Is This a Bugged Pet

86 Night Elf Hunter
I abandoned the starter cat they gave me when I stumbled across Shadowclaw in Dark Shore. Now that I've hit level 20, he doesn't seem to have the ability Roar of Courage, like other cats do.

I thought all pets got their special ability at level 20. My wolf, for example, got Furious Howl when I dinged.

Is he different because he is a rare, or is this a genuine bug?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/11/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Nathassian
I abandoned the starter cat they gave me when I stumbled across Shadowclaw in Dark Shore. Now that I've hit level 20, he doesn't seem to have the ability Roar of Courage, like other cats do.

Is it maybe in his spellbook but not on the bar?
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah, I checked the spellbook and bar both, without any sign of it. Tried reloading UI and exiting the game and had the same result.
Reply Quote
Did you make sure he has the correct spec?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/11/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Hylt
Did you make sure he has the correct spec?

Roar of courage is cat only. I have a feeling it might be a bug I would rcommend posting in bug report and sending an ingame one and maybe even a ticket and see a GM suggests
Reply Quote
I don't think it's a bug. Because it buffs mastery instead of agility, cats do not learn the ability until 80 or 81 when mastery becomes available as a stat. The newer comments on Wowhead confirm this.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
12/11/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Sneakys
I don't think it's a bug. Because it buffs mastery instead of agility, cats do not learn the ability until 80 or 81 when mastery becomes available as a stat. The newer comments on Wowhead confirm this.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I checked there first but wasn't able to find anything. Thanks!
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
I thought that pets got those abilities at level 30.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/11/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Whim

no, all pets get theirs at 20 excluding cats and spirit beasts who don't learn theirs until 80 when mastery is a useable stat.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
12/11/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Coren

no, all pets get theirs at 20 excluding cats and spirit beasts who don't learn theirs until 80 when mastery is a useable stat.
Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]