Best way to level 1-25 for the first time?

1 Blood Elf Priest
I'm having the most frustrating time leveling, but I think its because my highest pets are only 17 and they suck (grunty and lil kt). So I think I'm just gonna start over.

What are the easiest pets and best way to level 1-25 for the first time? I don't care about having generic stupid pets, I just want to get 25 on anything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm having the most frustrating time leveling, but I think its because my highest pets are only 17 and they suck (grunty and lil kt). So I think I'm just gonna start over.

What are the easiest pets and best way to level 1-25 for the first time? I don't care about having generic stupid pets, I just want to get 25 on anything.

best pets to level with for the first time are those that are strong vs beasts and critters, as that's what you'll be facing most of the time. Strong, easy to get choices are crabs to kill critters and a clockwork gnome or darkmoon zeppelin to kill beasts, if you can find them. But I'd highly recommend a nice tanky crab as your first.

Once you get that, next things to lock down are pets which are good vs flying and aquatic types, as those are the next most frequent things you'll encounter. which would mean a flying type and a magic type for you, but that's a little ways down the road.

edit: did i really say turtle instead of crab? wow...
Edited by Hugh on 12/12/2012 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Use the ones you have leveled to catch a spider and a robot (winterspring) and from there hopscotch your way up by catching pets that're higher level until you hit all level 22-23 pets, then use them to train the pets you actually want to battle with.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
go with Crocs.
Snarly is best.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'd suggest a rare beast with a self-heal. I'd make a more personalized suggestion based on your pets, but you posted on a level 1 alt.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Those pets are not optimal for pve leveling, so I can understand your frustration. I'd suggest going with something that does mechanical damage (for killing beasts), something that does beast damage (for killing critters), and something that does either flying or magic damage (for killing either aquatics or flyings). Rares are best, but uncommons are acceptable. Realize that some zones are going to give you trouble (eg, Eastern Plaguelands and all its undeads) and you just have to roll with it. I found that leveling two teams and swapping them between fights, so I didn't need to heal so often, was nice, but your mileage may vary.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I am currently leveling for the first time- most of my top pets are around 16 lvl. It is correct that you will be fighting critters, beasts and aquatics mostly at the beginning levels.

Against critters I am using either my Asp (Hissyfit) or my Scorpid (Rosie)- they literally destroy critters on contact.

Against aquatics I have my crow (Hitch)- same thing

Against flyers I have my Onyxia Welping (Lil Ony)

A general purpose is my Feline Familiar (Pesty)

I have a few stand-in in case I am facing some of the other families but these are my mains and I am pretty happy with them. They only die when I forget to switch of get too aggressive with them when they are wounded.
Reply Quote
I crushed everything up to the icecrown master with 2 snakes and a clockwork

Snakes worked really nicely for capturing wild pets...

When I hit a wall with the icecrown master, I got a water waveling and now faceroll him daily with clockwork, snake, water waveling.

So yea... I recommend snakes for sure
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I loved my Wiggles while leveling was with me from Tanaris to a good 25 team :)

Snakes ftw
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
go with Crocs.
Snarly is best.

/love snarly and take him to Valley of the 4 winds for him to munch on some critters
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Snarly
Darkmoon zep
Rabbit

These will be handy not only while leveling but at max level as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
I am probably a bit of a nub but i was a big fan of my snowcub with his big heal on kill from devour.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Mate
I am probably a bit of a nub but i was a big fan of my snowcub with his big heal on kill from devour.

Snarly has devour
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
If you're willing to start from scratch and have a max level toon go run BWL and MC and pick up the rares in there. Chrominius is my personal favorite: lots of beast damage to mow down critters, super tanky, lots of healing, and since he's dragon type he's only weak to humanoid damage, which is pretty rare from trainers.

Fastest option is probably to use your current 16s to catch a rare beast (I personally recommend snakes or cats) and a rare mechanical (Darkmoon Zep if you can get it) to pair with either your grunty or Lil' KT and you'll be good to go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]