90 Human Monk
Edited by Foxzero on 12/15/2012 1:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Might as well be out then...peace!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's not a monk problem specifically, though monks are more vulnerable to CC chains than some.

If you look around, you'll see blue posts specifically addressing PVP issues quite a bit recently. The TL;DR is that devs are quite aware that CC, burst and healing are out of control, and that monks of all specs are weak in PVP. So they know it's a problem, and they are working to fix it. You can't ask for more than that.
Reply Quote
yeah know if monks in all specs are problematic perhaps the problem isn't with us, but everyone one else?

just a theory, but how bout blizzard listens to the pvp chatters and releases weekly updates on what they've figured out much like the water cooler style. Only problem is filtering out all the qq'ers from the people with reasonable posts, idea's and the like.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
yeah know if monks in all specs are problematic perhaps the problem isn't with us, but everyone one else?

just a theory, but how bout blizzard listens to the pvp chatters and releases weekly updates on what they've figured out much like the water cooler style. Only problem is filtering out all the qq'ers from the people with reasonable posts, idea's and the like.

As far as I know, they do read the foruns. The PvP Devs aren't interacting much with the community and many people feel that distance. It's indeed, frustrating, but have you guys seen the interview posted on the Arena foruns yet? I found it... Promising.

Edit for da link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7349465359
Edited by Artheran on 12/13/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
IDK if you've noticed buy Blizzard clearly doesn't give two %#$^ about you quitting because the PvP sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The recent hotfixes and interviews suggest that they pretty clearly understand PvP'rs are unhappy and are working to fix it.

But if you're not patient enough to wait for them to leave, particularly when leveling is so quick and easy these days, adios.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm not leveling another character to 90, it's too much time and very very very boring.

I should not have to be a previous gladiator ranked 2500 or whatever in order to have fun playing my class.

Right now the only way I can kill people is with touch of karma, and if they are smart enough to realize what it does and just CC me or avoid me while it's up, then it's GG.

It probably wont... blizzard isn't capable of balancing in under a year
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I have taken my monk 1-35 in the last 2.5 days, and that has been fairly casual play. I do not suspect the rest to be much different...

If you have another high level toon then I would suggest playing that one until you are happy with the Monk class. Either that or spend a week or two and level up a new one. Its really not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Don't blame the class, blame the player...

hopefully you learn that, its you...not the class
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Rogue
I have high hopes for 5.2. If PvP doesn't get any better, I'll have to give up on this game also. They're too into pleasing the masses than making this game feel special. Blizzard will always be the best at execution, but I'm starting not agree with the direction they are taking. Vanilla was great, mainly because the whole game was connected. If you wanted to do well in PvP, you had to beat raid bosses for gear. BC was still alright, but that's when the game started shifting to separate PvP and PvE, which I just don't agree with personally.
Edited by Jujukazoo on 12/13/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
PVP has always been pretty awful after vanilla.

Resilience killed it for me. Adding a PVP power on top of that was even more idiotic. I avoid pvp like the plague in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
12/13/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Jujukazoo
I have high hopes for 5.2. If PvP doesn't get any better, I'll have to give up on this game also. They're too into pleasing the masses than making this game feel special. Blizzard will always be the best at execution, but I'm starting not agree with the direction they are taking.

Your playing PVP, do some PVE and be happy rogue...
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Rogue
12/13/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Etrith
I have high hopes for 5.2. If PvP doesn't get any better, I'll have to give up on this game also. They're too into pleasing the masses than making this game feel special. Blizzard will always be the best at execution, but I'm starting not agree with the direction they are taking.

Monk, and I don't PvE anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

Resilience killed it for me. Adding a PVP power on top of that was even more idiotic. I avoid pvp like the plague in this game.

translation: I'm a raider and I want to gank player because I'm over gearing them rather then out-skilling them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
12/13/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Jujukazoo

Monk, and I don't PvE anymore.

Your on your rogue....get on your monk and post =D

Well you should pve, and pvp both two amazing parts of the game...if pvp is 'broken' do pve
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

translation: I'm a raider and I want to gank player because I'm over gearing them rather then out-skilling them.

HmMmM well...I guess you don't know, but the pvp gear in vanilla was better than the raiding gear. The pvp gear didn't have Resilience
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

HmMmM well...I guess you don't know, but the pvp gear in vanilla was better than the raiding gear. The pvp gear didn't have Resilience

Only if you were the highwarlord (so if you had a friend to share your shaman account to help ya) and it was like this only because the last PvP tier came after the last PvE if I'm right.

What I remember from vanilla PvP is that I was getting ganked by PvE raiders.
Edited by Ishak on 12/13/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

Only if you were the highwarlord (so if you had a friend to share your shaman account to help ya) and it was like this only because the last PvP tier came after the last PvE if I'm right.

What I remember from vanilla PvP is that I was getting ganked by PvE raiders.

=)...we have very different memories
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]