World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

90 Gnome Monk
12/13/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Icetonic
Its world of $$ .... See everyone gets it confused but I am a firm believer that if subs started to drop because of this issue

What issue?!

Every game that has a pvp server is just like this.

Why is that so hard to understand?

You go looking for trouble, and you found it. Now you're crying about it on the forums, like they're going to change something that you ****ing sought out.
Edited by Bowlingball on 12/13/2012 5:21 PM PST
90 Undead Death Knight
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
PvP happened on a PvP server
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That certainly hasn't been my experience. Questing is the single most efficient way to level under most circumstances.

Ah yes. I remember the exact moment when Battleground experience got nerfed, pigeonholing players into questing, and sucking the last bit of potential fun out of leveling alts.

Thank you guys for that.
90 Troll Hunter
12/13/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Strifé
Then don't complain about being on a PVP server.
But I feel that recent changes to my realm are negative not neutral or positive. And without the power to change that what should I do, keep quiet about my concerns? don't be silly that is what general discussion is for(Kind of).

12/13/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Strifé
You want an MMO without any people?
No but I enjoyed being on a low pop realm.
48 Pandaren Monk
Ah yes. I remember the exact moment when Battleground experience got nerfed, pigeonholing players into questing, and sucking the last bit of potential fun out of leveling alts.

Thank you guys for that.

You can still do BGs while you level, they still give experience. Just because it's not as efficient to level just through BGs does not mean that extra time it takes will kill you and you might even have a little fun. :P
90 Human Rogue
12/13/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Daxxarri
What a coincidence! I got ganked a few times today too. Took most of my lunch hour, actually. You don't know who you are, but if you're reading this: When I get to level cap and grab a few pieces of PvP gear, I'm going to eat your heart. As many times as it'll grow back. ♥

You are officially my favorite CM. Let none escape your wrath, devour them all!
90 Worgen Warlock
12/13/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Daxx confirmed for Darkspear.

Don't go camping innocent levelers on Darkspear for the sake of slaying me.

I'm not there. And no, I won't admit where I am if you guess correctly either.

Darn, I can only hope. Makes me wonder if I've killed a blue and didn't know it though.

Also don't go afk in the Shrine of Two Moons. ;)
68 Human Warlock
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
85 Gnome Warrior
Well if you aren't going to fix CRZ can you at least nerf Second Wind on warriors I am pretty sure that would even the odds.
90 Human Paladin
12/13/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Bowlingball
My current 10 characters have a combined total of 468 days 19 hours played. That is 11,251 hours invested in those characters. Some of it was sitting AFK, sure, but it's still a massive chunk of time.

Actually, it is a reasonably free possibility.

Also, don't act like you're the only one who has time invested. I've rerolled, as have many other people.

Oh, and btw... http://oi45.tinypic.com/2v3shfc.jpg

Your complaint is invalid.

Oh, you're willing to waste your time, money, effort, and abandon your friends? Well, you sure showed me how wrong I was. I'll go re-roll right now!
90 Pandaren Warrior
read first page. not one person really read what OP was saying.

her main point is that it's WAY better to random dungeon queue than to quest. dungeons give better rewards and zero chance of getting killed by another player (regardless of level).

questing on pvp servers should give better rewards than dungeons as there is 9000% more risk involved and leveling is slow as hell.
Community Manager
questing on pvp servers should give better rewards than dungeons as there is 9000% more risk involved and leveling is slow as hell.

Now that's a completely different matter, and an interesting piece of feedback. I'm afraid that it got lost in the tone of the post.
100 Troll Death Knight
12/13/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Demïse

Yuu mahddd
90 Gnome Monk
12/13/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Loor
Oh, you're willing to waste your time, money, effort, and abandon your friends? Well, you sure showed me how wrong I was. I'll go re-roll right now!

If I'm not having fun on something I pay for? You betcha.

Also, you're not abandoning anyone. You can cross-realm group still. You'll have to find a new raid group for now, until they allow cross-realm raiding, but you'll still be able to hang out with your friends.

But a snide attitude about it, is definitely not the way to go. You people complain and complain and complain about how it is taking away from your fun, and when solutions are given, you get all rude and act like you're going to be all alone.

YOU chose to stay there. YOU chose to put yourself in that situation. YOU chose to deal with it. Stop blaming everyone else (and the server that was designed with that intended) because YOU chose to be there.

I swear, it's like people breaking up....
"Just leave him."
"It's not that easy. My CDs are in his truck."
(Yes, this is quoted from Bill Burr, or someone)

...really?

12/13/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Beefnbrocoli

"I chose to play on a server where I could be killed at any moment, of any day. I should be rewarded because of this."
Edited by Bowlingball on 12/13/2012 5:46 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
read first page. not one person really read what OP was saying.

her main point is that it's WAY better to random dungeon queue than to quest. dungeons give better rewards and zero chance of getting killed by another player (regardless of level).

The idea for increased rewards simply because you're on a pvp server is ridiculous in and of itself. You choose to play (and stay) on a pvp server because of the dangers it presents. Variables like friends already being there and whatnot are just crutches you use to spare yourself the idea that you (or your friends) made a bad decision (for you). The danger is what makes PvP realms unique, not your friends and wanting to be on a PvE server instead.

Well actually, I shouldn't say ridiculous, but rather just unnecessary. I can imagine them throwing out more pvp related quests or some sort of buff that helps lowbies resist getting 1-shot or corpse camped at some time, but yeah...
Edited by Eviloven on 12/13/2012 5:47 PM PST
85 Tauren Paladin
12/13/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Now that's a completely different matter, and an interesting piece of feedback. I'm afraid that it got lost in the tone of the post.

I wouldn't mind that if its worth it to being ganked a lot.
90 Human Warrior
Don't get my hopes up to gank you Daxx.
90 Gnome Monk
If anything, Daxx just basically stated "Kill everyone in the hopes that you kill me."

rofl.
90 Worgen Warlock
Oh, you're willing to waste your time, money, effort, and abandon your friends?

I don't understand why people say you have to abandon friends, lol. Unless you have an unusual schedule or incredibly poor time management skills this doesn't actually happen.
90 Undead Warlock
12/13/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Daxxarri

It does give more of a reward. It's more interesting.

In a way, I kinda miss my PvP server days. While questing I always had to be on the look out and thinking of what I could do if I got jumped. Adds more danger and excitement to the world. It's just not for me. Not full time, at least. That's why I'm on a PvE realm now.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]