another blanket healing nerf

90 Undead Mage
Vox

But this got a bit derailed due to how delusional you are if you think druids are just ok and not great.
Blizzard agrees with me, not you.

And yes resto druids should have lower healing output than shammy pally because resto druids have more "tricks" and utility. But right now that disparity is too large, so nerfing both by 30% isn't going to fix it.
Reply Quote

But this got a bit derailed due to how delusional you are if you think druids are just ok and not great.

And yes resto druids should have lower healing output than shammy pally because resto druids have more "tricks" and utility. But right now that disparity is too large, so nerfing both by 30% isn't going to fix it.

LOL, you sound like a little kid. Blizzard agrees with me! lol. Blizzard said they think healing was too strong. Not specific class's. Setting aside the fact we all know monk/priest is not a wise choice for high tier arena. Blizzard has never said druids were even close to not viable just that all heals were too strong for him. No point of trying to argue this anymore. Let me know what rank one players run with a a paladin when you get a chance. Shammy/druid
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Fînn
Let me know what rank one players run with a a paladin when you get a chance

Zilea has been 2500+ all season with multiple partners on BG9. Currently 2477 Rank #5.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm glad I started grabbing some shadow gear because Disc is clearly intended to not be playable. If Blizz nerfs shadow without fixing Disc I will cancel.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

LOL, you sound like a little kid. Blizzard agrees with me! lol. Blizzard said they think healing was too strong. Not specific class's. Setting aside the fact we all know monk/priest is not a wise choice for high tier arena. Blizzard has never said druids were even close to not viable just that all heals were too strong for him. No point of trying to argue this anymore. Let me know what rank one players run with a a paladin when you get a chance. Shammy/druid

From Tom Chilton interview:

When asked about arena balance: Burst is too high, non burst damage is too low, there are some disparities between the different healers with Shaman / Paladin being good, Druids being okay, and Discipline Priests and Monks lagging a little bit, and the amount of offensive instant cast crowd control being used.

Source : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3045-Tom-Chilton-Interview-WoWkemon-Addon-Blue-Posts-Blue-Tweets-TCG-Art

The amount of tools a druid has compared to say a paladin is now roughly equivalent if you look at the amount of CC, along with double freedom and double BoP. Shaman were actually in a much stronger spot than both healers until the totem nerf.
Edited by Flakox on 12/12/2012 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/11/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Primiez
Yeah my WW healing will suck even more ballz lol but it's good for the game.

Primez, I dont know if you knew this or not but Resto druids, and MW monks kinda suck in PVE right now. So you are 100% right, this was the way to go, and all blizzard will need to do after this is fix MW Monks and Resto druids.

Naturally if they buff resto druids, they will need to nerf the mobility they have.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/11/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Thumos
These lazy blanket nerfs certainly need to stop, both the PvP power nerf and this one hit many healer and hybrid dps specs who were not doing well to begin with... Never in the history of wow have so many crappy specs been affected by such sloppy blanket nerfing.

I agree, they put these carefully thought out changes in 5.1, and then in the following two weeks they drop hotfixes with blanket number/coefficient changes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

When asked about arena balance: Burst is too high, non burst damage is too low, there are some disparities between the different healers with Shaman / Paladin being good, Druids being okay, and Discipline Priests and Monks lagging a little bit, and the amount of offensive instant cast crowd control being used.

Source : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3045-Tom-Chilton-Interview-WoWkemon-Addon-Blue-Posts-Blue-Tweets-TCG-Art

The amount of tools a druid has compared to say a paladin is now roughly equivalent if you look at the amount of CC, along with double freedom and double BoP. Shaman were actually in a much stronger spot than both healers until the totem nerf.

So its ok that the HEALING specs of those classes are considered ok but the DPS specs are hit with yet another terrible nerf?

Sense, this makes none.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

So its ok that the HEALING specs of those classes are considered ok but the DPS specs are hit with yet another terrible nerf?

Sense, this makes none.

The worst part is he said changes would be on 5.2 ptr soon. So disc priest buffs coming in FIVE POINT TWO. As in months away. gg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

He also said the two bottom healers are only "lagging behind a bit". It's clear that they're not black and white on healer balance, also, blizzard doesn't agree with the OP at all if we're using this quote as a standard.

In case that didn't ruin the points already, many high-rated players would vouch that Rdruid is incredibly powerful atm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]