PVP healing debuff increased to 30%. Discuss

PvP

The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%).

Seriously? Disc is unplayable right now, and the burst is still way over-tuned. How about balancing the classes instead of putting a "blanket" debuff on an entire subset of the population. This "blanket" assumes all healers are created equal, which is just not the case.

So if burst is too high, why was there no "30% reduction to damage" on all classes. Because it would have been silly.

Think about the math, balance, and playability before "blanketing" groups Blizzard. This type of balancing is getting absurd.
Edited by Reprobus on 12/12/2012 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There's another thread about this, but I'll just repeat what I said there - I'm just not going to PvP. :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/12/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Whisper
better learn how to use those handicap mods healbot/grid/cliq better.

I don't think you know how those work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While I don't really PVP much, I can tell you straight up, I wont PVP as a healer.

Cant kill a critter
cant heal through the burst

I will not be a punching bag for free honor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
There's another thread about this, but I'll just repeat what I said there - I'm just not going to PvP. :)

awww poor wittle healers will sometimes now die vs actual skilled players. better learn how to use those handicap mods healbot/grid/cliq better.

Grid/Clique/Healbot/Vuhdo are about as much of a handicap as DoT timers are for DPS. Or a visually appealing combo point display for rogues.

They show you information more concisely than you would find otherwise, and allow you to customize it for your own visual preferences. These addons, with or without the combination of Clique, depending on the mod, also allow you to do things which are entirely doable in macros, which you may have for things like burst CDs, simply with less typing, saving you macro slots, and generally make them more versatile in terms of having the same key do different things when modifiers are used (i.e. using macro A when shift is pressed, macro B when Alt is pressed, Macro C when ctrl is pressed, Macro D when shift AND alt are pressed, etc. - though you usually don't need macros to that extent, you can use them if you wish. I believe this is doable in macros using scripts, though that isn't a widespread function used in mouseover macros).

Go back to using those skilled stunlocks of yours, rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

awww poor wittle healers will sometimes now die vs actual skilled players. better learn how to use those handicap mods healbot/grid/cliq better.

Good thing those poor wittle healers won't die to you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Wow.

Edit: I honestly thought I hadn't left the Damage Dealing forum for a second.

Edit 2: Is this idiot actually implying that healers who use healbot, grid, or clique are *baddies* because they use said mods??
Edited by Taymage on 12/12/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Players: Blizz, burst damage is way too high!!! What are you going to do about it?!
Blizzard: Nerf healers LAWL!!!!

It's like they're trolling us.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
They are actually nerfing some sources of burst though. TfB got nerfed, as well as Frost Bomb (or at least Frost Bomb's interaction with the Glyph of Fire Blast).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, I'm sorry, did I make a Rogue cry?

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

<3

L2PLAYN000B!!! Y U SO BAD W/UR HEALBOTS?????????????
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

<3

You should get a title for that. And a cookie!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Sensations
Good thing those poor wittle healers won't die to you.

I bet if I keep my back to the wall, I can make him foam with incoherent rage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
While I don't really PVP much, I can tell you straight up, I wont PVP as a healer.

Cant kill a critter
cant heal through the burst

I will not be a punching bag for free honor.

You obviously haven't been around very long. Since thats basically EXACTLY what healers are in World of CrowdControl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Whisper
Healing with addons is moron proof.

Will you please go back to your hole, mister Rogue?

No one cares about your leeching poison.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
DOT timers and Display alerts dont select players for you and assist in making game changing decisions like healing or buffing or using a CD on players at the perfect time or moment you dont even have to see them on your screen.

Oh. Okay.

So you don't know how those addons work.

EDIT: For the record, those addons don't automate healing. They present information that wouldn't be otherwise available (like who has certain buffs or debuffs), but they do not make any decisions for us.
Edited by Skootalloo on 12/12/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Healing with addons is moron proof. DOT timers and Display alerts dont select players for you and assist in making game changing decisions like healing or buffing or using a CD on players at the perfect time or moment you dont even have to see them on your screen.

Clueless rogue is clueless.

Please go back under your bridge.
Edited by Veroicone on 12/12/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]