Multiple Class Specialization Suggestion.....

90 Human Death Knight
While PvPing can be fun an enjoyable, you also find it rather annoying getting stun locked, rooted, iced, sapped and the cow jumped over the moon.

I would like to make a suggestion that each class specialization at some point over time becomes immune to the same type of spell that causes a loss of control over their character as long as they are of the same specialization.

Ex. Frost Death Knight would become immune to being Iced over by a Frost Mage and lose control over his character.

Rather this immunity comes within the first spell or a few spells later, it should just happen. It is wayyyyy too ridiculous trying to PvP with every single class causing loss on control over your character. You only have 3 at the very spells/trinkets to stop it from happening and those have cool downs.

I have talked about this with several people in battle grounds and I have yet to find a single person to disagree with it. Please consider this for the sake of PvP.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
While PvPing can be fun an enjoyable, you also find it rather annoying getting stun locked, rooted, iced, sapped and the cow jumped over the moon.

I would like to make a suggestion that each class specialization at some point over time becomes immune to the same type of spell that causes a loss of control over their character as long as they are of the same specialization.

Ex. Frost Death Knight would become immune to being Iced over by a Frost Mage and lose control over his character.

Rather this immunity comes within the first spell or a few spells later, it should just happen. It is wayyyyy too ridiculous trying to PvP with every single class causing loss on control over your character. You only have 3 at the very spells/trinkets to stop it from happening and those have cool downs.

I have talked about this with several people in battle grounds and I have yet to find a single person to disagree with it. Please consider this for the sake of PvP.

Thanks.

Dafuq? So a Frost DK becomes immune to a frost mage? Do unholy DKs become immune to unholy mages?

Maybe balance druids become immune to balance warriors?

Next time you should probably actually think an idea through before posting it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The whole point in the post is to make classes immune to specialization stuns tard. It has nothing to do with other spells. Any spell that causes loss of control of a character from a specialization of the same type or alike has an immunity effect. This may not go for any and all classes but it will for sure cut down on the ridiculous stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I still don't get it. Do you mean Holy Paladins have DR on stunning Holy Priests? Or are you going off of schools of magic?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Sensefailed
The whole point in the post is to make classes immune to specialization stuns tard. It has nothing to do with other spells. Any spell that causes loss of control of a character from a specialization of the same type or alike has an immunity effect. This may not go for any and all classes but it will for sure cut down on the ridiculous stuns.

I'm the tard? Your suggestion is moronic. Ok, there are frost DKs and frost mages. There are resto druids and resto shamans. There are prot warriors and prot pallies. There is no other fire spec. There is no other enhancement spec. There is no other balance spec. There is no other retribution spec. That is why this makes zero sense.

You might as well have said "I think I should have immunity to deep freeze because I'm frost".
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What he probably meant was Frost DK = frost cc's (maybe not all) nova, deep, ring, etc. So warlocks would be fear immune, priests etc. would be against things such as HoJ, Blinding Light, etc. Resto sham/druid = nature cc's like roots.. Would be hard to make it work, would be far easier to just get rid of the number of the cc's in the game, particularly instant cc's.

You don't need to go ballistic on the guy just cause his suggestion doesn't feel right for you.
Edited by Niernen on 12/12/2012 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
What he probably meant was Frost DK = frost cc's (maybe not all) nova, deep, ring, etc. So warlocks would be fear immune, priests etc. would be against things such as HoJ, Blinding Light, etc. Resto sham/druid = nature cc's like roots.. Would be hard to make it work, would be far easier to just get rid of the number of the cc's in the game, particularly instant cc's.

You don't need to go ballistic on the guy just cause his suggestion doesn't feel right for you.

Except I didn't go ballistic, I said it was a stupid idea because it's a stupid idea.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
You think EVERYTHING is a stupid idea Deathquoi. You also apparently didn't read past this

12/11/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Sensefailed
I would like to make a suggestion that each class specialization at some point over time becomes immune to the same type of spell

because right after that he talked about cc, not spells in general.

TC: i approve, getting sick and tired of frost mages having god-like control.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
You think EVERYTHING is a stupid idea Deathquoi. You also apparently didn't read past this

I would like to make a suggestion that each class specialization at some point over time becomes immune to the same type of spell

because right after that he talked about cc, not spells in general.

TC: i approve, getting sick and tired of frost mages having god-like control.

No, it's clearly stupid. Tell me exactly how all the classes line up. Would ele shamans be immune to nature, fire, and frost? Cool idea bro.

I can't help it if 90% of the suggestions on here are paste-eating retarded.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Some classes WOULD be a toss up, but rather than say "LOL STUPID IDEA", come up with something constructive, impose some of your ideas for changes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Leathiuk
Some classes WOULD be a toss up, but rather than say "LOL STUPID IDEA", come up with something constructive, impose some of your ideas for changes.

No. I don't need to come up with an idea in order to say that someone else's idea makes no sense. That's not how criticism works.

It's obvious that the OP said "Frost mage CC is annoying. I am frost. Why am I not immune to frost mage CC?" without considering any other facets of CC in this game.
Edited by Deathquoi on 12/12/2012 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

The problem you have is a real one. The solution you have to said problem is not. I get what you're trying to say, certain spells have certain classifications (i.e. Entangling roots is a nature spell, Deep Freeze is and Ice spell, etc.), and some specs should have immunity to certain classifications (Frost DK's have immunity to frost spells, Priests have immunity to Holy spells, unless they're shadow, in which case they have immunity to Shadow spells). Let's just say Blizzard tried to get rid of spell resistances for a reason. PvP balance is so delicate as is, you're suggesting putting more strain on the system than is really necessary. Yes, that balance is horribly out of whack now, but the point still stands.

And even if that system was successfully implemented, you would still have the same problem. You would still get sapped by a rogue, then stunlocked, use IBF to get out of it, only to be charged by a warrior and stunned again, use your trinket to get rid of the stun, be feared, use lichborne to get rid of the fear, then get blown up by that same warrior.

Your solution would argueably make things worse. You see the mage QQ from yesterday's nerf? Imagine that multiplied by 100x. Good lord, the internet would break.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
A class should hard counter a class, not a spec hard countering a spec.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'll counterpropose something so that my criticism is taken better.

I read recently an idea where there was a CC Charge. Each CC ability you used took one CC Charge away from your team, and you only had five. Every ten seconds, one would regenerate.

For example, if you used Sunbeam and Entangling roots, you would lose two CC Charges. Ten seconds later, you get one back.

My criticism is thus: Specs should not hard-counter other specs. The suggestion you make has already been covered by Diminishing Returns; basing it off of schools and specs will simply overcomplicate the issue. Burden of Knowledge is something Blizzard has openly stated they want to avoid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]