Disc DPS help?

I've been trying to improve DPS but it's a royal pain to break sustained 40K (according to recount). I have had limited time to gather gear so I'm lacking there but I'm wondering what tricks I may use to increase my DPS. I currently have glyph'd Holy Fire and Smite so I can holy fire -> smite till the buff is gone then penance. Also, I pop my pet out ASAP and PI is macro'd to my penance spell. I have also forgone all spirit I can to obtain haste and crit so I cast faster and hit harder.

My mage buddy has roughly the same gear and sustains around 80K; I know that's unobtainable but I'm curious if there is anything else I can do to increase my output. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The other thing I'd suggest is PI on CD - it seems sort of minimal, but it can really help to get your spells out there. The focus of disc is healing, but we can pull some substantial numbers if we try to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Your sustained dps is most likely right at the point it should be if you take a disc priest as half a healer and half dps together. At least thats the playstyle you choose. So if your doing half of a full time dps then I'd say your good. You have PI macro'd to penance so you're casting it on CD. Don't use archangel at all if you want to keep the damage buff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Penance as soon as it is off cd; don't wait for the holy fire dot to expire.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Amabella
Penance as soon as it is off cd; don't wait for the holy fire dot to expire.

This, pretty much.

If you use Penance first, it should never/almost never conflict with the dot in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Get the exact amount of haste required to make it so that as soon as a smite is finished casting you can immediately penance without having penance be ready to cast for longer that .1s.

In other words dont get so much haste that when you are smiting you have penance waiting for you. Have the cooldown line up with the end of a smite cast. With the 4 set bonus i can smite exactly twice and penance is ready the instant my 2nd smite is done. stack crit other that than for more dps as well as healing as well as mastery procs on your heals.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
More DPS as Disc just for fun right? PvE right?

So...this fun is just possible in PvE.

1 - Ok...use Divine Star as talent instead of Cascade.

2- Give priority to stats Int>Crit>Haste>Spirit>...never mastery. Reforge all mastery to crit or haste...for DPS you should even skip this stats as Disc, as it doesn´t increase your DPS. Crit is slightly better than haste here because you will work with instant spells almost (Holy Fire Glyphed, Penance, Divine Star).

3- Mindbender

Now a list for the best items PvE to acquire as DPS Disc priest:

SET
A - Guardian Serpent Handwraps 509 (hands) Guardian Serpent Handwraps
B - Guardian Serpent Legwraps (leg) 509 Amber-Shaper Un'sok Guardian Serpent Legwraps
C - Guardian Serpent Cowl (head) 509 Sha of Fear Guardian Serpent Cowl
D - Guardian Serpent Mantle (spaulder) 509 Box of Fancy Stuff (Lei Shi) Guardian Serpent Mantle
E - Guardian Serpent Robes (chest) 509 Grand Empress Shek'zeer Guardian Serpent Robes

Cape
Cape of Three Lanterns 502 Jade Guardian (cape) Cape of Three Lanterns

Bracer
Gleaming Moth Cuffs 509 (bracer) Gleaming Moth Cuffs
Darting Damselfly Cuffs 509 (bracer) Darting Damselfly Cuffs

Boots
Boots of the Blowing Wind (boots) 509 Blade Lord Ta'yak Boots of the Blowing Wind
Sandals of the Severed Soul (boots) 502 Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Sandals of the Severed Soul

Leg
Poisoncrafter's Kilt (leg) 489 Poisoncrafter's Kilt

Belt
Sorcerer's Belt of Final Winter (wrist) 509 Lei Shi Sorcerer's Belt of Final Winter
Healer's Belt of Final Winter (wrist) 509 Lei Shi Healer's Belt of Final Winter
Galaxyfire Girdle (wrist) 502 Galaxyfire Girdle

Head
Hood of Blind Eyes (head) 502 Hood of Blind Eyes

Shoulder
Shoulders of Foaming Fluids (shoulder) 509 Shoulders of Foaming Fluids
Shadowsummoner Spaulders (shoulder) 502 Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Shadowsummoner Spaulders

Weapons
Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker (staff) 509 Lei Shi Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker
Torch of the Celestial Spark (wand) 489 Torch of the Celestial Spark
Un'sok's Amber Scalpel (dagger) 509 Amber-Shaper Un'sok Un'sok's Amber Scalpel
Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm (mace) 509 Grand Empress Shek'zeer Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm

Secondary
Fan of Fiery Winds (secondary) 502 Feng the Accursed Fan of Fiery Winds

Trinket
Essence of Terror (trinket) 509 Sha of Fear Essence of Terror
Spirits of the Sun (trinket) 509 Tsulong Spirits of the Sun
Light of the Cosmos (trinket) 502 Light of the Cosmos
Jade Courtesan Figurine (trinket) 502 Jade Courtesan Figurine
Jade Magistrate Figurine (trinket) 502 Jade Magistrate Figurine

Ring
Watersoul Signet (ring) 516 Protectors of the Endless Watersoul Signet
Circuit of the Frail Soul (ring) 502 Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Circuit of the Frail Soul
Steaming Seal of Flame (ring) 496 Galleon Steaming Seal of Flame

Neck
Korven's Amber-Sealed Beetle (neck) Wind Lord Mel'jarak (Heart of fear) 509 Korven's Amber-Sealed Beetle
Worldwaker Cachabon (neck) 502 Qin-xi Worldwaker Cachabon
Stomphowl Pendant (neck) 496 Galleon Stomphowl Pendant
Links of the Lucid (neck) 489 Klaxxi Links of the Lucid
Edited by Rangore on 1/7/2013 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks! Some nice feedback from several of you.
Edited by Sundeity on 12/13/2012 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]