Best On Demand Burst Damage

89 Human Rogue
Which class(es) do the most on demand burst damage?

I'm not talking about getting some random proc and rolling with it, I mean a class that can either instantly, or set up, a big chunk of damage and unleash it when the time is right.

You have to watch the Youtube video, Fury spec warrior dominates.. end of story...

Rogue, Druid.. I think a frost DK comes close, but by FAR the Fury / arms warrior is rockin it when it comes to all out burst damage..

Search for DPS spec burst on you tube..

LOL, is this like the working class hero of WoW? Fury needs a full bar of rage before it can burst hard, that's hardly "on demand." Requires a lot of ramp up. Rogues... are you kidding lol? Feral is near the top, and Frost DK burst is pretty solid but I think mages/warriors/ferals still beat them out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/13/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Laizhensil
The funny part is that our class is designed to do big number damage, but no one seems to understand that.

Your class was also designed to be 1 shotted. Do you really want to go back to the days of "lol I just used ToEP and ZHC, and - oh, damn, didn't see that OTHER warrior with his arcanite reaper that just did 120% of my health in 1 ms crit" ?

Bad design is bad. Moving away from it, is good.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Williame
The funny part is that our class is designed to do big number damage, but no one seems to understand that.

Your class was also designed to be 1 shotted. Do you really want to go back to the days of "lol I just used ToEP and ZHC, and - oh, damn, didn't see that OTHER warrior with his arcanite reaper that just did 120% of my health in 1 ms crit" ?

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Frost mages used to be, until they nerfed the fireblast glyph. We still had the most burst, it just wasn't on demand anymore.

Then they nerfed frost bomb against players by 20%.

So I'm fairly confident someone dethroned us for king of on demand burst.
Reply Quote
5 Troll Rogue
What about balance druids?
Reply Quote
Elemental shaman.

**** YEAH! 3 minute hero!

I hope you are kidding.. elemental shaman is DEAD last in burst damage.. hell a PROT spec paladin has more burst damage...

In terms of just raw damage, in a PvE setting without having to worry about interrupts/etc., Elemental can put out insane damage during Ascendance, especially with other cooldowns/trinkets popped.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How is an enhance shaman not considered?

Ascendance
Wolves
Fire elemental

all at the same time, and if you throw in the haste buff I cant recall the name of. Seems like a lot on demand.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

Ascendance
Wolves
Fire elemental

all at the same time, and if you throw in the haste buff I cant recall the name of. Seems like a lot on demand.

It is. In fact a lot of classes specs (probably the majority) have some kind of cooldown stacking they can do to output some pretty impressive burst.

Now that some of the biggest offenders have been brought in line you might see more people qq'ing about the others. (seems like ferals are next on peoples whine list)

One thing to note though, is while an enhance popping all those cooldowns will be doing a ton of burst damage, it doesn't come in the way a lot of other classes do so it's harder for people to pinpoint the blame or nerf QQ.

When the damage is spread out through numerous smaller sources it's harder to cry foul on. There's no 200k Stormstrike/stormblasts or 200klava lashes for people to look at and go 'wtf nerf'
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ya'll don't know about Moonkin.

Ever seen an entire team die together in 10sec? Yeah, it happens.

BTW, it is theoretically possible to literally global someone. A 180k SS crit is not uncommon for full PvP Moonkins against full PvP opponents. Starsurge is potentially spammable (especially with 3+ targets) to feed Shooting Stars procs. Due to how Shooting Stars interacts with Starsurge, it is possible to have 2 Starsurges in flight (there is a one-in-flight restriction). With 20% crit, there is a 4% chance to get a double SS crit. Given the effectiveness of your Crit and DOTs, you can actually get 3-5 SS casts off in a 3-4sec window (GCD is reset).
Edited by Cyous on 12/14/2012 7:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You know... the more I know, the more I think the only reason Mage and Arms Warrior Burst was so vilified was because it was so telegraphed. You knew what was coming and who did it to you. A lot of the others can do exactly the same thing, but it's stealth.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Enhancement Shaman with a high end two hander and a weapon swap macro for Stormblast/Windfury. It's hilarious, and really strong with weapon procs/Elemental Blast buff
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Ascendance
Wolves
Fire elemental

Yea, most definitely is.

Between fire ele, stormlash totem, Lust (if possible/rated PvP n/a) Ascendance and all the self buffs via Flurry/Unleash Elements/mastery-attack speed, and how hard hitting Elemental Blast is + the stats it gives, Enhance does have some strong burst windows, but it's a window of about 10-15 seconds rather than just 1 or 2 abilities (as Zildjian says above). Sources of damage rather than just one ability that hits too hard.

The only sad thing is that Enhance requires 100% uptime to have great damage output outside of those cooldowns, which won't ever happen. Their "special attack" burst isn't very high unless you're staying on your target.
Edited by Zamzikhan on 12/15/2012 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Our class wasn't designed to be one-shotted, it was designed to die in 3-5 GCDs with CDs popped, which WE DO. I would trade all my defensive spells for the ability to actually dish out large amounts of damage without every other class whining like little babies when they get 3-5 GCDed.

It would certainly be better going back to that than setting up a dozen different snares, having my bursts broken, having to juke reflects, polymorph through CDs, use a Trinket, an Ice Block, watch my spacing (instead of just chasing or running) then get stun locked and 100-0 in 4 GCDs after my "OP" cast-time frost bomb that does 140k of your 400k health with 4+ cool downs popped got dispelled.

I mean, I don't blame you. You wanted to face roll and now you can. Warriors (and Paladins...) complained about mages around the clock for weeks and you're running around at the top of every Arena representation chart posted.

So enjoy, I suppose you earned it.
Edited by Laizhensil on 12/15/2012 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]