Inc feral pvp nerfs

90 Tauren Druid
No nerfs or changes yet but I feel some soon. Burst nerfs and maybe instant clones.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
I hope not, I just got my weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Doubtful. Warriors still have 4 times the representation on 2200+ MMR teams as the next highest melee class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Reduce burst, take instant cyclone, but don't take our shifting away
That's our signature since vanilla
Edited by Ellyanna on 12/12/2012 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They'll probably nerf our burst and buff sustained damage. I see no reason to nerf ps clone or rootshifting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd suggest you re-evaluate your stance on PS cyclone Fink.

We think that there are too many of these AoE CC spells at this time, especially instant AoE CC, which can create some frustrating gameplay experiences. Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

www.mmo-champion.com
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Impossible to counter? lol right. There's no offensive dispels on this game i guess. No double purge, no grounding, no priest dispels. Not to mention how easy is to CC a feral druid.

They'll most likely put a CD on cyclone when used with ps. Something like 10s i guess. Which is close to the average time we take to build 5cps anyways. Nerfing the instant portion of it will just gimp ferals badly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Finkllestein
Nerfing the instant portion of it will just gimp ferals badly.

All ferals know this.... just like all ferals knew in cata that removing rootshifting would make us utterly useless in pvp. Blizz still went ahead and did that despite us complaining....

I have the feeling they're going to nerf CD stacking in some way as well as removing symbiosis use from rated given the mass whining about those as well.....

I forsee PvE suffering too in there...

Call me cynical but ferals always get crippled by the nerfbat at least once an expac.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
On the plus side:

How long are we going to have to wait to see shifting out of snares removed?

Not on our radar ATM. We don't want to nerf every counter in PvP, just the ones that feel super frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"Oh, Warriors are OP you say?"
-- "We better nerf Ferals to make up for it!"

Why screw our burst when I get straight CC'd whenever I pop it anyways. I get one full Rip and a few Ravages...if that.

If they are nerfing our burst, then they better make bleeds tick like they used to. This is madness!

Oh and as for all that other stuff, they can't take root shifting away and Cyclones were really only good for locking down a healer or preventing casters from eating you while you DPS'ed someone. So, if they put it on a CD of some sort, I won't be too disappointed, as long as they don't take away the instant part of it.

(They'll probably make it's own ability that's instant with a CD. Like Renewal or whatever it's called.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The concern initially was that if warriors/frost were toned down, ferals would take their place.

Classes

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Taste for Blood now only stacks 1 time versus other players (was 3 times).

Warriors/Mages just got hit recently, and there has been a recent bunch of blue commentary on the concept of instant cast in general, but CC as well.

First things first, I want to make sure you’re aware that the information below reflects both short and long-term design considerations on our end. This isn’t all on the table for patch 5.2 for a number of reasons.

To make this clear right off the bat: This shift of instant casts back to cast times is not just targeted at crowd control. We also wish to start moving some heals back to having a cast time rather than being instant. That said, we’re not necessarily planning on overhauling many of the spells and abilities that have been instant for a long time now, such as Hand of Justice. We’re looking at some of the big outliers that we see brought up a lot, which are instant-cast, area-of-effect abilities like Blinding Light, or Presence of Mind in combination with Ring of Frost.

We think that there are too many of these AoE CC spells at this time, especially instant AoE CC, which can create some frustrating gameplay experiences. Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

Mmo-champion - for your reading 'pleasure'.
Reply Quote
I doubt they will get rid of symbiosis, but they will probably change around some abilities. Feral burst is most likely going to get tuned down and moved to sustained damage(Probably bleeds). PS might be either redesigned or have a cooldown added to it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd suggest you re-evaluate your stance on PS cyclone Fink.

www.mmo-champion.com

if PS cyclone is such an issue, why not have PS trigger a cooldown on cyclone with X amount of time?

There are times where i can proc another PS before my cyclone wears off.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
I am so hoping if they touch cyclone they do it indeed with a 10 sec cooldown nerf only,
because it wouldn't change a damn thing for pvp ferals, as you shouldnt cyclone on DR anyway,
that stuff is for fancy resto druids.

I don't really care what they do with symbioses, any nerf on that is also going to hurt resto more then feral anyway.

I want them to nerf inc+nv+beserk, that stuff shouldn't have been there to start with, ferals have never been 3 min heroes. honestly to me the real power in incarnation is its restealth potency, which has been a deciding pvp factor way more then the actual burst window it provides.

in short, nerfing burst for more sustained. YES PLEASE !
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Reflex
I doubt they will get rid of symbiosis, but they will probably change around some abilities. Feral burst is most likely going to get tuned down and moved to sustained damage(Probably bleeds). PS might be either redesigned or have a cooldown added to it.

I really doubt they will buff bleeds at the loss of burst (unless you mean changing Incarnation/NV). It would drastically buff PvE ferals because of DoC.

As an aside: PS+C is not anywhere near the levels of absurdity the instant cast fears that are just tossed around these days. I can see some frustration at times, but I would think the best route would be a cooldown placed on instant casting cyclone for a bit of time after an instant cast cyclone was had. It's not like there are no counters whatsoever to them: like Fink said - purge, dispel, steal, ground, dark sim, spell reflect, cs, etc.

Whatever, I barely PvP anymore except to get CPs anyway. NO TIME TOO MANY DAILIES TO DO!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PVP:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3 (substitute any group you like)
PVE:
http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/dps/ (substitute any current raid you like)

Why on bloody Earth would they nerf ferals when half or more of the other specs are more powerful in every aspect of this game? We get single digit numbers (and often nothing at all) in the top 100 of every pvp and pve metric and we supposedly deserve a nerf? That's cute.
Edited by Cyrza on 12/12/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I doubt they took away some of everyones burst with the damage trinket nerf...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight

Why on bloody Earth would they nerf ferals when half or more of the other specs are more powerful in every aspect of this game? We get single digit numbers (and often nothing at all) in the top 100 of every pvp and pve metric and we supposedly deserve a nerf? That's cute.

Honestly, the min-maxers didn't roll feral at the start of the season because the smart money was on resto to be the most powerful spec. And now it's too late for them to switch because of the gearing process being so slow.

So you are never going to see big representation numbers from ferals this season, but that doesn't mean that the ones who did smartly choose feral aren't OP.

I have no strong feelings on the issue since ferals are squishy, but I see a lot of guys on Arena Junkies bring up feral as an OP spec. Regadless, they've pretty much said instant clones will get nerfed, so that will remove any argument of feral being OP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/12/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Waraila
Nerfing the instant portion of it will just gimp ferals badly.

All ferals know this.... just like all ferals knew in cata that removing rootshifting would make us utterly useless in pvp. Blizz still went ahead and did that despite us complaining....

I have the feeling they're going to nerf CD stacking in some way as well as removing symbiosis use from rated given the mass whining about those as well.....

I forsee PvE suffering too in there...

Call me cynical but ferals always get crippled by the nerfbat at least once an expac.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if they take symbiosis out of rated and arena, remove it from the game and give us something useful at 87. PvE in this game is already like 80% dailies and the VAST majority of your dailies you do solo which makes symbiosis worthless.

Without some sort of use in PvP, just get rid of it. It's bad enough our big bang talent in Cata was wild mushrooms which nobody uses, but to get screwed two expansions in a row while mages get alter time and time warp, two of the best abilities in the game, it would be too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]