Why even bring a healer.

90 Human Priest
Just like the brawlers league pvp should now be all dps only. A healer is supposed to be a force multiplier.
Edited by Holymunch on 12/11/2012 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
A multiplier is still a multiplier, even if it's x0.1!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
what are you even talking about? healers needed their healing toned down. just like burst needed to come down. alot of healers arnt using any mana currently in games or even hard casting spells.

i completely agree with this healing nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Healers aren't hardcasting in arena? Maybe in 2's....

What game are you playing again? It certainly isn't this one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I agree with the nerf, but I feel bad for those poor poor disc priests...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

yes, your arena experience this season is so much more "complete" than mine... maybe you should go watch good teams with good players such as the arena tournament where the teams timed out from neither side dieing and had to be judged on damage done.

healing was out of control, just like damage was.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

yes, your arena experience this season is so much more "complete" than mine... maybe you should go watch good teams with good players such as the arena tournament where the teams timed out from neither side dieing and had to be judged on damage done.

I waste plenty of time watching streams on Twitch, and I see healers hardcasting a good amount. I know I hardcast way more than I ever did in seasons past.

Also, the arena tournament was more or less full of resto shaman, so if you are basing your bad views on healing off the arena tournament, then you should edit your post to 'resto shaman healing was out of control' kthx
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
lol watching streams glad that makes you an expert on the matter. forgot how often druids cast? the concept behind it is that healers should lose mana now when they heal. what do you even care? im sure the people you watch stream will figure out a way around it. stop complaining, i play a monk you play a druids. if im ok with the nerf you shouldn't even have a voice...
Reply Quote

You tell him to watch good streams. So he replies he does (as do I from high rated players streaming from arena junkies) but you reply with this...

12/12/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Whiskeyhealz
lol watching streams glad that makes you an expert on the matter.

Wtf? Anyways moving on.

I see a lot of them on stream have to hard cast when class's start to burst, A druid not casting much? Most of their heals are hots...I feel as if you bought your 2,2k rating. I have yet to hear people complain from multi glads that heals were too op. Only heard them say their own class (spriest/warrior/mage) were too strong and feral.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I feel like with the healing nerfs triple dps has a strong chance of coming back.

/shudder

We'll have to wait and see though, PvP is on the extreme of both ends right now. Your either at 100% HP or 20% HP which really was not a fun game for anyone participating (sans disc priests)

Burst being nerfed and healing being nerfed does have its merits as far as improving the pvp game.

It looks like they are looking at instant CC's as well so this can only be good. Instant CC has to go and become a 'skillful' aspect of the game again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/11/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Whiskeyhealz
just like burst needed to come down

And still does..

/oops

the concept behind it is that healers should lose mana now when they heal

This is only a nerf to healers' mana efficiency in the sense that they will be casting more often, which happens to make them more susceptible to CC and silences as well. It's a big nerf, with very little happening on the other side of the table.

Want to hurt healers' mana efficiency? Get at the heart of the matter. Hit them in their spell costs or their passive regen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This was a terrible design desision. it will still be RShaman > Hpally > RDRUID > MONK >>>>> DISC
Reply Quote
Just stop talking.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/12/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Lmcm
just like burst needed to come down

And still does..

/oops

the concept behind it is that healers should lose mana now when they heal

This is only a nerf to healers' mana efficiency in the sense that they will be casting more often, which happens to make them more susceptible to CC and silences as well. It's a big nerf, with very little happening on the other side of the table.

Want to hurt healers' mana efficiency? Get at the heart of the matter. Hit them in their spell costs or their passive regen.

Exactly. If mana efficiency is the case, then make the healing debuff do -15% to heals +15% to mana cost, or something along those lines. Healing classes are already GCD starved between having to heal ridiculous burst AND CC. Top that off with their supposed planning on making CC take longer to cast and you'll find healers falling even further behind.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
lol watching streams glad that makes you an expert on the matter. forgot how often druids cast? the concept behind it is that healers should lose mana now when they heal. what do you even care? im sure the people you watch stream will figure out a way around it. stop complaining, i play a monk you play a druids. if im ok with the nerf you shouldn't even have a voice...

OK, so since you are ok with the nerf then all healers should be since you play the 2nd gimpiest healer in PVP. Who the F are you again? That's right, nobody.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Triple DPS aren't going to make a come back in high end play, the mechanics simply aren't there to allow for a triple DPS to actually survive longer than any immunities on a team and AoE cc is too plentiful . you really don't have much to worry about.

Also, the healing nerf is fine. I am a apaladin though. I can't imagine any healer successfully healing through melee damage without BoP except shaman. R Druids will still need to play with classes with escapes/peels, they synergize best with them anyways because it allows for cloning.

As for disc and MW, sorry.
Edited by Playpal on 12/12/2012 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
this screws up disc and monks, bad decision
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Why bring a healer? Because even with this nerf, against a competent healers you're still going to have to cc them 100-0 to land a kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]