going to raids in the incorrect spec?

85 Blood Elf Mage
Ok I've seen people do LFR and sha in the wrong spec but would that still get you gear for that spec because of the new loot distribution system in raids? For example let's say you queued for LFR on your warrior as a dps but your in your protection spec hoping that no one would notice and to get yourself some tank gear. Some people in LFR don't pay any attention to others and the tanks could end up losing tank gear to a dps.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I do this all the time.
In fact, im doing it right now.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
12/11/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Vàyne
losing tank gear to a dps.
Uh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
12/11/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
Uh.

Yeah, they need to make a rule that you need to read a manual explaining how LFR loot works and pass a quiz on it before you are allowed in. The simply expecting people to read posts that show up EVERYWHERE thing does not seem to be working so great.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
pass a quiz on it before you are allowed in.

The queue times would be days long instead of minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Sha doesn't care for your spec. I got dps legs despite tanking him.
But they're also pretty neat for tanking.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
The idea of a captcha on LFR queues delights and intrigues me.

Anyway, aside from complete obliviousness on how the LFR loot system works, I'm guessing it'll have to become a more serious problem before it gets fixed in any way.

Disallowing spec changes can cause other problems, so that won't work. Really the only thing you can do is hope that the group manages to pull through despite slackers, and if you wipe, then it's time to play police and look at who's performing outside their role. The margin of error in LFR is so large it only matters on a few bosses, and they aren't always ones with tempting offspec loot.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
aus
Sha doesn't care for your spec. I got dps legs despite tanking him.
But they're also pretty neat for tanking.

Sha is just weird. I got double holy healing him. I got dps legs tanking him.

LFR. Nothing anybody else can do affects your drops. You roll, if you roll over 85 it looks at your spec and picks a drop it thinks you might want from that bosses loot table.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]