How does LFR work?

90 Orc Warrior
So I just hit 90 not too long ago.. I did LFR last week all the way through Vaults.. pretty much it was just a zergfest and it didnt seem like very much strategy at all.

I'm wondering.. is raiding just super easy now? Or is it just because I queue'd via LFR? Do guilds still progress individually through dungeons or is it all LFR now because it's so easy? Are there any rewards or advantages of doing a guild run over LFR?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
12/11/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Deathdro
I'm wondering.. is raiding just super easy now? Or is it just because I queue'd via LFR? Do guilds still progress individually through dungeons or is it all LFR now because it's so easy? Are there any rewards or advantages of doing a guild run over LFR?

LFR is basically a third difficulty, tuned to be easier than normal (with heroic being a step above normal and requiring the completion of normal to enter). Normal and heroic are tuned for guilds, LFR is tuned for anyone with a pulse and an hour.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Everything Ninja said is true, and there are greater rewards from doing normal and heroic. They drop higher ilvl for each step up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/11/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Deathdro

It's because you queued via LFR.

Take your standard difficulty setting in the game of your choice - Easy, Normal, Hard.

LFR is easy. Normal is normal. Heroic is hard.

The advantages of Normal and Heroic are better loot and a sense of accomplishment. And it requires using your brain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ahh I see thanks for explaining guys it makes sense to me now.

So essentially LFR is for those who can't find raiding guilds or don't want to spend a lot of time raiding.

So in terms of drops, will LFR gear < normal gear < heroic gear? Or is LFR on par with normal gear with just less drop %?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
So in terms of drops, will LFR gear < normal gear < heroic gear? Or is LFR on par with normal gear with just less drop %?

LFR<Normal<Heroic in terms of gear quality.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Okay last question.. do I need to gear up in LFR before doing normal raids?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
12/11/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Deathdro
Okay last question.. do I need to gear up in LFR before doing normal raids?

No, but it helps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]