Read Me: Third Party Forums

Sadly, I'm currently too busy to write a lengthy post and give the following information the credit of being well written, as it's due. So forgive me the layout and so forth. For now though, I'd like to get the core information out there for Emerald players, since account cleaning (hacking) is on the rise lately.

Just before expansion kickoff Blizzard times a widespread ban on gold trade accounts. This includes the bots, farmers, stockpile accounts, and traders. At the same time, new content spikes gold demand that is low and costly during stale content. During those spikes, the trader pulls from whoever they can in supply to make the orders to the consumer. Suppliers make their money off of this cycle, that said, it's a fantastic time to do some well needed account checkups to protect yourself from the inc cleaning wave.

Now to the purpose of this post. Aside from lacking an authenticator, the largest reason cleaned accounts get put in the stockpile que to be hacked, is players tend to have a bad habit to not use unique passwords for logins. Meaning, if your Emerald Drama password and email are the same as your login, you need to change your Accounts password ASAP. Third Party Forums, are extremely high on the "lack of security" risk to have their data cores hacked and stored for later dates. Since its about the time for suppliers to cash in their cards, it may save you some heartache later. ^.^

TLDR: If your Emerald Drama password and email are the same as your login, you need to change your Account's password ASAP.
Edited by Gazak on 12/11/2012 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You should also demote players/accounts that have been inactive for over 3-6 months to the lowest non-GBank-accessing level to prevent guild theft as well.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
Who would use the same password anyway? How silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/12/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Buttunz

HAVE YOU MET THESE PEOPLE?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

<.< >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Roahin

<.< >.>

^
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Roahin

<.< >.>

^.^ Just make sure your Email, Battle, and Drama account passwords get changed, all seperate and unique. I'm more than sure you're not alone. <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just don't see why everyone doesn't use an authenticator. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I know they aren't 100% fool proof, but it's a lot safer to have one than to not.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I use "hamsandwich1" for everything.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Araane
I just don't see why everyone doesn't use an authenticator. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I know they aren't 100% fool proof, but it's a lot safer to have one than to not.

Speaking of, It'd make a great ((and cheap)) holiday gift for friends and close guildies. I'd imagine you could check the pets in the armory for their Core Hound Pet if not sure. *wink wink*
Edited by Gazak on 12/13/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]