My thoughts on the Frost Bomb nerf.

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You FORCE the healer to dispel something and it's now on cooldown for your next crowd control.

THATS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL~
Reply Quote
Really low? What are your frostbombs because I routinely get hit anywhere from 145-180k from a frost bomb, which means it is still a 78-90k instant nuke that can be followed up with a 70k bolt and 2-3 70k icelances. Throw the blast in there too.

I fail to see how it is worthless now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Suggestion: If it get dispelled it will explode like if the target were frozen.

or

It will explode for 20% more damage (since it will won't crit all the time).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

or

Nope, change is fine as it is.
Reply Quote

or

j

No. You realize the freakin nerf was because it was doing too much instant damage right? Why do people believe you deserve compensation for nerfs? They are nerfs for a reason, not side-buffs.

You basically lost 70-80k blowing it up. Seeing as how a mage can 100-0 most people in this game with bomb/bolt/lance/lance combo, I fail to see how you just got screwed over that bad. If you want the instant damage, u suffer a penalty. God forbid you have to cast another icelance to make up for it, since they hilariously hit for 70k. You will be fine.

It needed a nerf. I would have rather the entire spell get nerfed then just the explosion, since there are times when it will not be dispelled and will still blow someone's face off during a measly 5-6 second CC chain on a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Please think before you say stupid things. Nobody takes interupts into consideration. If you bate a dispell you have a 2 second window to get a cast off and against a melee cleave having to juke everything then force a dispell then bomb will be nearly impossible. not to mention now you have nothing to cast inbetween bombs becasue you will have to save your nova in order for bomb to crit so you will have no procs outside of orb. This is literally going to make mages DOG
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
People need to seriously stop complaining about nerfs.
Good players will adapt to the changes.
And quite honestly I'm glad they have nerfed hunters, warriors, mages since the start of the expac, helps weed out the FOTM re-rollers.

I love you.

(I just started PvPing again with the TFB nerf - I'd rather try to get my first ratings without being OP as crap than facerolling my way to it. At least I got some RBG stuff last season.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hey, affliction locks might become viable again just to protect frost bomb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Really low? What are your frostbombs because I routinely get hit anywhere from 145-180k from a frost bomb, which means it is still a 78-90k instant nuke that can be followed up with a 70k bolt and 2-3 70k icelances. Throw the blast in there too.

Your gear is !@#$ then. only way you are getting hit that hard is with trinket and incanter ward up and thats still a maybe. But I garee thats a lot. however now we go from crazy damage to no damage. 90% of all bombs will be dispelled now. We will have no lances or anything as we will need to save pet nova to get crits on bombs. everyone cries yet 90% of top 10 ladders are KFC.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Shízz
Please think before you say stupid things. Nobody takes interupts into consideration. If you bate a dispell you have a 2 second window to get a cast off and against a melee cleave having to juke everything then force a dispell then bomb will be nearly impossible. not to mention now you have nothing to cast inbetween bombs becasue you will have to save your nova in order for bomb to crit so you will have no procs outside of orb. This is literally going to make mages DOG

Hey, sorry you can no longer instantly blow it up for 50% of someone's hp bar. Now its just 25%. Deal with it.
Reply Quote

Your gear is !@#$ then. only way you are getting hit that hard is with trinket and incanter ward up and thats still a maybe. But I garee thats a lot. however now we go from crazy damage to no damage. 90% of all bombs will be dispelled now. We will have no lances or anything as we will need to save pet nova to get crits on bombs. everyone cries yet 90% of top 10 ladders are KFC.

Those KFC are sitting. Hunters are trash. And no, my other characters' gear isnt trash. And even if thats with trinket, so what? People cry about feral damage and its only high every 3 minutes. People cry about warrior damage and it is every 5 minutes.

Have you really not seen the double healer/mage rank 1 that the mage basically solo's the other healer during CDs? Have you never seen that garbage on a stream yet? Apparently their gear is crap too.
Edited by Healubaddies on 12/12/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
OH NO FROSTBOMB WAS NERFED HOW WILL I PLAY SHATTERPLAY JK I RUN WITH A FIREMAGE
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

or

j

No. You realize the freakin nerf was because it was doing too much instant damage right? Why do people believe you deserve compensation for nerfs? They are nerfs for a reason, not side-buffs.

You basically lost 70-80k blowing it up. Seeing as how a mage can 100-0 most people in this game with bomb/bolt/lance/lance combo, I fail to see how you just got screwed over that bad. If you want the instant damage, u suffer a penalty. God forbid you have to cast another icelance to make up for it, since they hilariously hit for 70k. You will be fine.

It needed a nerf. I would have rather the entire spell get nerfed then just the explosion, since there are times when it will not be dispelled and will still blow someone's face off during a measly 5-6 second CC chain on a healer.

You realzie it will only do this damage in a nova or a deep? I think you can mange a 120K crit once every 30 seconds and thats if we happen to have a blanket on you and juke the 30 interupts melee cleaves have to actually get a bomb up in the correct window.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
95% of these people will still die to frost bomb because bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Those KFC are sitting. Hunters are trash. And no, my other characters' gear isnt trash. And even if thats with trinket, so what? People cry about feral damage and its only high every 3 minutes. People cry about warrior damage and it is every 5 minutes.

