My ideas for fixing druid healing.

90 Night Elf Druid
Wanted to put my ideas out there on how to improve our situation.

1. Mana regen. Ours is the worst of the healing classes, and our spells are the most expensive, especially rejuv blanketing.

-Rejuv needs to be about half the mana cost it is. Dispel protection too.
-Nourish, which is a joke, needs to either be buffed and remain cheap, or stay the same, and be FREE. Similar to scorch spamming firemages of Cataclysm, spamming nourish could be a viable oom strat.
-Innervate needs to have a smaller CD, and needs to be based off of some scalable stat like spirit.
-Lifebloom needs to give mana back like the shaman spell does that gives mana back. Not for the raid, we don't need replenishment, we need it just for us.
-Omen of Clarity needs permanent lasting (until used), multiple charges, like three.

2. Toolkit. We have some decent short CD tools. We don't have anything for sustained, raid wide damage except rejuv blanketing, and that ooms us fast.

-The efflo circle for swiftmend needs to be healing rain sized, or close to it.
-Glyph of wild growth needs removed from the game, and the extra targets needs baked in.
-Living seed need reworked into a hot that also splash hots nearby allies. Dispel protection too.
-Healing touch needs to be worth so much more for the cast time it has. Like 1.5x.

3. Mushrooms. Yeah, this is toolkit, but they get their own section.

-The cast time is bad. 3 casts, and spamming waiting for them to go down. 1 click put down, please.
-The manual arrangement is bad. Please put in a triangle, with each mushroom doing a circle, and all circles overlap for much of the middle.
-Effective range needs boosted.
-Healing done needs boosted.
-Put a ten second CD on them or whatever to prevent spamming.
-Also, make the shrooms be healing totems of a sort when they're out, like the plague mushrooms, except they tick healing.

4. Big CDs.

-Tranquility is not the beast it once was. I've had the raid die while using it. It is the signature CD, it needs to be BEAST. Right now, it is domestic dairy cow, not beast. The hot part is ok, it just needs to hit more, for more, and there needs to be a couple more ticks on the channeling.

-Incarnation needs to have lifeblooms be applied in triple stacks. The tech exists with the lifebloom glyph, just make it so it applies a new triple stack, not transfers. Also, OOC procs under incarnation need to go way up. Rejuv under incarnation should do an mini-swiftmend too.

-The talents other than incarnation: So bad I can't remember them. Buff, maybe?

-We need something "Oh My God" once a raid thing. We don't have one. Something awesome, unusable in arenas or rated pvp, lay on hands style. Something where you hear Darnassian style moonwell music, and a topless Elune appears and heals the raid with lovingly maternal but at the same time amazingly sexy gloriousness........well, maybe not, we should try to preserve the E FOR EVERYONE, but we DO need some sort of awesome, once every ten minutes, CD.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

EDIT: As the first feedback has pointed out, ALL of this may make it an OP thing. Think of this as a Christmas list, where these are all the toys we want, and we know we'll get a few of them if we're good.
Edited by Kodaline on 12/12/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
As a resto druid, I highly support this post.

Even if we got SOME of the changes(all would likely make us too OP)

Mana regen - big big issue

Healing mushrooms - big big fail right now

Spell cost - Way too high for some, especially rejuv, even with the 2 piece!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No no no... you know how GC feels about making Druids a great and balanced class.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Your proposed solutions would make druids quite overpowered, but the problems you state do exist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If they implemented everything you have suggested, druids would be beyond OP. Like really, imagine what you could do with JUST 3x LB stacks being instantly cast while in Tree Form and 3x stack permenant OOC Proc... You could blanket a ten man in LBs with only ten GCDS and then live off the OOC procs for years. They would never do anything like that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Edited OP to reflect the sentiment that if all of that were done, we'd be OP (maybe, although it could be done without making us OP.)

Carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Anoru
If they implemented everything you have suggested, druids would be beyond OP. Like really, imagine what you could do with JUST 3x LB stacks being instantly cast while in Tree Form and 3x stack permenant OOC Proc... You could blanket a ten man in LBs with only ten GCDS and then live off the OOC procs for years. They would never do anything like that.

