Monks

29 Pandaren Monk
Which spec is the best to solo pve?
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
For most things go Windwalker. If you want to be able to solo high level mobs both mistweaver and brewmaster are better. Which is better at the lower levels I cannot say for certain, but my intuition tells me Mistweaver is the best. I solo'd A whole legion of Stocks elites while waiting on BG queues without breaking a sweat, thanks to the healing stance's on hit healing ability.

I'm also in full heirloom, though..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Whirlwind. At 30 you can go Brewmaster off-spec for stuff that is too hard to Whirlwind, but honestly I never found anything the WW could not handle while questing/grinding. You could go something else and have more survivability, but it is not needed and it will take you longer to kill stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have read many different opinions, but I would go:

10-55 Brewmaster
56-90 windwalker

At 56 you get rising sun kick and it makes windwalker a LOT better.

My opinion of course.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
For leveling I went as Brewmaster all the way until 85 when I switched to Windwalker which I now main spec.

I rarely need to switch to Brewmaster when soloing unless I intent to do a lot of AoE farming, even soloing most raids and dungeons can be done as Windwalker.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I solo most things as WW. For hard hitting mobs, I can go BrM as needed, though I find WW to be all I need in most cases.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
no doubt about BM from 1-55
No doubt about WW for single target solo from 56-90

And IMO BM > WW from lvl 1 to 90 because of its superior AoE dmg. WW AoE solo is weaker you have to spam your heals and/or stuns and your only AoE damage move is spinning crane kick.

I can easely AoE pull for quets as a WW. But its a way faster and I can pull more as a BM (fully BoA)

Keg smash + breath of fire + dizzyng haze effect > WW spaming SCK + Defencive moves. And its probably even more true for none-twink.
Edited by Ishak on 12/13/2012 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
i know im low level but go suck a keg i still haz an opinion :D

Anyways, for solo pve i fell in love with Brewmaster as my offspec. Its Easy to toss your kegs out and aggro everything around you then light them the hell up and burn them to a crisp!!! Best part is with Chi wave , expel hard , guard the only time you need to slow down is when you need to go to an outpost to sell stuff. Other then that your basically immortal.
Reply Quote
97 Pandaren Monk
No mention of leveling as MW!

I'd say 1-60 MW and maybe even all the way to 80, then WW.

Why Mist? In Heirlooms you'll have pretty much unlimited mana through those levels, so you can spam attacks non-stop, which will put your single target damage ahead of pre-mastery WWs for the early levels, as they have to wait on energy regen. You can also pull 10-15 things at once and spinning crane kick them all down while healing yourself to full all the while.

Around 80 when health pools start to climb on monsters MW is harder to use, personally I did full MW quest leveling to level 88 and switched to WW for the last two, and wished I'd done it earlier.

But... don't overlook Mistweaver for leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I generally stick with BM but for dailies I'll go WW. There are times where I'll go into Dread Wastes and pull 4-6 groups of bugs at a time then kill them all for some BM fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
No mention of leveling as MW!

I'd say 1-60 MW and maybe even all the way to 80, then WW.

Why Mist? In Heirlooms you'll have pretty much unlimited mana through those levels, so you can spam attacks non-stop, which will put your single target damage ahead of pre-mastery WWs for the early levels,

I have every single heirloom of this game beside the h2h and the ring and MW is a way behind the 2 other spec for killing speed even pre-56.

jab only generate 1 chi for a MW and 2 for a WW.

And like I,ve said a BM in full BoA don't even need heals while taking on 5 even level mobs and they drop so fast.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WW is the most efficient soloer at 90.
Reply Quote
I was brewmaster from 1-90... Your survivability obviously isn't an issue. Dps can be slow at times but if you can grab a few mobs at a time our aoe is pretty silly (in a good way)
Reply Quote
BM all the way thru BC. You can solo the dungeons after you get Gift of the Ox and lvl 62. I think that is when you get it. I never lvled with WW so not sure as BM I had instant ques for dungeons and could AE all quests so lvled pretty fast.
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Monk
I just came back yesterday to WoW. Needed a break, you know how that goes...

I only have the caster leather BoA's, so went MW. Wish these BoA's switched stats with your spec =( I don't play my higher level characters anymore. I actually only came back to play the Monk. (6+ years burn out on everything else)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I just came back yesterday to WoW. Needed a break, you know how that goes...

I only have the caster leather BoA's, so went MW. Wish these BoA's switched stats with your spec =( I don't play my higher level characters anymore. I actually only came back to play the Monk. (6+ years burn out on everything else)

Well then I,d say go MW, not because it will be faster killing it probably wont but the + EXP you get from it will make you level faster especialy if you run instance when they con orange.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
BrM was great until geared. Doing dailies I could pull the area and dps them down in the time it took other people to take on two mobs.

Once geared ww allowed me to pull massive mob amounts then keep up chi wave to pull the area. But without gear its a death sentance.

So BrM until geared out at 90. Then ww geared out can still chain pull zones.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]