Have you really not seen the double healer/mage rank 1 that the mage basically solo's the other healer during CDs? Have you never seen that garbage on a stream yet? Apparently their gear is crap too.

Warrior dmg and feral dmg CANNOT BE DISPLLED. and your high if you are telling me ferals and warriors only do dmg with cd's. and clones are perfect how they are
Reply Quote
j

You realzie it will only do this damage in a nova or a deep? I think you can mange a 120K crit once every 30 seconds and thats if we happen to have a blanket on you and juke the 30 interupts melee cleaves have to actually get a bomb up in the correct window.

I play a lock, a healer, and a melee. I think I have a pretty good grasp on what it takes to cast in arena. Quit blowing it out of proportion. You can and will still get casts off. Even the top tier mages routinely CAST bombs, Polys, and the like vs the best players in the game. Stop blowing casting woes out of proportion.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Hunter
50% is fine you mage !@#$ers had it coming stupidly defending frostbomb this whole time
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/12/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Playpal

Mages can only put out one Frost bomb at a time. If there's more than one dispeller, then it's entirely possible that no Frost Bombs will go off. Frost Bomb is our hardest hitting move. Without it, we can't put much pressure on the other team. Without pressure, they have no reason to not burst me until I die. And with the Ice Barrier nerf, I die much easier.

Blizz is doing everything that they can to make Mage harder and harder to play without giving us anything to work with. It's just constant nerfs every single !@#$ing week.

What you wrote changes nothing. You need to coordinate with your team to get frost bombs off. That means getting others into full cc when your CD are coming up or you'll land a successful freeze. Everyone else has to deal with multiple dispellers but for their control spells. you have ways to force dispels with damage rather than cc. That's one of the unique strengths about the class.

That's how nerfs work. Your frost bombs got nerfed because the damage was too easy to set up for the damage it did.

Funny that you use the word "balance" against a class that has one self-heal on a 3 minute cooldown. Continuous nerfs to the DPS of a class that can't heal itself is not balance. It's just nerfs.

You avoid a lot less damage and can control others. Do mages really not understand this by now? If the heal matters so much glyph evo

So funny. All the holy pallys are so happy but have no clue. How do we avoid (more?) dmg? mages get hit so hard its a joke. KFC forces block in first trap if it does get eaten. Evo is a joke..waddleing to LOS then take 5 seconds to get some HP is not viable as any melee train wont allow that. What you are saying is so easy is not easy AT ALL regardless of synergy. "no problem guys lets cc the whole team with no trinkets or outs then wait 6 seconds for the bomb to go off so healer can NS them as soon as cc falls and they are 100% HP again. What do I do when healer has good positioning and my teamates are peeling/spamming heals to keep me alive? Just eat the dmg? Stop and juke pummel/bash/roar/disrupt shout/shockwave while taking un-healable dmg especially with 15% nerf to healing. There will be little to no counter preasure and KFC's/ kitty cleaves/ turbo cleaves will run mages into the ground with no chance...I know this sounds like !@#$%ing to all other classes but honestly think if you damage or healing got nerfed by 50% except for those perfect situations when you can cross CC with no outs
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/12/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Playpal

Except Frost Bomb still has the increased duration. We recommended Blizz reduce the damage when detonated with Fire Blast instead of the increased duration and Blizz decided to do both.

There enough time to fit one Frost Bomb in that small window of time without completely locking down the dispeller. With Fire being nearly unusable in PvP, we no longer can take advantage of Dragon's Breath. All we have now are freezes, all of which can be dispelled or easily broken. The fact that Blizz is continuing this slew of nerfs against Mages is !@#$ing ridiculous.

You don't understand. Dispelling frost bomb is extremely important and your toolkit still allows you to get frostbombs successfully when you set it up. You will be fine and need to adjust to what is actually a completely fair nerf. Setting up frostbomb going off from full duration is now an important part and with a partner easily feasible, you just need to coordinate.

All you have now are PoM ring, counter spell, DF for personal set ups, yes. But you're completely forgetting that this game is not designed around 1v1 nor even 2v2. You need to learn to play with partners and you'll still shine like the mage you are.

What do mages do in between those set ups? Run around like reatards getting trained to the ground by melee cleaves? So we %@@####* you in a set up and hopefully force cd's then you have 30 seconds to recover. GG
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

I play a lock, a healer, and a melee. I think I have a pretty good grasp on what it takes to cast in arena. Quit blowing it out of proportion. You can and will still get casts off. Even the top tier mages routinely CAST bombs, Polys, and the like vs the best players in the game. Stop blowing casting woes out of proportion.

Not complaing about casting its having to juke everything to make sure you can get a cast off in a 2 second window before healer get out of cc. Without the preasure mages had they will just get !@#$ on even more casuing teamates to spam heals and peel even more which will make cc chains even harder
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]