Anoru, this made my night. The mental image I got from this was priceless.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Death Knight
As everyone has said, no possibility of implementing everything you said. However some of the idea's are good. I think mana back from lifebloom makes sense, we are mana starved and rewarding good uptime on lifebloom seems a good way to get it.

Rejuv is expensive..but I don't think mana should be halved. Especially if we are given another way to get mana back.

Swiftmend, I'm fine with it being a small circle, considering I wouldn't want it to get a longer cd, or become more expensive. However, it would be nice for it to either do a little larger heal per target, or do same as it does now, but will heal as many targets as there are in the circle.

Mushrooms are not fine. I don't even know if I want them fixed..I just don't like the way they work at all. For some reason it just doesn't feel fluid trying to plop 3 of those down and then blow em up. Keeping my lifebloom up and harmony going while watching every ones health..and then to take time with those things just seems blah. In 10 man normals..they seem close to worthless. But I know they will want to keep those so hopefully some way of making them useful will come along.

Nourish should be very very cheap, don't know about free..but less mana cost than currently. If we were to just spam nourish, for what it currently does we should be regenerating mana.

I would love to see lifebloom back to the way it was once a long time ago and be usable on multiple targets. We would have less need of additional raid cool downs and instead use hots..as is druid tradition. It might be too op to do that..depends on what changed they were to implement along with it I guess. Oh ...totally forgot about the ooc procs..i guess that would be over the top right now...humph

Tranquility should get a slight buff and be the real raid saver it once was.

Anyways there's some of my wishes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The main problem with most of the suggestions is that they would make druids even more overpowered in PvP, and would scale ... oddly ... between 10m and 25m raids.

Other than the issues with shrooms, the only change I would really like to see is to turn Living Seed into an absorb of any incoming damage, rather than a heal based on a direct attack. This would be far more likely to prevent deaths, and it would make the Incarnation/spread Lifebloom/glyphed Regrowth spam on the OoC procs a very powerful throughput CD.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Wanted to put my ideas out there on how to improve our situation.

1. Mana regen. Ours is the worst of the healing classes, and our spells are the most expensive, especially rejuv blanketing.

This is partially correct and you're skewing things to favor your argument. Mana regen is indeed the worst. However our spells are not the most expensive. You're using Rejuv blanketing and it's going to be expensive. That is equal to another class spamming their big bread and butter aoe spell; It will drain their mana just as fast if they did the same. You're using a flawed argument there because our GCD on said spell is half, meaning; You have to be selective in where/when to rejuv blanket.

-Rejuv needs to be about half the mana cost it is. Dispel protection too.

For reasons I just listed; Absolutely NO. That would utterly break us, making us insanely OP. A slight mana nerf may be a good thing, but half the cost? Currently if I rejuv blanket my raid, I will lead in heals by a large margin. If you half that cost, we will blow every other healer out of the water in HPS, by a large margin because half the cost = approaching mana neutral. Dumb idea.

-Nourish, which is a joke, needs to either be buffed and remain cheap, or stay the same, and be FREE. Similar to scorch spamming firemages of Cataclysm, spamming nourish could be a viable oom strat.

Nourish is a joke. Completely agree. Making it mana free does absolutely nothing. If you're OOM, it because your raid is in trouble and you need way bigger heals, Nourish wont cut it. OR, you have no idea how to preserve mana. Judging by your previous 'ideas' I smell a liberal Rejuv blanketer who has no idea how to throttle your HPS (Necessary for druids to throttle our rejuvs due to mana)

-Innervate needs to have a smaller CD, and needs to be based off of some scalable stat like spirit.

I disagree. I manage my mana great. I think we need other mechanics, but Innervate is fine. The issue is other classes having far superior options. Just because other classes have stupidly (and sometimes utterly broken) effective mana CD's does not mean we are underpowered in that regard.

-Omen of Clarity needs permanent lasting (until used), multiple charges, like three.

I full heartedly agree.

