big tree in seradane

45 Undead Warlock
What is the big tree at seradane in the hinterlands of the eastern kingdom for
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you mean the location of the portal there use to be a world boss that spawned there. It's no longer in the game. You can find more information here

http://www.wowpedia.org/Seradane
Edited by Monmonn on 12/12/2012 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It's one of the locations where the Emerald Dream connects to Azeroth. There's a bunch of them scattered about the world. In the lore, the Emerald Dream is an alternate dimension where Azeroth is all beasts and critters and druidic magic is a strong influence. Also it's a version of Azeroth that shows how it would have been had the High Elves never fallen under Sargeras's influence 10,000 years ago and split the world in the process. Things that happen in the Emerald Dream can seep into the matching location in Azeroth. It is the domain of the green dragons and the night elf druids who go into 10 thousand year slumbers to study and perfect their druidic craft.

The emerald dream was going to be an end-game zone back when WoW was first constructed, hence why there's portals everywhere. But Blizzard scrapped that idea when they realized that there was enough stuff they wanted to do in the Emerald Dream that they really needed to make it into it's own expansion. Since then, the veteran players have been waiting for an expansion that would open those portals and take them into the emerald dream, but it hasn't happened yet.
Edited by Avanna on 12/13/2012 7:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
They used to be surrounded by elite dragonkin as well, and you didn't wanna go near them while you were questing in the zone, although it was very easy to stumble across them. I still remember sneaking close to the portal that used to be in Ashenvale (is that even still there? I haven't thought to check) so I could open that spot on my map, then running for my life, but usually seeing the spirit healer shortly thereafter. Good times.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/13/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Drewb
I still remember sneaking close to the portal that used to be in Ashenvale (is that even still there? I haven't thought to check) so I could open that spot on my map, then running for my life, but usually seeing the spirit healer shortly thereafter. Good times.

I did the exact same thing, got close enough to get it to "ding" just as I was killed by them (back when they were level 80 or so). It's still there, but the dragonkin guarding it are level 25 now (so more in-line with the rest of the zone).
Edited by Avanna on 12/13/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]