That horrific moment...

100 Blood Elf Warrior
12/12/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Bilarix
Take an expectorant

This. You want to cough, yeah it sucks !@# but the penalty for ignoring your body and not coughing it all up is bronchitis or pneumonia.

When you sleep when coughing is no good, use either a cough drop or if you have it, Mentholatum under your nose has always helped me keep from coughing too much.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Death Knight
Sleep a lot, drink tea (I like Jasmine), and steamy showers. Everything people're saying always helped me, I used to get bad bronchitis at least once a year - once so badly that I got slapped with a respirator. I don't know if the sleep helped, but I really prefer to nap through illnesses.

Amusing pastimes involve seeing how far you can spit your phlegm and what color it is when it comes out.

Get well!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Hope yer okay, lass.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
There's a perfect comic for this but it's HIGHLY NSFW so I post post it... I don't want the ban. :p I'll only say it involves something intimate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Aside from my current illness, the worst illness I've had at any one time was Scarlet Fever, when I was about 9 or so. Had a fever of around 105 for a few days. Body felt tired, and I was constantly using the bathroom, but I otherwise felt fine. I remember, in my boredom, taping a note to my best friend to a frisbee and trying to fly it across the street... instead of calling her.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Mistreaver
Aside from my current illness, the worst illness I've had at any one time was Scarlet Fever, when I was about 9 or so. Had a fever of around 105 for a few days. Body felt tired, and I was constantly using the bathroom, but I otherwise felt fine. I remember, in my boredom, taping a note to my best friend to a frisbee and trying to fly it across the street... instead of calling her.

man scarlet fever? can't you like die from that?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/13/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Jessendra

Not since... the.. 16-18th century. Most a days we have "cures" and medications for all the old world diseases, but theres ALWAYS a chance you could die from something, such as cold, degenerates down to pneumonia which can lead to lung infection which can lead to death. But you get the point.

But to Mel, Id highly recommend just Hot Steamy showers, Anything from the Mint family aerosols (yes.. Cat nip is included, though a softer version of the pure mint), Tylenol/Asprin for coughing all the crap up, because your head is going to be pounding like a Bit*h.

Lots of fluids, Sleep, and take your meds on time, and Just be patient. Eventually your going to hack all of it up. It will just take time.

General Doctorly advice from when i was in medical. Get well soon darlin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
12/13/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Jessendra

You can... without pre-industrialized medecine and care

I mean, millions of people died of the Bubonic plague five centuries ago, and yet nowadays we can cure in pretty much instantly with anti-biotics
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
As others have suggested going the route of hot liquids is the way to go. It always seems to help me with the sore throat and mucus congestion. Hot teas and soups not only help to break up the phlegm but as well have nutritional value as well. Drink teas with plenty of antioxidants. I like a green tea and pomegranate mix myself. Good old fashioned chicken noodle soup is great, or some simple hot broths. Not too sure what you can do for lung infections. Maybe try the steaming method. Get a bowl of hot water, hot enough to give off an excess of steam; get a towel, drape the towel over your head and the bowl breathing in the steam. Maybe use some Vick's vapor rub to help as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Take a salt tablet.

Seriously though, make an appointment with a doctor or drink lots of tea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]