Blizzard Launcher's

100 Human Warrior
Hey guys, I opened up WoW only to have it do a launcher update. At this point in time, it is stuck 2/3's of the way across and not making any progress. I have tried restarting my computer to fix this but the problem is persisting. Any idea of what I can do to fix this?
Edited by Kerex on 12/12/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Either way, you'll probably want to head over to the corresponding tech support forum, they're usually really helpful and I know on the Mac forum at least there's a Blue who comments on almost every problem :)

Asking General probably won't get you the results you need :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I am on a PC ;) thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Update it is doing this for all of my blizzard games. Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and WoW.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Kerex,

Lets try resetting the launcher game files.

• Close any Blizzard programs (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
  • Configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders.
  • Navigate to the Battle.net folder:
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
  • Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\
  • Right click the Battle.net folder.
  • Click Delete.
  • Relaunch the game.
  • Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    Thank you for the response, I will give this a try and update you after I complete the process.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    The BEST way to cover this is doin this:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/enabling-windows-secondary-logon-service

I have the SAME problem and this solves the problem :))
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    UPDATE: Went through the process and it seemed to go through. The game is updating to patch 5.1.0a as we speak.

This process got me curious however. How does deleting a specific folder help a program in mid download run the rest of the way through?
    Reply Quote
    Support Forum Agent
    Kerex,

It doesn't. World of Warcraft is actually a collection of programs, not a single one. Deleting that folder removed the program that was doing the update. You then download a new copy of the program that wasn't stuck. It started over.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    Ah I see now. :) Thank you for the response. I should've known that seeing that I took two years of Game Design. Damn this head cold. ;)
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Warrior
    I had this same problem the otherday but after about 30 minutes it finally shot up an error about saying one of the mpq files in the wow/updates folder was corrupt and that I needed to re-download it.

Of course the downloader automatically re-downloaded the file once I deleted the original and if I recall correctly the file name was
    wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ

Though I cannot be sure that is the correct file as when all this happened their were 4 files in that folder and now their only appears to be the one.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]