-65 with dungeons especially if you roll a tank or healer.

This said I have been flying around the world....of warcraft lately and maybe it is just the CRZ realms im grouped with but outside of the WPvP hotspots ( outland/blasted lands and a couiple others) I have rarely seen a local defense warning go up. Expect to get ganked by higher levels it is not just you out there anymore and some players enjoy feeling like Brock Lesnar vs a 3rd grader in a fight for various reasons aswell.

Maybe that is a kid who is picked on or was picked on by people. Maybe that player is the one who did the picking and can no longer bully people because now he is not bigger than everyone else. Maybe that guy/girl is just an a$$hat that relishes making someones life outside of their own miserable.
Edited by Smhallfryd on 12/13/2012 10:10 AM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
World of....wait....wait for it....WARcraft.
Holy cow you got attacked on a pvp server in world of WARcraft? ALERT THE INTERNET!
My advice is to roll on a pve server before you get too invested in your new character, obviously you chose the wrong server type.

Sadly for most of the trolls in this thread, the valid point about questing being sub-optimal XP and practically useless in any situation, except until you get to 15 and until you get the gear to continue in dungeons with each expansion from Wrath on, has been missed. Leveling by questing, regardless of whether or not you're on a PvP server is just !@#$ compared to leveling in dungeons. Safety factor of sitting in your capitol city aside, its just faster for someone to queue up as a tank or healer (if they can) and grind out a half dozen to a dozen dungeon runs a day wit5h randoms until they hit the stop gap at Wrath where they need to run a couple quests in Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord to get the started gear that lets them progress further. Same with doing Vash'jir and/or Hyjal for Cata, and Jade Forest for MoP. Questing is the worst XP in the game, and it is the only way to get enough XP to level in MoP because they nerefed dungeon XP post-85. Of course, by then, you should be able to hold your own in world PVP or have a good escape plan, so then it can be said "PvP happened on a PvP server? OMG! To teh interwebs!"
90 Worgen Warrior
12/13/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Nachtjäger
Questing is the worst XP in the game, and it is the only way to get enough XP to level in MoP because they nerefed dungeon XP post-85.

I was really upset when they changed the XP for MoP. I love leveling up by tanking dungeon after dungeon.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
wow cry much stop complaining and go quest in areas where there arent lvl 90 hell im a 38 and have only once been killed by a lvl 90....couse 3 of his lvl 26 buddys got tired of dieing LOL

IN OTHER WORDS DONT PLAY PVP SERVER IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET ATTACKED BY OTHER PLAYERS
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Pahnts
A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.

So by that logic a 90 running old raids isnt PvE? What would it be then?

Besides, unfair ganking on a PvP server is what brings more realism to the world. Theres more danger, people out there that want to kill you. Just like in real life, not everything is safe...
90 Undead Warlock
While I realize that this person should PvP on a PvP server because of the PvP that happens and cannot be stopped on a PvP server, their k/d ratio still does not reward them Honor and Conquest points in-game, I'm reporting everyone in this thread. (These reports extend in-game in the form of reduced rewards from Dailies.) Surely there are Mods for this game that help me construct additional pylons?

I'm afraid not.

You'll have to construct them yourself, sorry.
90 Tauren Death Knight
The interesting thing to me is that the people who are ganking you have to have found a way to play through the ganking before you. (Spoiler Alert) That's how they got to 90. They got ganked and kept playing. They knew the risks and rewards of playing on a PVP realm. Oh by the way, where the heck was your guild while all this ganking was going on? Did they let the sharks nibble at your toes or did they come out and teach the dirty bad nasty a lesson?

I humbly suggest that if your guild let you dangle in the pvp wind, you don't need a new server. YOU NEED A NEW GUILD!

Or, as has been stated ad infinitem above, roll on a pve server. Retire your pvp alts and go forth in a new and boring world free of ganking.

Or, carry on QQ.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Pahnts
A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.

Was the level 30 character being controlled by a player? Was the level 90 character being controlled by a player? Were there bots involved? If you answered "Yes," "Yes," and "No," then:
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]