Bear Gap Closer.

90 Draenei Priest
Still a lowbie bear tank, working my way up :).

However it seems that aside from the 'Wild Charge' talent (which seems way better spent on Swiftness), we don't have a charge/gap closer like we used to.

Is this true or have I caught the dumb?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wild charge and Skull bash. One's a talent, one's an interrupt (though tbh, I find myself using it for the charge almost as much as I do using it for the interrupt in raids).

If you want the extra runspeed, you give up the charge.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I didn't spec into Charge so I use stampeding roar when I need to get somewhere in a hurry. You don't get the root but it works just as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/12/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Ahanss
Wild charge and Skull bash. One's a talent, one's an interrupt (though tbh, I find myself using it for the charge almost as much as I do using it for the interrupt in raids).
This pretty much. I use Skull Bash all the time for movement and not necessarily interrupting things.

While you're levelling WC is probably better used than FS until you get to max level honestly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
once you charge you never go back.

unless you charge back in the other direction then i guess you do go back
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/14/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Onslaught
once you charge you never go back.

Until you start raiding and realize FS is better for 99% of raid encounters thus far in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I still think its weird that the class widely known as the most mobile tank is the one without a passive speed increase.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
How much time do you actually spend running, though, demo?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/15/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Ðemolition
I still think its weird that the class widely known as the most mobile tank is the one without a passive speed increase.

Charge-Leap-Intervene-Charge says !@#$ run speed.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Druid
Feral Charge is 'cooler' but Feral Swiftness works much better in reality:)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There're only like 4 encounters all tier where your choice in that talent is going to matter at all noticeably.

And that's being generous on those 4.

(I like charge on tsulong for an emergency add root, and elegon even though I never reset my stacks anymore so it's totally pointless. FS on Will (duh), and elite protectors helps moving out. In pretty much every case, extra MS vs. a charge is pointless decision, both help.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Druintervene is moonkin form only right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Caster form wild charge or moonkin symb with warrior.
Edited by Ahanss on 12/18/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/18/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Ahanss
In pretty much every case, extra MS vs. a charge is pointless decision, both help.
Ehhhhhh....

You can't charge on Stone Guards, Spirit Kings, or Garalon. And on those FS has a > 0 impact on the encounter.

You could in theory take WC for Vizier and Bladelord, but there's no real point since FS is just plain better - Attenuation and P2 respectively.

It's also better for Lei Shi during Get Away, but if you can roll Roars for that, that's obviously better.

Plus, we should be talking in terms of someone that isn't in the top 10% of guilds - since anyone up there knows enough to make their own choices anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
You can charge on garalon, just target his legs. It's handy to get to him at the beginning and technically useful if you're a little farther away after kiting. And I'd love to hear what use FS actually has there. Actually, most of those cases (bar spirit kings), I just never care to move quickly, unless my OT is on the other side of the room for no reason on stone guard. Extra MS is nice, yes, but in terms of actual use? It wouldn't affect what I do at all.

WC is fantastic for Blade lord P2 to get past the last little bit, and I don't much care about the run to there since I'm healing the whole way anyway, just gives me more time to heal people. Our heroic kill actually had me healing for a good portion of the stacked part too, since we had a healer down. It's also nice to get back after unseen, slightly more reliable than skull bash.
Vizier Charge saves hunter pets on platform changes, and attenuation is a joke to avoid regardless of choice. It's not like Will combos where doing it without FS makes it noticeably more painful.

There are cases where FS is noticeably better, but for the vast majority of encounters, whichever you prefer is going to generally be better.
Edited by Brewhahanss on 12/18/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/18/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Brewhahanss
You can charge on garalon, just target his legs. It's handy to get to him at the beginning and technically useful if you're a little farther away after kiting.

If you're kiting at all, yes. Not everyone has their tanks do it.

And I'd love to hear what use FS actually has there.
Moving away faster, keeping in the cleave in case someone decides that spinning him around is a good idea. I've had it happen to me more than a few times.

I just never care to move quickly, unless my OT is on the other side of the room for no reason on stone guard.
Gives someone more of a cushion on moving out of mines.

Extra MS is nice, yes, but in terms of actual use? It wouldn't affect what I do at all.
You =| other 90% of the population :P

There are cases where FS is noticeably better, but for the vast majority of encounters, whichever you prefer is going to generally be better.
The difference is that for people who are new and haven't seen anything before, it's better to have FS first in the overwhelming majority of cases and then transition out of it if you think WC will be of more use.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
12/18/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Arielle
You =| other 90% of the population :P

Clearly. I don't see the need for MS because not only can I get by without it, I don't have any benefit to gain from it. The only exceptions so far where WC wouldn't actually cover it so far would be will/Elite protectors/HM SK (Though I haven't given them enough attempts to really be sure, it looked like it).

Likewise, many people prefer FS and don't see a need for charge because they're used to doing it that way.

Why then should everyone take FS and it not be up to preference?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Likewise, many people prefer FS and don't see a need for charge because they're used to doing it that way.

People who don't know better are more likely to need more help in straight reacting to move out of things. Such as sitting there staring at a Flanking Orders until it's almost on you and then frantically panicking.
Edited by Slashlove on 12/18/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
For pretty much anything besides tanking raids, though, I really like Wild Charge. Leveling, Archeology, dungeons, dailies, even healing raids. It's false to say that FS is the only good choice there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/18/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Brewhahanss
Newer/Lesser skilled players (who make up the overwhelming majority of the playerbase) should start with FS unless there's a compelling reason to do otherwise (Elegon - or as you mentioned - Tsulong).

Once they have the experience and knowledge of the fight to make their own decisions with confidence, then they can obviously choose to do something else if that suits them better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]