WoW Customer Support Q&A Transcript

Community Manager
This CoveritLive chat features a panel of some of our most veteran customer support representatives, who always seek to clarify support policies and procedures, help players to better understand the philosophies that shape how we assist them, and show a bit of the personality behind those GM tags.

While this chat was focused on customer support for World of Warcraft, our panelists were equipped to field some questions about Diablo III and StarCraft II support policies as well.

Read the full event transcript.

Related Resources:
Edited by Zarhym on 12/13/2012 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
nice, will try to at least check this out, might try to get a couple questions asked, and hopefully answered.
Edited by Ishamaell on 12/11/2012 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
neato
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It'll be at 11am here in Australia, so I'll be at work unfortunately.

Anyone who knows how CoveritLive works know if the chat will be available for reading once it's over or do you have to attend to see anything?
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Anyone who knows how CoveritLive works know if the chat will be available for reading once it's over or do you have to attend to see anything?

CoveritLive automatically stores the conversation and provides a "Replay" button for anyone who missed out on any portion of the live event. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
At least it's not Reddit again! /rejoice
Reply Quote

They've used it before - can see how it's saved at the end of the chat at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3914934
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the responses, I look forward to reviewing it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hey Zarhym. This sounds like it will be very informative.

12/11/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Zarhym
This is your chance to seek clarification on support policies and procedures

I know the chat will be moderated, but could you give an example of what type of questions we could ask to make the best possible use of the hour? I am sure you guys aren't looking to just be a human proxy to the FAQ/ToS section for an hour.

I personally would love to see some questions answered about the evolution of the games' support and policies. The devs of the game always get to tell their stories and give a post-mortem. I don't think in the 8 years I have played have I ever gotten to hear from the battle hardened CS veterans. Especially about how support/policy has had to evolve in the face of a game that has gone through so much change.
Edited by Lovebringer on 12/11/2012 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ooo, sounds interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Good luck! Who knows, we may have a showing of... *The Hoof*

(We live in a world of hope, after all)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Why cant i choose any realms when i log in?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Thank You Zarhym got a few questions to bring to the table.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
I'd be interested in reading about the MS > OS dilemma. Everyone uses it but it's not an officially supported loot practice. Many an Invincible were ninjaed during Cata when you still needed 15-20 pugs to kill it. As players underman bosses further every expansion it becomes less of an issue though. BH was also notorious for ninjas, but I have to think ticket load is significantly less now that LFR and the "BH" boss are individual loot rolls. The devs probably were looking at ways to reduce ticket load and did a good job of it. The MS > OS issue still remains, but not much is worth ninjaing, especially with the BMAH out. Elegon mount I guess. =p
Edited by Digerati on 12/11/2012 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
I look forward to watching CRZ dodgeball.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Julitrix
I look forward to watching CRZ dodgeball.

The only CRZ issues that would be relevant to in-game support is how issues are dealt with caused by CRZ, such as how to report CRZ chat or names from different realms. Not sure what type of "dodgeball" you are implying, but it would seem that your statement is more directed at game design, which is not what this live chat is for.
Edited by Hruund on 12/12/2012 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Surprised at the lack of female representation among the panelists.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]