Blood dodge/parry

90 Dwarf Death Knight
Dont pay any attention to my gear because i dont have my tank stuff equipped but i have a question about dodge/parry.

I generally see 2 different things wen reading it, you want somewhere between 2-3 times as much parry as dodge.

I however never see what percentages we are looking for?

For example do i just want to get it as high as possible while maintaining the ratio or do i need something like 15% dodge and 30% parry.

I simply dont know how much we need and really a definitive answer on what the ratio is.

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
there is no flat% you are aiming for you want as much of the stats as you can get while maintaining the balance between the stats to mitigate DR
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Ok thanks, what about the ratio it should be?

I hear different things from different sites like 2x 2.5x and 3x
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
With Swordshattering:
/run d=GetDodgeChance() n=3.22 if UnitRace("player")=="Gnome" then n=n-.01 end p=235.5*d/90.6425-((235.5/90.6425)*5.01-n)+4 DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Ideal parry for current dodge: "..string.format("%.2f",p))

Without Swordshattering:
/run d=GetDodgeChance() n=3.22 if UnitRace("player")=="Gnome" then n=n-.01 end p=235.5*d/90.6425-((235.5/90.6425)*5.01-n) DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Ideal parry for current dodge: "..string.format("%.2f",p))

If you want to know where the macro comes from, it comes from this equation.
idealParry% = 3.588*dodge% - 10.757 (with Rune of Swordshattering. subtract 4 from the total if you have another runeforge on your weapon)
Edited by Reniat on 12/12/2012 4:17 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]