Woah, is this still a Hero class?

85 Goblin Death Knight
Just came back to the game after some time, this class feels like am playing a Elemental shammy in pvp and even worse in pve tanking.
Good thing I waiting on buying MoP, I can't really put it into words but the class just doesn't feel the same, am not sure if it's the 85 lvl and things get worked out at 90 or blizz just broke DK once and for all.

Just random thoughts
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Outside of start in the open world at 58 with some gear that lasts 5 or 6 levels before it starts to become dated, and Runeforging, I never really saw anything that would be worthy of calling it a "Hero" class in the first place. Except maybe to give Warrior's a good belly laugh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I wish they had never called it a hero class. All that did was give stupid people reason to expect all kinds of gamebreaking crap.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Do we start at 55 with a mount and raid-level gear?

Yep.

Then we're still a hero class.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah, things are different but the meaning of "hero class" hasn't changed.

It's only ever meant that WoW's Death Knight is based off of hero classes from the older RTS.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
dks are fine, reroll something easier
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Just came back to the game after some time, this class feels like am playing a Elemental shammy in pvp and even worse in pve tanking.

Wut? Blood DKs are doing fine right now, more than fine in fact.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I have a great time tanking. I think we are in a good place right now. =D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/12/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Deathquoi
I wish they had never called it a hero class. All that did was give stupid people reason to expect all kinds of gamebreaking crap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I don't know about you, but I'm having a great time. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/13/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Cooler

lol, i see what you did there...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

It's only ever meant that WoW's Death Knight is based off of hero classes from the older RTS.

Paladins would also constitute a hero class then.

They are referred to as a hero class because your character you create was already a hero before he became a death knight or something dumb like that. Did anyone pay attention to the opening?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

They are referred to as a hero class because your character you create was already a hero before he became a death knight or something dumb like that. Did anyone pay attention to the opening?
Yeah, that's more what I meant. Not a random Pally but a hero whose story is based on the actual events of the older games.

I mean, there's a talent called Veteran of the Third War. A blue mentioned it somewhere but I can't find it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Good thing I waiting on buying MoP, I can't really put it into words but the class just doesn't feel the same, am not sure if it's the 85 lvl and things get worked out at 90 or blizz just broke DK once and for all.

Just random thoughts

We were kind of the bench mark for active mitigation, so we didn't change nearly as much as other tanks. We're just as good imo.

Learn to love Blood Tap.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
12/13/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Cooler

reroll something easier

something easier

You're playing a Death Knight, you know that right? It's the biggest sh*t-for-brains class in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/13/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Rooney

reroll something easier

something easier

You're playing a Death Knight, you know that right? It's the biggest sh*t-for-brains class in the game.

Shaman are the easiest to play class, actually.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Rooney

reroll something easier

something easier

First herp, then derp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Yeah, that's more what I meant. Not a random Pally but a hero whose story is based on the actual events of the older games.

I mean, there's a talent called Veteran of the Third War. A blue mentioned it somewhere but I can't find it.

Not a talent :P passive ability for being a blood dk increasing your stamina. I know what you meant it is just saying the older rts but putting in hero made it kind of confusing. Not only that but I don't think it was during the third war that you where killed. Somewhere after it makes sense (but you still fought during the third war).
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
12/13/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Connekt

Shaman are the easiest to play class, actually.

Do care to explain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]