another blanket healing nerf

95 Gnome Warrior
Shaman Mastery for healing is too powerful for Arenas. Like, flat out. Too strong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is yet ANOTHER Enhancement Shaman (and ele) pvp nerf. Taking a chance on a less popular spec, hoping you can overcome some of it's deficiencies through skill is a massive mistake with blizzard. Apparently, swapping from one fotm to the next is their preferred road to success in arena.

My question to GC and his crew is this: If you're only going to really put the time and energy into balancing a few specs for arena, then just give us that list before the season starts instead of making us play a guessing game. Because now my shaman's gear is too far along for me to want to turn back and get something else caught up.

I don't need extremely high rating to be happy, I just need to actually feel like i was outplayed when I lose, not just exploited via bad design choices. Enhance already can't go toe to toe with any other melee outside of cds, so if the other specs are dealing higher sustained dmg, my being able to heal to keep the fight close seems completely spot on, but somehow it's being considered horrible and in need of nerfs.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
This is yet ANOTHER Enhancement Shaman (and ele) pvp nerf. Taking a chance on a less popular spec, hoping you can overcome some of it's deficiencies through skill is a massive mistake with blizzard. Apparently, swapping from one fotm to the next is their preferred road to success in arena.

My question to GC and his crew is this: If you're only going to really put the time and energy into balancing a few specs for arena, then just give us that list before the season starts instead of making us play a guessing game. Because now my shaman's gear is too far along for me to want to turn back and get something else caught up.

I don't need extremely high rating to be happy, I just need to actually feel like i was outplayed when I lose, not just exploited via bad design choices. Enhance already can't go toe to toe with any other melee outside of cds, so if the other specs are dealing higher sustained dmg, my being able to heal to keep the fight close seems completely spot on, but somehow it's being considered horrible and in need of nerfs.

This hurts more specs than just shaman specs. Get over yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue

I'm pretty ticked off about this change being a healer, but even more so because of the negative effects it will have on so many classes it wasn't intended to nerf. It's just a horrible idea that wasn't thought out at all. Blizz has been doing this a lot lately.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So... I'm terrible and 1550, perhaps I don't count.

Healed arenas today - single target stuff felt Okay still, but my hots felt pretty weak. Lifebloom's pop is still really strong, so I'm getting more throughput out of the blooming glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Kallìk
This hurts more specs than just shaman specs. Get over yourself.

I'm only speaking of enhance because i haven't tried ww or any other self-heal dependent spec this season. I know enhance falls behind steadily (outside of cds) toe to toe with warriors and dks, i have no idea whether ww, rogue, ret suffers the same. I do know feral survivability is garbage, although their dmg and mobility makes that understandable. The real point is: if blizzard balanced our survivability around factors that INCLUDE our self-applied hps being larger than other classes, then where's the compensation? They haven't even spoken of damage avoidance or reduction being added if damage reversal is so evil.
Reply Quote
So...
Before nerf:
Shaman 10
Druid 8
Pally 7
Monk 3
Disc 1

After nerf:
Shaman 9
Druid 7
Pally 6
Monk 2
Disc 0

?? How does this fix things?

I'm really confused by this. It would be nice to have a blue post about this.

Lol are you joking pally is at least on par with shaman

Watch some high rated streams. They all have a druid or shaman with them and if they go against pally heal team they go at him make him bubble then cc and win game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yay, my hots tick for even less now!

Pretty soon second wind will be out healing my hots.
Edited by Takoda on 12/12/2012 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
36 Human Rogue
This settles me not playing arena casually on my Pally any longer.

It's not like I was really good at it, but I was getting focused and forced to bubble then being CC'd by competent teams as it was.

Unless...hey since my healing is going to be worse, maybe they won't focus me as much.
GG Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just saying today i was doing 2's with a warrior random from trade chat, 8k resil warrior, had full rolling hots on him, was in treeform spamming regrowth yet hunter/warrior could still wipe him down from 50% to 0% with almost no mitigation from my heals. I even cycloned the warrior 3 times until DR and my warrior still flops over.

Maybe the 30% blanket nerf was a bit much, maybe 20% would put healers in a nice state, but 30% is a bit much imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox

Lol are you joking pally is at least on par with shaman

Watch some high rated streams. They all have a druid or shaman with them and if they go against pally heal team they go at him make him bubble then cc and win game.

And yet there are more pallies than druids at high level pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
Also how did this nerf second wind? Second wind heals a warrior for 3% of their health. The healing pvp debuff doesn't affect that...
Reply Quote

A lot of them q dodge. Depends what teams are playing that night. Most of the pallies up there were from before when hunters damage was bugged and they did too much damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox

A lot of them q dodge. Depends what teams are playing that night. Most of the pallies up there were from before when hunters damage was bugged and they did too much damage.
So the fact pallies (and shammies) can still top someone off from almost dead to full in a global or two is just fine, hey?
Reply Quote

So the fact pallies (and shammies) can still top someone off from almost dead to full in a global or two is just fine, hey?

So the fact the someone can go from 80 percent to dead is fine in a global or two? See where I am going with this? You are kinda one sided.

Setting aside the fact too many instant cc's put you behind on heals so easily. They need to nerf all at once not constant heals.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox

So the fact the someone can go from 80 percent to dead is fine in a global or two? See where I am going with this? You are kinda one sided.
Where did I say that was ok? Being able to global people is just as stupid.

Setting aside the fact too many instant cc's put you behind on heals so easily. They need to nerf all at once not constant heals.
When resto druid and disc/monk are able to do 1/2 or 2/3 of the healing of pally/shammy, you dont nerf ALL healing. That just makes "okay" healers like druids even worse.
Reply Quote

Where did I say that was ok? Being able to global people is just as stupid.

When resto druid and disc/monk are able to do 1/2 or 2/3 of the healing of pally/shammy, you dont nerf ALL healing. That just makes "okay" healers like druids even worse.

I know you did not say it was fine but you put it as damage was not high but heals were too much when I said it's all bursty and all needs to be toned down BUT not at the rate they do it. Druids on a lot of the streams with rank ones I have seen have been the choice of healer. It is not all about the healing output as much as the utility the ddruids brought. Disc is real bad everyone knows that. I seriously only seen paladin healer in couple streams and it was reckfuls old friend last I saw he had a druid(instant cyclon breaking the game).

Still...druid healers bad? lol, seriously a lot of rank 1's are rolling with them. The blizzard ladder is not updated much and I will not go by that. I'll go by what I see high rated players are doing. There is also couple monks up there. Does not mean they are great but there is always great players carrying sometimes.

But this got a bit derailed due to how delusional you are if you think druids are just ok and not great. MAIN point was the nerf was not needed at least not like this. They should have taken care of all damage problems and cc at the same time of the healing nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So...
Before nerf:
Shaman 10
Pally 8
Druid 6
Monk 3
Disc 1

After nerf:
Shaman 9
Pally 7
Druid 5
Monk 2
Disc 0

FTFY
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Vox
You win, Blizz. I give up. I'm beaten and broken and am just going to grind the gear and go shadow like every other priest I know right now. I stuck it out and tried to play the game, the one that I pay $15 a month for, the way I wanted to play it, but it's just not fun anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]