Spadewar is a scammer and compulsive liar

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just thought i'd let the server know not to trust this kid.

He borrows gold from multiple people, promising to pay it back, and then makes excuses until he can get out of it (he's now on alliance).

He lied about his father dying to get out of raiding, claims to make $50,000 a month streaming league of legends.

http://www.twitch.tv/spadewar

14,000 views huh?

Anyways, if you see this dude, just run away.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Lol, I didn't hear about "his dad dying." I heard how he makes around $12,000/month streaming, too! Nice consistent number there.

Holytwilight is absolutely right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No one believed his stories; that was his way to get out of paying people back.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/12/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Holytwilight
No one believed his stories; that was his way to get out of paying people back.

^ this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm not usually one to contribute to gossip but I'm posting here to confirm this. He was helping with our 2nd raid team as a recruit, and I really wanted to believe that those accusations were just misunderstandings but they aren't. He "borrowed" 78k from someone in our guild and it appears he has server transferred.

People should be wary of lending gold to those they don't know well (and even then...), and he was strongly hinting that he deserved a promotion in our guild after 2 weeks. I'm glad that a person from Arch Druid came to me in a professional manner to talk to me about it, and I did try to vet him a little via google search, hoping a post like this would come up to confirm. Mostly I'm hoping that if someone is looking up his background later, they might come upon this and think twice.

I still want to think and expect the best from people but whatever. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
nothing surprises me here except the fact someone lent a 2week old guild member 78k...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"oh i'm xfering over a million gold as soon as I have money"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/12/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Holytwilight
"oh i'm xfering over a million gold as soon as I have money"

seems legit!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Vox
2week old guild member

Anyone else think that's a bit young to start their kid on an MMO?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Hey, can I join your guild?
Great,
Can I burrow 140k? I got some more transferring over that I got with my Dota money
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Anyone else think that's a bit young to start their kid on an MMO?

Proven parenting technique. Around 2 months, you can expect them to start farming gold for you, too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm not usually one to contribute to gossip but I'm posting here to confirm this. He was helping with our 2nd raid team as a recruit, and I really wanted to believe that those accusations were just misunderstandings but they aren't. He "borrowed" 78k from someone in our guild and it appears he has server transferred.

People should be wary of lending gold to those they don't know well (and even then...), and he was strongly hinting that he deserved a promotion in our guild after 2 weeks. I'm glad that a person from Arch Druid came to me in a professional manner to talk to me about it, and I did try to vet him a little via google search, hoping a post like this would come up to confirm. Mostly I'm hoping that if someone is looking up his background later, they might come upon this and think twice.

I still want to think and expect the best from people but whatever. Thanks for the heads up.

Damn i tried warning you of this guy, sorry for your guildies loss of gold
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Who lends someone 78k? There is literally nothing that you just have to have in the game that requires 78k. I mean I would love for someone to give me a million gold but I can't think of anything that I've ever actually needed that cost over 20k.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Amaxas
Who lends someone 78k?

The same person who would make a thread about it afterwards, thinking they'll receive sympathy rather than ridicule. They would be wrong.

/em laughs at OP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]