Holy pal vs Resto sham

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi there. I just came back to wow after a long break for studies.

I heard bad things about pvp enhancement sham and ret paladins.

I was mostly interesting in healing but i didnt know which one was better at it for Pve/pvp/arena. I want to be succesful at it.

How much did the nerf on totem silence did impact the healing?

Thanks for kind replies :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would really like to see a response to this as well. I wanted to start a new Hpally or Rshaman. I'm only interested in pvp and want to get a new guy to 90 while my RaF lasts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well ill check back tommorow morning if there is some answer to that. Tried arena junky , some mmo champ post but there is nothing on the holy pally , if like nobody were commenting on them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy pallies are more support-y with decent damage and resto shamans are only offensive through cc and dispels.

Holy pallies are usually the stronger healing choice though. Restos just work out better for all the spell cleave teams at high ratings.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hpally at this stage is the better of the two, the totem nerf has really hurt rsham ability to use defensives CDs when they are most needed while pallies still have bubble and they are no longer a defensive healer. It is possible and highly advisable for hpally to play aggressively when trying to land a kill because they have the ability to CC chain very well alone.

Also this is just hear say from a friend of mine who plays rsham and hpally is that hpally is easier to learn which would be helpful if you are jsut getting back into wow.
Edited by Sotec on 12/11/2012 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]