Word of Glory useless, thanks Blizz

100 Human Paladin
WOG is now healing me for 15k with 3 Holy Power. Warriors now do more self healing than Rets. Thanks for the love Ghostcrawler!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/13/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Agincourt
WOG is now healing me for 15k with 3 Holy Power. Warriors now do more self healing than Rets. Thanks for the love Ghostcrawler!!!!!!!!!

umm Zen Sphere is healing my monk for 4k per tick, and chi-wave is only healing for 7-9k a bounce.

Welcome to being balanced...Enjoy your stay.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
What balance you talking about?

RETs pay the "hybrid tax" on damage for the ability to heal. Outside of our cooldowns our damage is horrible. Now we cant even heal oursleves or anyone else, yet the "hybrid tax" on damage remains

So the results are that DKs and Warriors do nearly twice the damge and Warriors do better healing. Is that balance?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ice
You never stop whining, do you? You must enjoy doing it.

I hate to break it to you Agincourt, but Ret is in arguably the most balanced position it has ever been. Yes, we have problems. Every class and spec has problems.

You constantly making use of personal attacks against Blizzard is not going to help. You sounds like a spoiled little brat.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest

RETs pay the "hybrid tax" on damage for the ability to heal. Outside of our cooldowns our damage is horrible. Now we cant even heal oursleves or anyone else, yet the "hybrid tax" on damage remains

So the results are that DKs and Warriors do nearly twice the damge and Warriors do better healing. Is that balance?

Well no one is going to take you seriously if your entire post is going to be hyperbole.

Warriors don't heal better then Ret. Warriors can't heal at all. Second Wind is a defensive passive, and it only kicks in when the Warrior is below 35%.

Ret can heal themselves and others. You also have loads of utility and CC. You are not a special snowflake...Almost every classes' damage is weak outside of cooldowns. That's just the way this expansion was designed for some reason, so no you are not paying some hybrid healing tax that you invented in your own head.

Enhancement. WindWalkers, Death Knights, Elemental Shaman, still heal worse then Ret, and don't have half the utility you bring to a match.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Well no one is going to take you seriously if your entire post is going to be hyperbole.

Warriors don't heal better then Ret. Warriors can't heal at all. Second Wind is a defensive passive, and it only kicks in when the Warrior is below 35%.

Ret can heal themselves and others. You also have loads of utility and CC. You are not a special snowflake...Almost every classes' damage is weak outside of cooldowns. That's just the way this expansion was designed for some reason, so no you are not paying some hybrid healing tax that you invented in your own head.

Enhancement. WindWalkers, Death Knights, Elemental Shaman, still heal worse then Ret, and don't have half the utility you bring to a match.
Warrior, DK, Spriest, Warlocks damage low outside cooldowns? Hardly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Here in the rest of the world, it's not 2008 anymore. It's 2012 (nearly 2013!) and the hybrid tax is long gone.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest

Warlock damage is a joke outside of cooldowns, and so is Warrior damage. Shadow Priest damage is completely RNG, and DKs are a sustain damage class with no true burst cooldowns.

Again the only hybrid in the game that rivals Ret's group utility is shadow priest. There is nothing wrong with Ret, and if you wanted to play a healer you should have spec Holy. Hybrid healing is suppose to be a small bonus not what your spec revolves around.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Here in the rest of the world, it's not 2008 anymore. It's 2012 (nearly 2013!) and the hybrid tax is long gone.
Nope. The justification for RETs low damage is our supposed ability to heal. Take away our healing and they need to give us more damage. Cant nerf us on healing and damage
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Warlock damage is a joke outside of cooldowns, and so is Warrior damage. Shadow Priest damage is completely RNG, and DKs are a sustain damage class with no true burst cooldowns.

Again the only hybrid in the game that rivals Ret's group utility is shadow priest. There is nothing wrong with Ret, and if you wanted to play a healer you should have spec Holy. Hybrid healing is suppose to be a small bonus not what your spec revolves around.
Nonsense. Equally geared Warriors, DKs, Spriest, Warlocks will always do much more damage
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/13/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Agincourt
Nope. The justification for RETs low damage is our supposed ability to heal. Take away our healing and they need to give us more damage. Cant nerf us on healing and damage

That's not what hybrid tax means. What you're describing is just called "balancing." You can make an argument that it hasn't been done very well, but it's not the same thing as the hybrid tax.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest

Nonsense. Equally geared Warriors, DKs, Spriest, Warlocks will always do much more damage

Well Warriors, DKs, Warlocks SHOULD do more damage then you. You have 5x more group utility then they do. What would be the point if you had better healing, group utility and damage then the other dps specs in the game?

Also if a shadow priest is out damaging you in a 3v3 match you are doing something very wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Well Warriors, DKs, Warlocks SHOULD do more damage then you. You have 5x more group utility then they do. What would be the point if you had better healing, group utility and damage then the other dps specs in the game?

Also if a shadow priest is out damaging you in a 3v3 match you are doing something very wrong.
Agree that they should do more damage and that's the trade off for healing. But when a Warrior can outheal all my damage and WOG gets nerfed then that trade off is no longer fair
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
WOG is now healing me for 15k with 3 Holy Power

Sounds pretty awesome to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
WOG is now healing me for 15k with 3 Holy Power.

I wish I could heal myself for 15K after spamming 3 instant abilities.

Warriors now do more self healing than Rets

Haha.

TL;DR
Sacred Shield, Holy Avenger and ANY LEVEL 90 pally talent would like to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
35k Crit on instant Flash of light last night, gotta love these changes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There isn't a hybrid tax anymore.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/13/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Faeria

You do realize this is what WW monks were healing for BEFORE the pvp power change, and before the healing debuff change?

You are complaining about a 35k crit heal when that is what I was doing pre-all these nerfs. Now my Chi-wave is like 7-9k per bounce lol.

You were spoiled.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/13/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Elemeno
WOG is now healing me for 15k with 3 Holy Power.

I wish I could heal myself for 15K after spamming 3 instant abilities.

Warriors now do more self healing than Rets

Haha.

TL;DR
Sacred Shield, Holy Avenger and ANY LEVEL 90 pally talent would like to have a word with you.
I wish I could do your damage. I'll trade you the lousy 15K heal for a pice of your damage
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Primiez

You do realize this is what WW monks were healing for BEFORE the pvp power change, and before the healing debuff change?

You are complaining about a 35k crit heal when that is what I was doing pre-all these nerfs. Now my Chi-wave is like 7-9k per bounce lol.

You were spoiled.

We're not talking about monks. We're talking about Ret spec.

Ret has very poor sustained damage, no reliable snare unless a better talent is given up for it.

Furthermore the healing nerf to hybrids in the first case was because of shamans and priests who were doing FAR too much healing.

As a Ret paladin though this is what our spec is supposed to be balanced around, Utility.

Hand spells only go so far for teammates before they need a heal and this is what the spec provided. Now that healing utility is gone and we're stuck with awful self heals and damage outside of popping every cooldown.

Different classes are different but it dosen't justify gutting one entire spec when other classes are the real culprits of having too much healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]