Looking for specific macro...

90 Human Death Knight
I am wondering if there is a way to create a maco that will let me hit a button once to use a specific spell, then hit the button a second time to use a second spell, and so forth and so on. I want to use this for my dispell spells so they dont all activate at once.

Would this do what I want? :

#showtooltip
#show
/castsequence reset=120 Strangulate, Mind Freeze, Mind Freeze, Mind Freeze, Mind Freeze, Mind Freeze

It looks like it would, but im not sure. Wouldnt it cast both at once?
Edited by Eiríkur on 12/12/2012 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
#showtooltip
/castsequence [reset=x] spell1; spell2; spell3

This will cycle through the spells in sequence each time you press the button until the reset time limit (entered in seconds) is reached, at which point it will go back to the first spell in the sequence. I recommend setting the reset time to the CD of the first spell.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This is an old macro I'm linking & haven't messed with lately, all you have to do is change the spell names though

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Gnaw
/cast [modifier:altl] Strangulate
/cast Mind Freeze

Change Gnaw with Remorseless Winter or something else if wished..
I know there is a better way to write the macro & I'm sure someone will correct me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The reset counter will reset every time you push your macro. Until you get to the end of your sequence, you'll never get back to the beginning in time.
Suggestion? Just silence when you NEED to silence.

I know there is a better way to write the macro & I'm sure someone will correct me.

Your macro is perfectly fine. Another option is to use semi-colons.
/cast [mod:alt] Strangulate; [mod:ctrl] Gnaw; Mind Freeze
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Im trying to streamline my abilities/spells without trying to automate everything. I will try all and any that are posted here to see which I like best.

Also Deathquoi, do you use semi-colon or commas?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The reset counter will reset every time you push your macro. Until you get to the end of your sequence, you'll never get back to the beginning in time.

Your macro is perfectly fine. Another option is to use semi-colons.
/cast [mod:alt] Strangulate; [mod:ctrl] Gnaw; Mind Freeze

I think you misunderstand what im trying to use this for. I dont have 50 fingers so I cant really have seperate assigned keys for each my of dispells. I am trying to streamline the use of them. I only use my dispells when I NEED them when im fighting casters and see them casting something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=n spell1, spell2, spell3
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Eiríkur
I only use my dispells when I NEED them when im fighting casters and see them casting something.

I misunderstood something?

reset=n
Where n is the number of seconds of inactivity after which the macro should be reset. In other words, if more than n seconds pass without the macro being called, then the next time you call it the sequence will start from the first spell. Note that this is not the time since the first spell in the sequence was cast, but rather the time since the macro was last called (to cast any of the spells in the sequence)

Translation, you won't be able to silence when you NEED to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Babelon
I only use my dispells when I NEED them when im fighting casters and see them casting something.

I misunderstood something?

reset=n
Where n is the number of seconds of inactivity after which the macro should be reset. In other words, if more than n seconds pass without the macro being called, then the next time you call it the sequence will start from the first spell. Note that this is not the time since the first spell in the sequence was cast, but rather the time since the macro was last called (to cast any of the spells in the sequence)

Translation, you won't be able to silence when you NEED to.

Im pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff but if I understand you, and like the guy above stated if I set this to when the first spells CD is up I should be ok no? ... wait no youre right ... well that is if im spamming it which I wont be.

So if I get into a fight 1v1 and the caster starts to cast a spell, and I dispell it. Then the caster tries to cast another spell, and I dispell that. Then say I dont try and use the dispell macro (assuming I only have two dispells available to me) for the reset time it will go back to the first spell right?

But I guess if the two spells dont have the same CD it would just keep using the second spell only right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Im pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff

I disagree.
So if I get into a fight 1v1 and the caster starts to cast a spell, and I dispell it. Then the caster tries to cast another spell, and I dispell that. Then say I dont try and use the dispell macro (assuming I only have two dispells available to me) for the reset time it will go back to the first spell right?
Correct
It will be 'n' seconds from the moment you clicked the macro.

But I guess if the two spells dont have the same CD it would just keep using the second spell only right?

Until it reaches the end of the sequence. :D

So what can we do? 11 seconds seems like enough time for you to decide if we want to silence something. But we can never silence when we absolutely need to this way.
/castsequence reset=11 Mind Freeze, Strangulate
Edited by Babelon on 12/12/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]