-The efflo circle for swiftmend needs to be healing rain sized, or close to it.
-Glyph of wild growth needs removed from the game, and the extra targets needs baked in.
-Living seed need reworked into a hot that also splash hots nearby allies. Dispel protection too.
-Healing touch needs to be worth so much more for the cast time it has. Like 1.5x.

Not sure I agree with the healing rain size efflo. I agree they should be the same, but I think that healing rain should be toned down to efflo's size.

The WG Glyph is..interesting, but there is an inherant choice within it. Have the option to have WG nearly always active (CD as long as duration) or have some downtime while hitting another target. I think it's an interesting choice. Overall Meh to me.

Living seed; I disagree completely. A hot that splashes onto other players? Now you're sounding like a troll just asking for a complete god mode healer. Fact of the matter is that living seed should be a bubble that prevents damage, and not just a heal that happens after damage. Could use a buff as well.

HT needs something, I agree.

-Incarnation needs to have lifeblooms be applied in triple stacks. The tech exists with the lifebloom glyph, just make it so it applies a new triple stack, not transfers. Also, OOC procs under incarnation need to go way up. Rejuv under incarnation should do an mini-swiftmend too.

Now I am convinced you're trolling. What're you smoking?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'd like some self protection during tranq, like a 30-50% damage reduction. It's the most dangerous time for me. I try to pre-rejuv or barkskin, but sometimes it's important to just cast immediately.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Kodaline
Rejuv needs to be about half the mana cost it is

That would be the most overpowered buff ever.

5k mana to cast a long-duration, high healing HoT? For real!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Lifa
I'd like some self protection during tranq, like a 30-50% damage reduction. It's the most dangerous time for me. I try to pre-rejuv or barkskin, but sometimes it's important to just cast immediately.

It also needs to be buffed (along with divine hymn) to compensate for the inability to cast during it. Shaman HTT has both beat, not only being stronger, but allows them to CH during it.
Edited by Fangthorn on 12/13/2012 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'd like to see Rejuv cost reduced by maybe 25 or 50% by OOC. I think that would be kinda nice. I like the idea of OOC having stacks, too. :3

I like what someone else said about letting LB be multi target again. I loved thatm back in the day.
Edited by Fluffy on 12/13/2012 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Tonydanza
but I think that healing rain should be toned down to efflo's size.

OLOLOL
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druids are in the same boat now that shaman were in during cata. Their pve tools could not be buffed due to how well they were doing in pvp. To do anything drastic as suggested outside of fixing shrooms seems highly unlikely.

I think they need to change WM to 1gcd to plant and then 1 to detonate or back them to an all in on 2sec cast plant and detonate. Would need to put a cd on it as well as buff the overall healing but it would make it much less clunky to use imo.

Maybe knock down rejuv cost by 8-10% but anything more than that would be too much.

I do like to idea of a rework of living seed. Would be nice if it was triggered by any type of damage taken as opposed to a direct attack. Would make it like a single charge ES.
Edited by Sadiemay on 12/13/2012 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
of the things you suggested I agree with:

1) having mana problems than other healers (I have a Disc priest and a resto Shaman). Both have better mana regen than my druid while healing throughput just about the same (Disc being better at some situations)

2) bringing back lifebloom "2% mana every 6 sec as long as as lifebloom is active" regen.

3) Swiftmend healing as much as healing rain and same radius.

4) shrooms have to be reworked.. your way seems OP but honestly I will take any version of shrooms that isnt the one we have now.

5) multiple OOC charges and lasting forever (OMG yes)

6) Living Seed should stack.

I dont agree with:

1) free nourishes
2) better tranq. (tranq as it is now is fine..)
3) OH MY GOD cd once every 10 minutes (tranq is more than enough)
4) Innervate is fine..
Edited by Dìabló on 12/13/2012 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I miss being op. make it so GC *waves hand
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I miss being op. make it so GC *waves hand

I'm not sure GC is the man for the job anymore. Perhaps a change is needed. Seems like there is a hotfix every other day to address the design failures of the developers.
Time for a change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]